• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Must conceal or be scorned

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Dr. CCW wrote:
I know. I've been there. My dad lives in GA and that seems like a completely different country. SNIP...

Of course it seems like a different country.
IT WAS A DIFFERENT COUNTRY FROM 1860-1865! :cuss::banghead:

Regards:lol:
Yes it was and that is why what is generally referred to as the "Civil War" was not a civil war at all. But try telling that to non-Southerners and they get all bent out of shape. I avoid it when possible.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
No, they had the same ANTI RIGHTS senator for 46 years ... and that tells most of us a lot. He couldn't drive or swim, and did not know CPR either.

Hey, give Ted SOME credit.... he's been sober for four months now!

Now that is funny right there ... I don't care who you are that is funny!

ROTF, LMAO
006-%5BLaughing%5D-%5BEmoticonKing.com%5D.gif

Oh my ... Please lord forgive me for laughing at the dead drunk joke ... and please help the little pigmy people....

Dreamer

imported post

Dr. CCW,

I can sympathize with your situation. I currently live in NC (grew up in WV, and lived in Northern VA for 15 years), so my history is full of living in 2A-friendly states....

My stepdaughters (and new granddaughter) lives in MD. Whe I go to visit them, I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself not to "strap on" every time I leave the house. I have to remember that the majority of the law-abiding citisens here are brain-washed anti-gunners who follow the lead of a corrupt, tyrannical government (anyone want to send some gift cards to the Mayor of Baltimore for Christmas this year?!?) I have to be ever vigilant to "properly stow and unload" every time I cross the border. And I have to be REALLY careful when Im driving on the Beltway that I don't take a wrong turn while I've got something in the car and end up in DC...

I ALWAYS bring at least one gun with me. My wife is a "traveling nurse" and is living in MD for a few months, to technically, we have a "secondary residence" in MD, so I'm covered. But I can't OC or CC in my car even though I have a NC CHP (whic is recognized by over 30 other states!) I can't OC or CC when we're out and about in MD. Visiting MD is like visiting a small dictatorial "banana repubic"...

But you can believe that when I visit friends in VA up here, I stop as SOON as I cross teh border, and arm up...

The funny thing is, when I cross that border, I DO NOT automatically transform into some sort of raving maniac. I DO NOT morph into some psycho racist mass murderer. I DO NOT change into a gang-banger, burgler, stick-up artist, or car jacker. I'm still just me--a law-abiding citizen exercising my rights. Imagine that...

There is NO WAY you are going to change the minds of your friends, neighbors and family if they are anti-2A. They have undergone decades of VERY subtle and pervasive psychological conditioning and are deeply traumatized with regards to firearms. The have essentially been given deeply wounding cases of PTSD by the media and their political leaders. So you need to know that there is NOTHING you can do in a conversation, or even in a few weeks of carrying that will snap them out of their zombie-lie stupor. They are damaged goods, and the only way out of it for them is a LOT of professional help from a properly trained psychologist...

But what you can do is keep exercising your rights. As a US citizen, and a CCW permit holder in your state, you have become one of those "annointed ones" who the STATE has deemed is trustworthy to own and carry. If they get in your face, just stand there with a sweet smile, and using a non threatening gesture, pull out your permit, show it to them, and tell them that the STATE has CERTIFIED you do carry. Say no more...

The Gun Control mentality is based on fear, trauma, and psychological conditioning that is VERY similar to the conditioning that was used inthe Soviet Union to keep the populace in fear of their government. People who have been exposed tom and bought into this line of thought are deeply traumatized, and suffer from a similar mental condition to POW's who have been tortured and brainwashed.

We should pity them. We should love them. We should watch over them. We should stand up to them when they regurgitate lies, not because THEY will be effected by the truth, but so that others they are spewing lies to will then have the opportunity to see how terrible and dangerous their lies are.

But you CAN'T reason with them...

You CAN, however, carry, and with that comes the responsibility of keeping yourself and your loved ones safe from violent criminals.

And THAT--the idea that individuals have PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY--is what these people are really afraid of...

It's sad, really.

But we claim that responsibility when we decide to exercise our 2A rights.

You should be PROUD that you have chosen to get the training, spend the time, and spend the money to become a more RESPONSIBLE citizen.

And if anyone can fault you for volunteering to become a more responsible citizen, and beig ever vigilant and prepared to defend the lives and safety of yourself and your family, then you KNOW they are truly psychotic.

Welcome to the world of OC/CC.

I hope you never have to "clear leather".

But isn't it good to know that if you NEEDED to, you could?...

Dr. CCW

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
You should be PROUD that you have chosen to get the training, spend the time, and spend the money to become a more RESPONSIBLE citizen.

And if anyone can fault you for volunteering to become a more responsible citizen, and beig ever vigilant and prepared to defend the lives and safety of yourself and your family, then you KNOW they are truly psychotic.

