• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Rifle event

kenpoprofessor

imported post

TOF wrote:
I obviously didn't consider it worthy of an answer or I would have.

I take it your controlling personality doesn't allow you to agree to disagree.
http://vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules.html

Rules for Radicals

Rule 10: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. Avoid being trapped by an opponent or an interviewer who says, “Okay, what would you do?”

Hmm, you shoulda looked at the handbook :shock:

Havea great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

kenpoprofessor

imported post

TOF wrote:
If I was a radical I might follow your manual but I am not.

I do believe you just told us for certain what you are.

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.
Sun Tzu

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
Sun Tzu

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
Sun Tzu

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Sun Tzu

This should say who I am. I know how they work, and I use their own strategies against them.

Clyde

GunsKillPeople ;)

imported post

I spent some time teaching at Berkeley...the liberal bastion of America...a lesson I learned from them is that sometimes you have to exercise your rights in order to preserve them.

Will it draw attention. Of course..but it is our right. If you are reticent about supporting your rights, don't worry...there are those who will face the fire and do it so you have access to your rights.

TOF

imported post

Don't worry about me packinprof, i have faced a bit of fire in my 69 years and can face more if need be. I was probably packing before you were born so don't even begin to tell me you are going to support my rights for me.

Given you seem afraid or embarrassed to divulge your location one must wonder just how you would do under fire. Are you still part of the Berkeley crowd?

GunsKillPeople ;)

imported post

Yup...actually I am just lurking on here (undercover of course) to return the 411 to my liberal, Prius-driving friends in Berkeley. Haven't had the abundance of time to update my location. N. Phx for what it's worth.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This 'rifles' thing ain't a good idea. As for Kenpo... "He who defends all, defends nothing": Sun Tzu

This isn't about anything more than agitation. Somebody must need a lot of attention... but find some other venue to get it. We openly carry guns for a purpose... not to show off. That's been the norm here since before thare was an Arizona. Sorry... this kind'a activism is unneccesary and unwelcome. This is the kind'a stuff that generates 'gun nut' media publicity for the anti's. This kind'a nonsense is counter-productive. 'Carryin' guns might be a novelty to some of you... but for the rest of us, it's just what we 'do'... and have been for a long time w/o intentionally causing alarm. With rights come responsibleity... and responsible actions.

Quite frankly... if you pull this stuff in Maricopa County,. I hope you wind up in a set of pink skivvies.

Thundar

imported post

TOF wrote:
If as Thundar suggests, you take a gaggle of rifle toting advocates to an Illegal Alien protest, not an anti gun protest, to "Intimidate " the Union element you will most likely cause restrictive laws to be considered and campaigned for by people that would not otherwise do so.

I believe as much as anyone on this forum in the Constitution and 2A but do not believe conditions in Arizona warrant Mass Armed Confrontation/Intimatation of Fellow Arizonans be they Union Members or not.

That time might come but it is not now.

I don't know what brought you to Arizona but I am beginning to wish you would leave.

JMHO

Have a Great American Day

Hold on TOF,

I am not trying to be part of the ugliness that is brewing in this thread, but I need to respond to the summary of my posting and to reassert my view.

The word "Intimidate" is not in my post.

OC is accepted by most in this forum as a deterrent to crime. I pointed out that OC had been documented as having the deterrent effect in NH where illegal brutality by organized labor was indeed happening.

Rifle carry is a legal option, but in many forum discussions those that advocate OC of handguns cringe over long guns. The meaning of Open Carry is not limited to handguns, though some wish it to be so. The wiki definition of open carry: Open carry - the act of publicly carrying a firearm in plain sight

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry

You sound like an anti when youtranslate Long Gun Open Carryto Mass Armed Confrontation. Sorry, but that is about as accurate as the Brandy campaign's" this isn't the wild west, there will be blood in the streets, " argument for every loosening of gun control laws.

Might I be so bold as to summarize the don't carry long guns argument?

Those that haven't lived in Arizona forevershould not bring firearms to events where their presence may provide security and safety tothe OCers because those that have livedin Arizona for a long time are afraid that there may be a backlash against our gun rights for asserting our civil rights.

JMHO.

Live Free or Die,

Thundar

TOF

imported post

Thundar wrote:
There is a call for labor to participate in the demonstration. There have been documented union thugs at other events, including the NH Obama OC situation which sent MSNBC off the deep end. In NH OCing sent the abusive union thugs scurrying away.

This comment is enough for me to conclude the word intimidate was a correct choice. Call it protection if you wish but I have been reading between the lines long enough to understand what is being proposed.

Thundar

imported post

TOF wrote:
Thundar wrote:
There is a call for labor to participate in the demonstration. There have been documented union thugs at other events, including the NH Obama OC situation which sent MSNBC off the deep end. In NH OCing sent the abusive union thugs scurrying away.

This comment is enough for me to conclude the word intimidate was a correct choice. Call it protection if you wish but I have been reading between the lines long enough to understand what is being proposed.
I do not know what lines you are reading between but let me quickly summarize the NH labor thug incident.

OK, so in NH union thugs physically and verbally assaulted demonstrators and even spat upon them.One thug reportedly turned around and left whenhe saw a demonstrator that was OCing.

The firearm dissuades the criminal from selecting you as a victim or committing criminal acts in your presence. I call that deterrence, but you call thatintimidation. :banghead:

Do you guys that have lived in Arizona forever have a different dictionary as well?

LuvmyXD9

imported post

This kind of stuff is exactly why I have yet to come to an OC event.

If I don't fit into some cookie cutter mentality that is blatantly obvious on this local board (dem = evil), then you're not wanted.

Just because you hate Arpaio does NOT mean you love illegals. It just means you don't buy into his policies.

You will do NOTHING but cement their cause and DAMAGE ours by carrying long guns (and I'm sure a bunch of you guys would just looooooove to carry AR-15 to further scare the people) at an event like that.

Open carry? FINE. But be reasonable about it.

Thundar

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
You will do NOTHING but cement their cause and DAMAGE ours by carrying long guns (and I'm sure a bunch of you guys would just looooooove to carry AR-15 to further scare the people) at an event like that.

No AR for me, but I do have a beautiful M-1 Garand.

So the carry of long guns should remain a right unexercised? hmmmmm what is the motto on OCDO???

You say "Be Reasonable." Don't like that phrase much. I would argue be lawful. Reasonable is a mighty slippery slope used by the Brady Bunch to restrict our rights. We should not use it on each other.

You may be uncomfortable with the concept of Long Gun Open carry now, but after a while it will become part of the background noise, just like handgun open carry is now.

Long gun carry rights use 'em or lose 'em.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Just a reminder... This is Arizona... and the 'Union Goons' can arm themselves with long gunsas well. (They don't even have to be residents.)Sidearms are another thing altogether... andI have no qualms 'bout that in any mode of carry. But there's a big difference in the perception of defensive vs offensive weaponry.

This AK clone is mine... but I'll be damned if I'd sling this puppy in public just to make a 'statement' where no such statement is necessary.Grandstanding showoff's do more harm than good.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
This 'rifles' thing ain't a good idea. As for Kenpo... "He who defends all, defends nothing": Sun Tzu

This isn't about anything more than agitation. Somebody must need a lot of attention... but find some other venue to get it. We openly carry guns for a purpose... not to show off. That's been the norm here since before thare was an Arizona. Sorry... this kind'a activism is unneccesary and unwelcome. This is the kind'a stuff that generates 'gun nut' media publicity for the anti's. This kind'a nonsense is counter-productive. 'Carryin' guns might be a novelty to some of you... but for the rest of us, it's just what we 'do'... and have been for a long time w/o intentionally causing alarm. With rights come responsibleity... and responsible actions.

Quite frankly... if you pull this stuff in Maricopa County,. I hope you wind up in a set of pink skivvies.

A right unexcercised is a right lost!

A novelty undefended is a ....well...it's not a .... novel thing!

A right denied anywhere is a right denied everywhere!

....and there is no provision in the Constitution of these United States that responsibility of, for, and by, the individual is a requirement....

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:

A right unexcercised is a right lost!

A novelty undefended is a ....well...it's not a .... novel thing!

A right denied anywhere is a right denied everywhere!

....and there is no provision in the Constitution of these United States that responsibility of, for, and by, the individual is a requirement....

Wrong! Ifyou were to peruse 18USC you'd find certain aspects of criminality in near anything you could think of.

LuvmyXD9

imported post

Thundar wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:

So the carry of long guns should remain a right unexercised?  hmmmmm  what is the motto on OCDO???

You say "Be Reasonable."  Don't like that phrase much. I would argue be lawful.  Reasonable is a mighty slippery slope used by the Brady Bunch to restrict our rights.  We should not use it on each other.

You may be uncomfortable with the concept of Long Gun Open carry now, but after a while it will become part of the background noise, just like handgun open carry is now.

Of course I'm saying be reasonable. The open carry movement is a delicate fight in this country. A stupid move on either side will damage reputation.

The 2A movement has been trying for a LONG time now to show people that pro-gun people are not crazy psychos looking to scare and kill everyone. Like it or not you will SCARE people with long guns.

Since you are exercising your right, why don't you sling a long gun 24/7? It is after all, legal.

GWbiker

imported post

LuvmyXD9 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:

So the carry of long guns should remain a right unexercised?  hmmmmm  what is the motto on OCDO???

You say "Be Reasonable."  Don't like that phrase much. I would argue be lawful.  Reasonable is a mighty slippery slope used by the Brady Bunch to restrict our rights.  We should not use it on each other.

Of course I'm saying be reasonable. The open carry movement is a delicate fight in this country. A stupid move on either side will damage reputation.

The 2A movement has been trying for a LONG time now to show people that pro-gun people are not crazy psychos looking to scare and kill everyone. Like it or not you will SCARE people with long guns.

Since you are exercising your right, why don't you sling a long gun 24/7? It is after all, legal.

Wow, you're 23 years old, a college student and you know ALL about the OC movement in Arizona.

Please try to attend an OPEN CARRY dinner in the PHX area and converse with us before you spout off on long gun OC in Arizona.

Of course I'm assuming you do live in Arizona.

LuvmyXD9

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:
Thundar wrote:
LuvmyXD9 wrote:

Wow, you're 23 years old, a college student and you know ALL about the OC movement in Arizona.

Please try to attend an OPEN CARRY dinner in the PHX area and converse with us before you spout off on long gun OC in Arizona.

Of course I'm assuming you do live in Arizona.

1.) Yes I live in Arizona, that should be painfully obvious by now as I'm in the Arizona subforum.

2.) Yes I go to college. I know a lot of you guys seem to think that's the devil, but if you are not out in the boonies, college is a pretty standard step in the big city.

3.) I believe in open carry, not the needless intimidation of people against our cause, nor do I believe in the stupid bullying of political values rampant in this subforum.

4.) Simply being young does not make you stupid. Conversely, simply being old does not make you wise.

Again, I can barely stand the bullshit that brews in these threads. I believe in this cause because I want all of my fellow Americans to enjoy and understand the right of carrying a gun. Why would anyone want to join your cause if every time they turned around their political affiliation was getting bashed? It makes NO sense.