• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need gun reviews and comments

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey im looking for gun comments and reviews on my weapons database its still being worked on but if you see we have a gun you got or had write a comment about it. The manuals sections are being uploaded but they wont be complete for a couple more days.

Link at the bottom

also if you have any ideas for weapons to bump up the list to get up let me know.

a finished post has:

name
details
history
specs
videos (take down, cleaning, using, playing LOL)
pics
manuals
etc

http://www.defiancearmory.com/

M

McX

imported post

it seems i have dropped in in the right thread. i am not attempting to highjack, i came seeking knowledge. you guys look qualified. i own a number of 40 hipoints. nice durable, take a beating. but big. i wish to diminish my profile with the sheep whenst i go open carry public option. so i am seeking a decent size pocket rocket. no derringers, maybe something in a .380. i need pics to help me with my choice, and what i should look for. others i have considered and rejected; 9 mm- too cliche, 38 same. what other choices would you recommend? Have i missed an interesting caliber?

CommonMan101

imported post

Hope you don't have any problems with copyrights on that website!

I recognize Glock'stechnical data pagewhen I see it...

I can't link to it directly but if youhit models, gun and then choose the tech data it's obvious. After reading a few of the other guns'infoI think it's safe to assume you copied and pastedthem too. Every pic seems to come from it's maker's websites too. I've spent enough time on Sig's site to recognize their work.

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

It's stuff like this that copyrights were made for. If I spent my money and effort to create these things for my business I'd pursue getting them off your site anddemand you to create your own. Or exact a fee from you, maybe even a punitive thing if you were unco-operative.

Just saying... Lawyers love stuff like this. Easy pickin's when it gets blatently flaunted like this.

gamestalker

imported post

Hi there,

I don't know if I'm in the correct forum for this question.

In consideration of the fact that a 9mm utilizes the same size projectile as the .380 can one shoot a .308 from a 9mm? The same is asked of the 10mm / 40 cal. With a revolver I know you can shoot 38 special from a .357chamber, 44 special/44 mag. and so on. But with the auto loaders I'm thinking not because they head space at the mouth if I'm correct? There are some rifles with a similar cross over like the 6mm / .243

gamestalker

gamestalker

imported post

I really like the Taurus sub compact Millennium Prowhich is available in 9mm, 40 cal., and 45. It will always fire, accurate,and is super easy to take down. As well, they are priced nice, under $500. new and in the mid $300 range or soused. My boys each have one (40 cal.)and they have never failed to fire.Life time transferableunconditional warranty.

gamestalker

Alexcabbie

imported post

Never, never ever EVER fire a cartridge that is NOT approved by the manufacturer for the weapon!!

Besides which, .380 is generally more expenxive and harder to find that 9mm, so why pay more to run the risk of ruining your weapon (or worse)??

gamestalker

imported post

Pay attention to the question. My question wasn't is it economical it was is it a safe and functional practice? As I stated in the initial question, you can safely fire 38 special from a .357 or a 44 special from a 44 mag. and those are intended applications as well. But can a .380 be fired from a 9mm, or 40 cal from a 10mm?

gamesatlker

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gamestalker wrote:
Pay attention to the question. My question wasn't is it economical it was is it a safe and functional practice? As I stated in the initial question, you can safely fire 38 special from a .357 or a 44 special from a 44 mag. and those are intended applications as well. But can a .380 be fired from a 9mm, or 40 cal from a 10mm?

gamesatlker

I can answer the .380/9mm question.

The 9mm "Ruger" round is 9x19. the .380 outo round is 9x17, a slightly shorter casing than the Ruger cartidge. The Makarov 9mm is 9x18 also slightly shorter than the Ruger and slightly longer than the .380.

What this means is that the Ruger 9mm casing will not fit all teh way down in the chamber of a weapon chambered for .380. The .380 will drop too far down into a chamber made for the Ruger 9mm. In fact none of these rounds will fit a gun that is not chambered specificallyfor each round. The bullets may be the same size, but the casings are not.

The .380 is also known as the 9mm Short

Alexcabbie

imported post

gutshot wrote:
gamestalker wrote:

gamesatlker
Yes and no. Even though the 10 and .40 (and the 9mm/.380) are originally semi-auto rounds there are now revolvers made for them. They will interchange just fine in such revolvers. Some semis will also allow this with a simple barrel change. Otherwise, no. As always be careful. Moving up in the power range can be risky. Moving down no worries.
Not only this but also most .380 weapons are simple blowback designs, and a 9mm (even if it would fit) would likely blow the slide all the way off the gun and into the shooter's face. Most 9mm designs (except for HiPoint which is why the big clunky slide) are recoil-operated, and the .380 may not generate enough recoil (even if it would fit)

gamestalker

imported post

Thank you for your informed answer. I am aware of the revolvers with the half moon clips that will accept various different rounds. My primary question was the auto loading pistols. I reload and have been doing so for nearly 30 years and therefore realize the casings on these cartridges of question are the same dimensions with exception to length. It was more of a reloading question than anything else. These auto loading rounds head space at the mouth so my guess would be it wouldn't work well and may not work at all.

gamestalker

gamestalker

imported post

Your right and about the only exception would be if the particular gun was not intended for but will except a barrel change, the ejection port may be smaller than the larger chambered barrel.Examplethe .40 cal top halfmay not work well with the 10mm round without some minor modification to the port. What I'm not certain of iswhere the aound head spaces on the auto loaders. I'm told that not all of these head space at the mouth but at this point all I've come into do H.S. at the mouthsuch as the Glock, Taurus, S&W, Ruger, and so on. Anyinformation on this?

gamestalker

curtm1911

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
gamestalker wrote:

gamesatlker

I can answer the .380/9mm question.

The 9mm "Ruger" round is 9x19. the .380 outo round is 9x17, a slightly shorter casing than the Ruger cartidge. The Makarov 9mm is 9x18 also slightly shorter than the Ruger and slightly longer than the .380.

What this means is that the Ruger 9mm casing will not fit all teh way down in the chamber of a weapon chambered for .380. The .380 will drop too far down into a chamber made for the Ruger 9mm. In fact none of these rounds will fit a gun that is not chambered specificallyfor each round. The bullets may be the same size, but the casings are not.

The .380 is also known as the 9mm Short
It is a 9MM Luger round, not Ruger, although there are rounds made to Ruger Firearms, IE the Ruger .204 for example. The 9MM Luger is also known as the 9MM Parabellum. Makarov 9x18 firearms can also fire 9x17 .380 rounds but the reverse is not true. One other thing, the 9MM Luger case is slightly tapered at the rim end, very slight but it is there.

SnakeDoctor

imported post

I like the Kel-Tec .32 good size and since you'll prob want to empty the clip to stop someone anyways, its a fantastic pocket size piece.

ocgso

imported post

SnakeDoctor wrote:
I like the Kel-Tec .32 good size and since you'll prob want to empty the clip to stop someone anyways, its a fantastic pocket size piece.

I have one and carry it when I cannot carry anything else (especially in the summer).

I bought it for one reason, the weight. I can wear it in the pocket of a athletic shorts around the house and it does not pull my pants down. Great gun.

Get the HPmagazine modifier to ensure you never have rimlock. I also have the 10 shot mag, and that is fantastic.:lol: