Thread: Pemit compliance

Post imported post

InConnecticut the permit issued is a carry permit NOT a concealed carry permit, so if I carry concealed I am technically violating the terms of my permit. So I open carry to comply with the terms of my permit.

Post imported post

SigGuy wrote:
    In*Connecticut the permit issued is a carry permit NOT a concealed carry permit, so if I carry concealed I am technically violating the terms of my permit. So I open carry to comply with the terms of my permit.*

How are you violating? It says to carry with no modifiers. There is one city that says you cannot conceal, but the state permit is for carry (any way you want).

Post imported post

SigGuy wrote:
    InConnecticut the permit issued is a carry permit NOT a concealed carry permit, so if I carry concealed I am technically violating the terms of my permit. So I open carry to comply with the terms of my permit.

CT law does not specify lawful and unlawful methods of carry beyond requiring a permit, therefore open carry and concealed carry are lawful for permit holders. Laws exist only to prohibit behaviors. The absence of a prohibition makes a behavior lawful.

Post imported post

http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?...18126&PM=1

[font=""]1. Is there any statute prescribing that firearms must be carried concealed? [/font]
    [font=""]The answer is no. The law does not address this issue. But, with limited exceptions, it is illegal to carry a handgun, whether concealed or openly, without a permit, except in one's home or place of business[/font] [font=""](CGS § 29-35(a)). [/font]

Post imported post

Welcome to the website and to the movement. This has been a topic of great discussion and lawsuits (even Federal ones).

Look at the "Is this legal" document located down a few posts.

Look into www.ccdl.us and join us.