• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakfast 12/19

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

We make the appointed rounds, no matter what the weather.

Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. Dec 19th, 9:30 AM

Hank's Pit Cooked Barbecue
4810 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Richmond, VA 23234
-77.4423 Get Map & Directions »

(804) 275-8605

Good breakfast, hot coffee & very friendly.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As close to home as that is, I may not have a chance to run into anybody I know before I get there.

Anybody needing bread, milk or TP should remember that Golden Market is just up the road a piece. Stop in and say Hi.

stay safe.

skidmark

kennys

imported post

Have 1911? check, Have snow plow? check, Have GPS? Check? Will try to make it, no guarantees.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Have 1911? check, Have snow plow? check, Have GPS? Check? Will try to make it, no guarantees.
I-95 south to Chippenham exit, right on Jeff Davis, 1/2 mile on left - necessitates U-turn at traffic light. It is across the street from DuPont and Self-storage place.

We'll keep the light on and the coffee hot.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

I probably will not make it. I don't expect to plow but if emergency situations call for it I may volunteer to take hospital workers to work. After I uncover my GSL stickers.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kennys wrote:
I probably will not make it. I don't expect to plow but if emergency situations call for it I may volunteer to take hospital workers to work. After I uncover my GSL stickers.

Too late for volunteering now. Just start uncovering the stickers.

You can plow the church parking lot on the way home after the sun has made slush of the stuff.

BTW - seems Mayor Jones is taking a page out of history. Richmond's plan for snow removal is "May & June".

See you at breakfast.

stay safe.

skidmark

raftgyde

imported post

skidmark wrote:
BTW - seems Mayor Jones is taking a page out of history. Richmond's plan for snow removal is "May & June".
But, he says he has the situation under control!
Shock_by_WoodlandSpirit.gif

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

raftgyde wrote:
skidmark wrote:
But, he says he has the situation under control!
Shock_by_WoodlandSpirit.gif

Sure - for 2 more years. But then, after the calendar runs out? (BTW, I have no idea when his term ends, but hope it is sooner than 2 years from now. Comment is in reference to the termination of the Mayan calendar, thus the End Of The World OMG Eleventy!!ONE!.)

As for all you no-shows -- :p. We had a front-row seat to watch the driving follies. Not even Joey Chitwood back in the day could have pulled off some of the stunts we saw. All that plus great food, even greater coffee, and some conversations that cannot be repeated until the expiration of the statute of limitations. (There is a statute of limitations on some of that stuff, isn't there?)

Next Saturday we will be bringing the swag Santa dropped off, or pictures, for show&tell. As per usual my taxidermist buddy is offering a discount should I need his services on the 26th.:what:

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Since is was a little slow today. we were served a special non-menu, secret breakfast item & each had our own pot of coffee - delicious.

I finally figured out why some natives were driving with their flashers turned on - they are a hazard at 20 mph on slightly wet pavement on Chippenham - one of them managed to drive onto the shoulder and spin out.......without hitting the guard rail.

Was a fun day - been out and about since 8:30 this morning. This aftyernoon, you could thrown a rock safely through Wally World....until you got to one of the three check out lanes open - that took 30 minutes to get through.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I didn't see the Breakfast post but even if I had, I got up at dayloght and got all the snow off my shop roof, dug the truck and LR out, got the snow off of the satellite dish and plugged in the heat tapes on my well and plumbing.

Then I went out and took pictures. We drove to Bass pro and I enjoyed watching the flatlanders drive. If the speed limit is 65, they will go 65. Must have been 50 cars in ditches between me and Bass Pro. They were nearly empty and we finished Christmas shopping.

Then went to River City Diner who still hasn't finished the smoking section, and ate brunch.

I'm not sure why, but my blood sugar dumped while we were there. Went to 47 and I couldn't bring it back up. I went home and have been asleep until a little while ago.

Anybody calls it the Golden years isn't there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I didn't see the Breakfast post but even if I had, I got up at dayloght and got all the snow off my shop roof, dug the truck and LR out, got the snow off of the satellite dish and plugged in the heat tapes on my well and plumbing.

Then I went out and took pictures. We drove to Bass pro and I enjoyed watching the flatlanders drive. If the speed limit is 65, they will go 65. Must have been 50 cars in ditches between me and Bass Pro. They were nearly empty and we finished Christmas shopping.

Then went to River City Diner who still hasn't finished the smoking section, and ate brunch.

I'm not sure why, but my blood sugar dumped while we were there. Went to 47 and I couldn't bring it back up. I went home and have been asleep until a little while ago.

Anybody calls it the Golden years isn't there.
You burned way too many calories/sugar working in the cold w/o replacing them - you know better. :X

They're called Golden Years because of what we put in everybody else's stocking. :)

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Wish I could have been there but I was confined to my truck for about ten hours. The follies I had seen on the way to and from Fredericksburg makes me wish I had a dash cam. Had one small car fly by me doing 55 or so and about 10 minutes later he was standing on the side of the road with his car stuck. I thought about stopping and asking him wheres your sign but I am not feeling well and decided just to wave.