• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA leadership opposed the GrassRoots efforts until exposed as opposing the GrassRoots efforts.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

From a personal communication;
The change in the state park law was proposed by, drafted by, and pushed by GrassRoots. NRA leadership opposed the GrassRoots efforts until exposed as opposing the GrassRoots efforts. Then, the NRA leadership changed their position to "neutral." Yeah, just what I want - a so called "pro gun" organization that remains "neutral" on real pro gun rights legislation.
Any too big words, or 'hard' thoughts (like Mattel's Barbie on mathematics)?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
You know, I had a big long message typed up but it's just not worth the debate.

Suffice it to say, the NRA is, in MY opinion, not representing gun owners, not defending the second amendment, and not worthy of my support. Just last night I sent $100 to the Oregon Firearms Federation. That group actually has a no compromise mindset and fights tooth and nail, SUCESSFULLY in most cases, to prevent further errosion of the second amendment. It also goes to bat for those who are wrongly persecuted for exercising their firearms rights.

The only other thing that I will say is that self defense is not ONLY defense against an individual. It is the defense of your person, your property, your way of life, and your morals. The level of force may be different in each case but it is self defense none the less!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The NRA is the only organization that appears at every firearms related hearing in the Capitol. You are welcome to leave the Island anytime to testify at legislativehearings. As Mr. Hoffman can attest to, legislators are very interested hearing what individuals have to say.

NRA Life Member

GOA Member

JPFO Member