• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huntington Beach OC lunch meet up! 12/19/2009

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Its not letting me post pictures if someone knows how to do it then be my guest, put everything youhave, let it be heard and seen whatour lil groupacomplished, a day of victory!and nobody in handcuffs. Awsome meet 10 out of 10 for HBPD. Great Idea!Everyone should call the HBPD and thank them for their civilizedmanners. We should all callthem atthe same time, doing thatwillget our voices heardfor sure! how about it same time we met for the meet 12:00pm well 12:30 lol! Lets all call them in between these hours to thank them. Thanks fellow americans and god bless America

demnogis

imported post

We were 12031(e) checked by a group of three officers, Sgt. Reed, Officer Watchowzky (sp?), and one more whose name I did not see. At least one of them asked for a brochure. They e-checked us after we all arrived at Ruby's on the pier. After that they asked how the rest of the public was responding to it and they strolled off down the pier, then we had lunch.

oc4ever wrote:
So who E checked you.? Tell us the story.

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

demnogis wrote:
Wow, awesome meet! Had a great time. Load checked twice, after that PD didn't take a second notice of the group. A few of us ran out of pamphlets. Very educational day for many passers-by.

+1 to Huntington Beach PD for their efficient and non-invasive load checks. Don't forget to call and leave feedback for Sgt. Reed and the other officers with him.

We need more events like this. :celebrate
I called the department in the afternoon to thank them for their professional and civilized manners they really liked that I called.

oc4ever

imported post

joseprissa,

Good that you called the police and told them that you thought they did a good job of not trampling all over your 2A rights. We hear about a lot of bad LEO encounters on this forum, hearing about good ones is important also. This helps dispel the myth that OC'ers are out baiting LEOs for a lawsuit.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

joseprissa wrote:
I called the department in the afternoon to thank them for their professional and civilized manners they really liked that I called.
IMO, it's good to praise them for being on par. However, I would do it mostly to offset the criticism I would include: the trampling of the 4th Amendment and the long-standing Terry standards.

Something like this:

"I just called to express my thanks that the officer(s) checking my weapon under 12031(e) were brief and very polite. However, I'd like to point out that 12031(e) is a violation of the 4th Amendment standards set forth by the US Supreme Court in Terry v Ohio. As a taxpayer I have a vested interest in the city/department not getting dragged into federal court, so I hope we can work together to put an end to these unwarranted searches."

joseprissa

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
joseprissa wrote:
IMO, it's good to praise them for being on par. However, I would do it mostly to offset the criticism I would include: the trampling of the 4th Amendment and the long-standing Terry standards.

Something like this:

"I just called to express my thanks that the officer(s) checking my weapon under 12031(e) were brief and very polite. However, I'd like to point out that 12031(e) is a violation of the 4th Amendment standards set forth by the US Supreme Court in Terry v Ohio. As a taxpayer I have a vested interest in the city/department not getting dragged into federal court, so I hope we can work together to put an end to these unwarranted searches."
Thats True but being that it was my first time OCin with a group and popping the cherry of Huntington beach was victory for us. And as long as the 12031eexists we have no choice but to follow thatlaw. This is not going to be my last OC in this area and the next time theLEO come around I will make that suggestion because I amfor the constitution. AndI am sure the more people thatget out there and excercise their rights the sooner we will breakdown the barrier of the school zones andwarantless searches.