• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BIll signed in to law, passengers must be locked in boxes which carry guns

Gordie

imported post

ALL ABOARD!!!! I'm ready for my train ride!:celebrate

normal_Gordie.jpg

Gordie

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Gordie wrote:
ALL ABOARD!!!! I'm ready for my train ride!:celebrate

normal_Gordie.jpg
That made me happy for a minute....
I'm glad to have brightened someones day. You should have seen the kids laugh while the wife was taking the picture.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

You can already legally carry on AMTRAK - in fact according to AMTRAK's posted rules on their web site, carry is not banned even by way of terms of cariage - only putting guns in luggage is banned.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Mike wrote:
You can already legally carry on AMTRAK - in fact according to AMTRAK's posted rules on their web site, carry is not banned even by way of terms of cariage - only putting guns in luggage is banned.
So this law is intended to allow 50 state carry as per transportation of firearms laws? I can see how when traveling you will be going though areas where you can neither OC or CC legally.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
So this law is intended to allow 50 state carry as per transportation of firearms laws? I can see how when traveling you will be going though areas where you can neither OC or CC legally.
No, FOPA stands by itself; this amendment to a larger bill just forces AMTRAK to allow checked guns in baggage.