• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hunting question

conservative85

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
conservative85 wrote:
If this is not your land, but still is private property you need permission from the owner of the land. I would get a written letter.

Conservative85, there's no way to get permission to CC on private property you don't own, other than getting a CPL. The owner cannot grant you that abi
(Polite calm voice) Sure there is, Lease/rent, and Maybe with permission by Land Owner.
Until I see a law that specifically states a land owner may not grant permission, for a friend to possess a hand gun OC or CC on his land then I will not relinquish my point of argument. . It's Like the OC argument...there is no law saying you may, there is just no law saying you can't. There is no law saying a Land Owner may grant a person cc permission, there is just no law saying he can't, thou a case can be made for a law in support of this argument, and that is PP.

I'm not trying to play guessing games like some other posters, I have laid it out clear.
I am open to debate with A.G. opinions, Acts, and law references.

It's on the front of the MOC brochure...PP rules over ride all laws on possession (It doesn't say OC or CC) :)

Except there IS A LAW that says Concealed Carry is illegal. http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-227

(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

Those are the exceptions.
That's why I said this before you re posted:

True your right. Therefore he can cc on it if he signs an agreement, but coon has a point he may not be able to cc on his friends land even with written permission.

and this

The only way I would try to argue Coons point is that if P.P. over rules any, and all state laws on possession, then the owner still may be able to grant said permission...I'd wanna be sure before I did it thou.. thanks Coondog.

I have an email off to the MSP, I'm also writing a letter to send to A.G.

wally1120

imported post

This thread has gotten me curious as to the law, Especially when someone mentioned about the Knife laws. A person CAN carry a Knife that is over 3" Blade length? I am really intrested in this one, I am thinking about getting a CRKT Ultima, Probly with a 5.5 - 7" Blade. I think that would be the coolest thing to carry that around strapped around my leg.

CoonDog

imported post

I'd be interested to know more about the history of 750.227. Since this was enacted in 1931, during prohibition, it seems likely that this law was targeted toward bootleggers and/or organized crime (little did we know that by asking the .gov to rid us or organized crime, they would fill that void themselves!).

Also, I note that this was during the Great Depression, so maybe it was targeted toward everyday street crimes, muggings, etc. I imagine our grandparents and great grandparents didn't realize what rights they were giving up and stealing from their grandchildren. What will our grandchildren say about us?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

CoonDog wrote:
I imagine our grandparents and great grandparents didn't realize what rights they were giving up and stealing from their grandchildren. What will our grandchildren say about us?

Exactly.

Hopefully they will be asking us to tell them war stories from the second civil war that resulted in the restoration of the constitution

T Vance

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Hopefully they will be asking us to tell them war stories from the second civil war that resulted in the restoration of the constitution
Hopefully they won't! Personally I would hate to see that day ever have to occur. Not saying it shouldn't if it is necessary, but hopefully it doesn't have to come to that.