• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US Post Offices

UtahJarhead

imported post

As we all know, carrying firearms of ANY kind through the US Post office is illegal, concealed, open, anything. I asked the post office today what the rules were regarding the storage of firearms in vehicles. There was a story a few months back of a post office employee that was prosecuted because his firearm was locked in his vehicle while he was inside the building.

The post office's stance according to the employees I spoke with said there is no parking lot restriction for customers since we can only park on the public portions of the lots. He said locked in the vehicle is just fine as long as it doesn't come into the building with you. Neither I nor him are lawyers, but those are his words as he was told them as part of his employment.

This employee also stated that US Post Offices employees could *NOT* carry in their vehicles, even if it's on the public lot.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
As we all know, carrying firearms of ANY kind through the US Post office is illegal, concealed, open, anything. I asked the post office today what the rules were regarding the storage of firearms in vehicles. There was a story a few months back of a post office employee that was prosecuted because his firearm was locked in his vehicle while he was inside the building.

The post office's stance according to the employees I spoke with said there is no parking lot restriction for customers since we can only park on the public portions of the lots. He said locked in the vehicle is just fine as long as it doesn't come into the building with you. Neither I nor him are lawyers, but those are his words as he was told them as part of his employment.

This employee also stated that US Post Offices employees could *NOT* carry in their vehicles, even if it's on the public lot.
Don't ask , don't tell. how would they know unless you told them.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I'd say that's a question for the employee that was busted. ;) Murphy's Law. Anything that CAN go wrong WILL go wrong.

REX681959

imported post

Just my opinion but if an employer says that you can't keep a firearm locked in your own car then they should be responsible for your safety to & from your home. After all they are basically denying you your right to self defence.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I'd say that's a question for the employee that was busted. ;) Murphy's Law. Anything that CAN go wrong WILL go wrong.

Amen to that.
That's why we need to find Murphy and make him pay for that stupid law. I get hit with it every time.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Don't ask, don't tell. how would they know unless you told them.
He's self-(un)employed and inexperienced at following rules.

One of my pipe-fitter foremen went to work from a hunting camp and the stupid rent-a-cop peered into the foreman's window enough to see the butt of the rifle that had slid from under the seat. It took a lot of string pulling to keep him, the foreman not the rent-a-cop.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Maybe they are, I'm not sure. For sure they can't take that gun onto Post Office property, though. That would mean they'd have to take their truck home to get their firearm, then do their route, then drop it off at home before going back to the P.O. I'd do it, no matter the hassle provided it was legal.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

REX681959 wrote:
Just my opinion but if an employer says that you can't keep a firearm locked in your own car then they should be responsible for your safety to & from your home. After all they are basically denying you your right to self defence.
Yes they are and they should be responsible for your safety or be prepared to anti up a lot of money in the event you need it and don't have it because of their stupid policy.

Best thing is to do what you feel you must and keep you mouth shut.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Don't ask, don't tell. how would they know unless you told them.
He's self-(un)employed and inexperienced at following rules.

One of my pipe-fitter foremen went to work from a hunting camp and the stupid rent-a-cop peered into the foreman's window enough to see the butt of the rifle that had slid from under the seat. It took a lot of string pulling to keep him, the foreman not the rent-a-cop.
Doug is so into following the rules that he feels he must remind us of them all the time, he makes video's so you can follow his rules, too. Why / you ask > he ain't got no brass, people that follow the rules as closely as Doug are wimpy & classified as sheep with out the ability to think for themselves..

OH, Doug:lol: since you enjoy letting people know about your accomplishments, i will let you in on a few of mine,
Full time professional DJ - Self Employed - Small Business owner , been doing it full time for 6 years now.

Before I decided to do my own thing full time, I was employed fulltime at FT Howard Steel, was a card carrying Boilermaker, operating a overhead crane & doing the Music thing on the side for about 8 years prior. so no I am not UN employed. it would be impossible for me to own the toys I do being UNemployed.

Sponsored my own little league team.

I even belonged to the Green Bay area chamber of commerce for about 3 years

was also on the State board of Directors with ABATE of Wisconsin for 3 years, ABATE is a state motorcycle rights organization ( look that up doug ) Was trained in Washington DC , by the AMA ( the American Motorcycle Associattion ) to be a lobbiest.

As an ABATE member I was invited to attend the DC Eagles Christmas party at their clubhouse. The DC Eagles are a OMA member ( Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs of America )

So, to answer an earlier question of yours.. I have ran with the Big Dogs, Partied with the Big Dogs & fought for the rights of the Big Dogs ( what have you done ? ), so you might wanna just stay on the porch, with your 3 wheeled pedal bicyle:lol::lol::lol:

You see Doug , I am not the uneducated, ignorant , trailer trash, all talk no action type ( unlike you ) you make me out to be & I have been ACTIVE in various RIGHTS organizations for Years.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

popcorn.gif

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
you need butter & a big soda with that popcorn ? :)   Gonna see the new movie > Avatar , Sunday  I will have to get the Popcorn , Soda combo too. 

By morning we will have over 24" of snow. Now I can already get to the end of my driveway, but the road is still out of the question. :banghead:

Let me know what you think of the movie.:lol:

Regards

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
you need butter & a big soda with that popcorn ? :) Gonna see the new movie > Avatar , Sunday I will have to get the Popcorn , Soda combo too.

By morning we will have over 24" of snow. Now I can already get to the end of my driveway, but the road is still out of the question. :banghead:

Regards
Last week we got 14 inches here , Blizzard. sucked butt , even with the 8 horse toro , it still sucked the bullet. I will give you a non spoiler update.:)

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
I bought an '87 Ford-NH 3910 40 Hp diesel in anticipation of this winter's snows. After the NOT-blizzard of 2009 I discovered that the ag-tires slid on icy smooth surfaces like the sloped driveway. Yesterday the 120# of tire chains arrived and I cleaned up odds and ends of snow bank remnants from the 2000 cu. ft that I hand shoveled, all the whilst wearing my good ol' Springfield Armory 1911-A1 in its Level II SERPA on a Beltman gun belt over my barn coat. <<--that's on topic.

For G-LOC K34, my curriculum vitae is too long and abstruse for (your) consumption here. Suffice it to say, I retired at 47 y.o. and am facing my first re-election challenge.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ God damn the Obamination.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
I bought an '87 Ford-NH 3910 40 Hp diesel in anticipation of this winter's snows. After the NOT-blizzard of 2009 I discovered that the ag-tires slid on icy smooth surfaces like the sloped driveway. Yesterday the 120# of tire chains arrived and I cleaned up odds and ends of snow bank remnants from the 2000 cu. ft that I hand shoveled, all the whilst wearing my good ol' Springfield Armory 1911-A1 in its Level II SERPA on a Beltman gun belt over my barn coat. <<--that's on topic.

For G-LOC K34, my curriculum vitae is too long and abstruse for (your) consumption here. Suffice it to say, I retired at 47 y.o. and am facing my first re-election challenge.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ God damn the Obamination.
Gee Whiz How did I know ? I called it !! with out even knowing >> wealthy guy from Wash Island, that's thinks he's better than most = go figure:? . re election for what ? any office held on Wash island is a complete joke.