• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huntington Beach OC lunch meet up! 12/19/2009

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Feeling Hungry? Come join usfor lunch this Saturday 12/19/2009 @1main st. Huntington Beach california 92648 @ 12:00pm.We will meet in front of the pierwhere Rubys Diner is located. Family welcome!

1.We will be milesaway from anyGFSZ (gun free school zone).

2. If anybody wants to print some pamphlets out heres the link.
A Pocket review of California Penal Code 7th Revision.doc

3.I havea camera manloaded with videoand photo.

:celebrate LETS GO OCers!:celebrate

12/19/2009

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

wewd

imported post

You should really post these several weeks in advance so that people may make plans to attend. Two days isn't much notice.

demnogis

imported post

This meetup has been planned ahead in a prior thread.

I'll be there. Anyone wanna carpool? Got 1 seat available.

wewd wrote:
You should really post these several weeks in advance so that people may make plans to attend. Two days isn't much notice.

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I posted this meet up weeks ago in another thread (Southern cali, Orange County LA County meet up) Sounds like we have 3 including me.

Lets support! Tony" Fontano and many otherswho been victims of gun violence.74-year-old San Jose man arrested for carrying firearm near school. The law used to arrest Fontano is one of many arbitrary statutes that violate the constitutional right to bear arms.

Mike Hawk

imported post

I'm in! I'll try and bring a few others as well.

P.S., not to hijack or anything, but I can't seem to find clarification on my own on this issue (and it's pertinent to Saturday). Is it legit for my wifeor fatherto UOC a pistol that is registered to me? The only thing in her name so far is a rifle, and despite it still being legal, we feel it just may be best to stick with pistols for UOC events. I thank you all in advance for any help/info.

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wolfeinstein wrote:
After the meal, are we going to walk around? Hope the weather will be kind to us.

After the meal for sure we will walk around the shopping malls, we have to show off, I mean excercise our rights lol.

For the weather we are looking at73F in the highs andin the lows of 50F with partial cloud cover, so bring something warm. Make sure that itdoesnt cover your pistol/magazine cause thenwe will run into trouble.

demnogis

imported post

I started thinking about it last night; here in OC there are signs posted at the beaches prohibiting fireworks, alcoholic beverages and firearms. These signs are in place by county code.

I started searching through the LA County municipal codes here and so far I can only find a prohibition on bringing firearms into county parks. Apparently there is only a discharge prohibition at beaches.

17.12.410 Shooting weapons prohibited.
A person shall not discharge or shoot any firearms, air gun, slingshot or bow and arrow anywhere on a beach. (Ord. 9767 Art. 3 § 34, 1969.)
Also looking through HTB's municipal codes here, I cannot find a firearms possession prohibition for any of their beaches or parks, except where expressly noted for a specific park/rec area.

Looks like we're in the clear, if anyone else was concerned.

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah I tooka tour of Huntington Beach 3 days ago I looked for all signs posted and nothing was posted prohibiting firearms. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Post office in the area and as long as we dont go in we are okay.

demnogis

imported post

Wow, awesome meet! Had a great time. Load checked twice, after that PD didn't take a second notice of the group. A few of us ran out of pamphlets. Very educational day for many passers-by.

+1 to Huntington Beach PD for their efficient and non-invasive load checks. Don't forget to call and leave feedback for Sgt. Reed and the other officers with him.

We need more events like this. :celebrate

Mike Hawk

imported post

That was a lotta fun everyone! Thanks! And the food wasn't bad at Ruby's either. This is definitely worthy of a dancing banana guy! :celebrate

A ECNALG

imported post

An outstanding day. And the (e) check couldn't have gone easier.

Great meeting some more of the Orange County UOC contingent.

Any objections from anyone in the group to my posting the group photo from my camera (unless joseprissais planningto post the photo from his) ?