Welcome to the world of OC/CC.

I hope you never have to "clear leather".

But isn't it good to know that if you NEEDED to, you could?...

Nice take on the situation. I'm proudthat I have passed throught the filter as a responsible citizen, trusted to carry, especially in this state and this town. The gunshop clerk even said, "wow, unrestricted LTC. You must be someone special. They don't give out a lot of those." I'm proud to be an American and able to exercise my 2A right. Too bad I had to "earn" it.

It feels really good to know that if needed I could have a fighting chance todefend my life.That feelingreally is indescribable to anyone in my inner circle. The score is now in my favor, having a weapon and training. I always did what I could to be prepared for most situations. Before my Class-A LTC, I could not prepare forattack with lethal weaponoutside my home, only inside. The only thing I could do was memorize my escape routes andobserve the behaviorof everyone in my 25 yard radius. Now, I feel prepared to defendand that is comforting.

Dr. CCW

imported post

McX wrote:
When crime comes, they will be unprepared.
Not only are they unprepared, they are too afraid to ID the criminals. Example: recently neighbors called the police when two BG smashed a car window 5 feet in front of our windows (townhouse)and proceeded to take a good 5 minutes to brazenly rifle through the contents and strike up a smoke. They then texted me that they called the cops, so I didn't call. I saw the whole thing from my windows. When the police called the neighbors back, they were too scared to ID the thugs, so they had to let them go. This was unknown to me until I later bumped into the cops outside.They asked if I would ID them if they brought them back. We're not talking escaped convicts, terrorists, gang members, or serial killers.I have no knowledge of that in my neighborhood. This was your average petty criminal heroin junkie. There have been murders, but mostly BG on BG, so they can be armed. Of course, I did my civic duty and ID'd them. Ayear later, I showed up in court as a witness to put them away. I guess there were a string of crimes. I've done that before and am not afraid to do it again. It seems, I am the only one who isn't afraid.My inside the home defence is a Mossberg 500 and a little league bat over the door. Now having a handgun strapped on at all times outsideadds confidence, but is no substitue for common sense. I would never rush out to confront a situation like that. It is strictly for defense. I doubt Ihave a bigtarget on my back, as they tend to go after the sheep, but you never know. I could be mistaken for one of the sheep or retaliated against.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Break-ins, murders, and burglaries right where you live??

Do those people enjoy being a victim their entire lives? Did someone come in a neuter all the husbands to cause this?
I do not understand the victim mentality, I really don't. I wonder if it is an infective mental illness sometimes

Is there a neighborhood-watch program in your area? I think this may be your chance to take the reigns, start a memebrship to the neighborhood watch project, and write rules to make sure everyone becomes proactive. It may be a good time to introduce them to firearms and carrying too.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Dr. CCW wrote:
Meanwhile, here's a quick rundown of the police log since I've been here:

Guy beaten with a shovel during robbery as he stepped out of his car 4 houses away. 

Guy smashed in the face with a brick and robbed while walking down the sidewalk

Corrections officer stabbed to death on the sidewalk at the bar 2 blocks away

Teenage heroin addict jumps my backyard wall and comes at me because "I'm looking at him" on it

Young lady robbed at knife point in her doorway 4 houses in the other direction

Home invasions by guys pretending to be utility workers

3 banks in town, 2 blocks away get robbed at least once a year

Convenient store 2 blocks away gets robbed at least 4 times a year

[/quote]

how did you find out about these specific events??? i would like to try and pull a log like that for my area.

Dr. CCW

imported post

We've got a neighborhood watch, but it is pretty much from behind the curtains with the cordless phone in hand. There is an e-mail and phone list of participating neighbors. We have regular 'community safety meetings" wherehalf the roomyells at the cops for their slow responseand the other halffor locking up their kids. They built a new police sub base here and a drug rehab unit. We have the largest housing project in the state and that's where most of the crime originates from. there are 2 other projects here. I make it sound like "Escape from New York," but it is much safer than most cities and not anywhere near the likes of NYC or Atlanta. The cops do the best they can. We have a drug unit and a teenage task force.

There isthe perception of anoldcode of silence left over from the organized crime days of the 70s and 80s (did you see the movie Mystic River?)that people think still exists and applies to all criminals including the idiot drug usingdirtbag from the projects. Some of those dirtbags still have the delusion of a code of silence. We don't have any crime families running the town anymore. We just have your sesspool coward criminal and your more brazen, but stupid armed robber. No gangs to my knowledge, but the occasional big brother of the emboldened teenage thug and his posse. They don't typically have guns, but they carry knives, needles, and tools (shovels, hammers, bricks andclubs). They hang out on my doorstep and do drugs once in a while or to smoke cigarettes. It makes us all uncomfortable. I can'twait to open the door next time with the M&P strapped on. That is one thing they understand.

