• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pemit compliance

SigGuy

imported post

InConnecticut the permit issued is a carry permit NOT a concealed carry permit, so if I carry concealed I am technically violating the terms of my permit. So I open carry to comply with the terms of my permit.

dwayner79

imported post

SigGuy wrote:
In Connecticut the permit issued is a carry permit NOT a concealed carry permit, so if I carry concealed I am technically violating the terms of my permit. So I open carry to comply with the terms of my permit. 

How are you violating? It says to carry with no modifiers. There is one city that says you cannot conceal, but the state permit is for carry (any way you want).

Hef

imported post

SigGuy wrote:
InConnecticut the permit issued is a carry permit NOT a concealed carry permit, so if I carry concealed I am technically violating the terms of my permit. So I open carry to comply with the terms of my permit.
CT law does not specify lawful and unlawful methods of carry beyond requiring a permit, therefore open carry and concealed carry are lawful for permit holders. Laws exist only to prohibit behaviors. The absence of a prohibition makes a behavior lawful.

Joel

imported post

http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=1838&Q=418126&PM=1

[font="Verdana,Arial,Geneva"][font=""]1. Is there any statute prescribing that firearms must be carried concealed? [/font][/font]
[font="Verdana,Arial,Geneva"][font=""]The answer is no. The law does not address this issue. But, with limited exceptions, it is illegal to carry a handgun, whether concealed or openly, without a permit, except in one's home or place of business[/font][/font][font="Verdana,Arial,Geneva"] [font=""](CGS § 29-35(a)). [/font][/font]

spacer.gif