• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed WA Semi-Auto Ban Blames Law-Abiding Gun Owners, Says CCRKBA

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Proposed WA Semi-Auto Ban Blames Law-Abiding Gun Owners, Says CCRKBA
Press Release Source: Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms On Thursday December 17, 2009, 3:45 pm EST BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A proposal to ban so-called “assault weapons” in Washington State shifts the blame for recent violent crimes from the perpetrators to every law-abiding gun owner in the state, holding them and their firearms responsible for crimes they did not commit, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.
“This is a proposal by three vehemently anti-gun rights state lawmakers who are exploiting two recent murders in an effort to push a political agenda they have had for several years," said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “One of those slayings, the murder of Seattle Police Officer Timothy Brenton, didn’t even involve the specific kind of firearm they want banned.”
State Senators Adam Kline (D-37[sup]th[/sup] District) and Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D-36[sup]th[/sup] District), and State Rep. Ross Hunter (D-48[sup]th[/sup] District) will sponsor the legislation. They held a press conference this morning to announce their plans. The plan is supported by Washington CeaseFire, a small but radical gun prohibitionist group.
“Tens of thousands of Evergreen State citizens own the kind of semiautomatic sport-utility rifles and shotguns that these Democrat lawmakers want banned,” Gottlieb observed. “Those citizens have committed no crimes. They utilize their rifles for hunting, target shooting and competition, recreational shooting, predator control and even home defense. For Kline, Kohl-Welles and Hunter to demonize them and their firearms smacks of hysteria and social bigotry.
“These are not military firearms,” he continued. “Just because they are deceptively similar in appearance to military firearms is no reason to ban them. That’s like putting someone in prison just because he looks like a criminal.
“Such a ban violates Washington State’s constitutional right to bear arms provision,” Gottlieb noted. “We expect gun owners to express their outrage, not only during the upcoming legislative session, but also at the polls next November.”
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms ( is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.
CT

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

That’s like putting someone in prison just because he looks like a criminal.
Senator Kohl-Welles has all the attributes to be a prostitute so are we gonna arrest her every time she is seen walking down the streets?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

911Boss wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
Senator Kohl-Welles has all the attributes to be a prostitute so are we gonna arrest her every time she is seen walking down the streets?

She may have the equipment, but I am not sure how much of a market there is for a prostitute who brings this to the yard...

kohl-welles1.jpg

Bleechk...
Please tell me that is not a mood stone necklace and earrings. :uhoh:

Yata hey

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Where are their Districts located?
State Senators Adam Kline (D-37[sup]th[/sup] District) Mardrona, Rainer Valley, Rainer Beach
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFInder/results.aspx?District=37

Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D-36[sup]th[/sup] District) Northwest Seattle Waterfront
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Results.aspx?District=36

State Rep. Ross Hunter (D-48[sup]th[/sup] District) Bellevue - Redmond
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Results.aspx?District=48

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Batousaii wrote:
from what i understand, Clemins used a REVOLVER ! -- how the heck does that equate to assault rifles ?
In the eyes of the antis - it went bang, so it must have been an assault rifle....

sirpuma

imported post

Here is what I wrote all three of them with names in the appropriate places.

Dear Senator Kline,

It has come to my attention that you, along with Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles and Sen. Ross Hunter are prepared to introduce a bill to prohibit the sale and possibly the ownership of "assault" rifles and other semi-auto rifles based on two recent killings, one involving the death of a Seattle Police officer. While crime is always a bad thing, responding by making more things illegal is a senseless and useless act. You know as well as everyone else that the two individuals mentioned as reason for this proposal were shot with HANDGUNS, not rifles. Your proposal violates U.S. and Washington State Constitutions and does nothing to curb crime. The perpetrators in both crimes were already prohibited from owning or possessing firearms, yet these laws did not stop the crime. All you will do is make a huge majority of the citizens in Washington criminals.

You should be ashamed of your behavior and beg the forgiveness of the people of Washington for not acting in the interests of the people you were elected to represent. Your actions are those of Communist despots for you are attempting to strip away our freedoms and rights, a little bit at a time. As the great Benjamin Franklin once said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Remember, you work for the people, not rule over them. I urge you to reconsider the path you are taking and help keep Washington a free and noble state.

Sincerely,
----
Celtic Armory

Aryk45XD

imported post

:X:what::banghead::cuss:I can't believe the outright attack through the public's ignorance that is being placed on all of us.
Very nice letter Celtic. I think lot of us need to be a bit more involved in writing letters and publicly question these tyrants.
Can I get a HOO-RAH!?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
After seeing that picture, I don't think anything will be able to turn me on for a few weeks...
Wisconsin's answer to Pelosi? :lol:

Yata hey

Magister

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
from what i understand, Clemins used a REVOLVER ! -- how the heck does that equate to assault rifles ?
But... but... it was a high capacity assault revolver filled with cop-killing, anti-baby flesh-eating hollow point bullets of death and destruction! BAN IT! BAN IT!