Thread: Smith & wesson 4006

Post imported post

I have a chance to buy a S&W 4006 stainless .40 pistol. not a mark on it and in excelent condition. looked over buy a gunsmith, says its perfect and cant see if it has ever been shot....

I can get this for 400.00 with 3 mags and holster. have the orig box and all the papers

Ive never shot this weapon and cant find much about except its a 3rd generation and that the hwy patrol used to use em before going to glock

anybody had any experience with this weapon

Rick

Post imported post

That weapon is built by S&W, who also are licensed by Walther to produce the PPk series here in America. The 4006 has a decocking safety, as does the PPK series.

As you may know there was a problem with the decocker on certain of the S&W PPK and PPK/s pistols that required a factory recall/repair. You might call S&W for an assurance that the decocker on this weapon is safe. At a minimum that would keep them alert to the fact that their screwup of the PPK has not been forgotten.

That aside I have long wanted a 4006 since it has the features I like in a semi-auto: Double action 1st shot (safe chambered carry), exposed hammer (manual cocking to 1st shot SA and manual decock if needed) ; and multiple strike capability in the case of a faulty primer. And yes, I do like a decocking safety, so long as it doesn't cause the weapon to fire.

Post imported post

XDM OWNER wrote:
    I have a chance to buy a S&W 4006 stainless .40 pistol. not a mark on it and in excelent condition. looked over buy a gunsmith, says its perfect and cant see if it has ever been shot....

I can get this for 400.00 with 3 mags and holster. have the orig box and all the papers

Ive never shot this weapon and cant find much about except its a 3rd generation and that the hwy patrol used to use em before going to glock

anybody had any experience with this weapon
    I don't have a 4006, but I have a 4506 and a 1006.

All steel, well-designed, tanks.

Kinda heavy for carry.

I believe that your package deal is at a very good price. You would have no trouble getting out of it if you didn't like the gun.