Thread: NRA leadership opposed the GrassRoots efforts until exposed as opposing the GrassRoots efforts.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

From a personal communication;
    The change in the state park law was proposed by, drafted by, and pushed by GrassRoots. NRA leadership opposed the GrassRoots efforts until exposed as opposing the GrassRoots efforts. Then, the NRA leadership changed their position to "neutral." Yeah, just what I want - a so called "pro gun" organization that remains "neutral" on real pro gun rights legislation.
    Any too big words, or 'hard' thoughts (like Mattel's Barbie on mathematics)?

Banned

Post imported post

We-the-People wrote:
    You know, I had a big long message typed up but it's just not worth the debate.

Suffice it to say, the NRA is, in MY opinion, not representing gun owners, not defending the second amendment, and not worthy of my support. Just last night I sent $100 to the Oregon Firearms Federation. That group actually has a no compromise mindset and fights tooth and nail, SUCESSFULLY in most cases, to prevent further errosion of the second amendment. It also goes to bat for those who are wrongly persecuted for exercising their firearms rights.

The only other thing that I will say is that self defense is not ONLY defense against an individual. It is the defense of your person, your property, your way of life, and your morals. The level of force may be different in each case but it is self defense none the less!

Post imported post

The NRA is the only organization that appears at every firearms related hearing in the Capitol. You are welcome to leave the Island anytime to testify at legislativehearings. As Mr. Hoffman can attest to, legislators are very interested hearing what individuals have to say.

NRA Life Member

GOA Member

JPFO Member
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned

Post imported post

And that's the difference between talk and action. The NRA pays to lobby and talk and the legislator is glad to listen. Citizen activists take action.