Nutczak

imported post

Dr. CCW wrote:
They hang out on my doorstep and do drugs once in a while or to smoke cigarettes. It makes us all uncomfortable.
Uncomfortable???? Thats it? just uncomfortable?

If some criminal little dirtbag flaunted himslef like that anywhere on my property, they would the ones feeling uncomfortable.

I think it is time to take back you property and your rights by any legal means possible. If that does not work, I would explore other options to let the little crimnals know they are not welcome.

scorpio_vette

imported post

McX wrote:
Maybe you need neighborhood Open Carry instead of neighborhood watch. It would probably be more effective.

same here. neighborhood watch signs everywhere, but nobody saw the 2 burglaries that happened to me 2x this year where they cleaned my tools out of the garage. i still don't have my tools back because after the 2nd burglary, the insurance is fighting like crazy. according to them it's impossible to be burglarized 2x. specially in the amount that happened to me.

the other problem is that all the houses on my left are old folks that are to scared to do or say anything, and everybody on my right is a bunch of young/middle aged couples/families that don't leave their house other than to go to work.

i'm seriously thinking about starting to go to the neighborhood watch meetings as of this week, but at the same time, i have absolutely no idea what to do, or where i'm going with this. no idea where to start.

in my opinion, for neighborhood watch to actually be effective, it would have to be like the watch on the army bases barracks that i was at in georgia. 2 man teams walking the premises and they would rotate out every couple hours. somehow i don't see my neighbors doing that.

Dr. CCW

imported post

They have become very bold. Youhave to be careful. They talk back, give you the FU, come back later with more friends to do the same chit, leave trash and glassto piss u off, grafitti the area,smash the street lamps, and have even come at a few neighbors with physical threats. Most are under 20. They go in groups of 2 or more. NEVER act that way alone. Did I mention coward? They have the cops all figured out. They know the response time, unmarked cars, response route, and escape routes very well.

Then there is the next level of thug that graduates from thatpool. The armed robber. Theonly business owner in town who has never gotten robbed has the most cash in his register and carries. Hisshop is a gold mine. Like I said, they understand that he is carrying. That's why I can't wait to open the door open carrying my M&P. If more people did, we would clean up the remaining filth.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

At this point, the only way you're going to improve the situation with the young toughs in your neighborhood is to make them more afraid of you and your neighbors then all of you are of them. That means banding together and making the punk's lives miserable. That also means in order to do this, your neighbors have to drop their thoughts and fears about guns and face reality. The trouble with people like that is that people think they don't live in the real world. But they do.. they're just afraid to admit it. Afraid because they don't wish to drop their more liberal stance. Most punks and young toughs are minorities and that would make them appear to themselves and others that they don't really believe all of the rhetoric they have been spouting.

Reality bites. It's a fact of life. And the sooner they get over that hump, the better for all of you. I guarantee you that if a dozen armed neighbors showed up where these punks like to hang out, they would sing a different tune.

But you may have to get past the idiot police. Years back in Florida, a number of women had been attacked and raped. Local police not only recommended that they arm themselves, but helped with their training and progress towards getting their carry permits. I would bet that if this same scenario were to take place where you live, the police would be telling women not to offer any resistance and to just comply.

This is a basis concept in how one reacts to an assailant. We here in Virginia tend to also think that the BG had better not push his luck. Otherwise he's likely to grow a few extra ventilation orifices.

Nutczak

imported post

Dr. CCW wrote:
They have become very bold. Youhave to be careful. They talk back, give you the FU, come back later with more friends to do the same chit, leave trash and glassto piss u off, grafitti the area,smash the street lamps, and have even come at a few neighbors with physical threats. Most are under 20. They go in groups of 2 or more. NEVER act that way alone. Did I mention coward? They have the cops all figured out. They know the response time, unmarked cars, response route, and escape routes very well.

Then there is the next level of thug that graduates from thatpool. The armed robber. Theonly business owner in town who has never gotten robbed has the most cash in his register and carries. Hisshop is a gold mine. Like I said, they understand that he is carrying. That's why I can't wait to open the door open carrying my M&P. If more people did, we would clean up the remaining filth.

And the million$$$$$$ Question;
Has any one of these dirtbags evermade you fearfulthat they may takeyour life, or cause great bodily harm?
if the answer is yes, Why have you not taken a shot at one of them.
It sounds to me like the primates have taken control of the zoo, and locked the zookeepers in the cages.

Jeepers-kripes on a popsicle stick!! If I was forced to deal with scum like that, I would have most likely dealt with it in a veryviolent way by now.
It is probably a good thing I do not live in that area. I have a very low tolerance level for dirty criminalistic scumbags such as you describe.

I think you need to make a major decision real soon, Do you prefer to be judged by 12, or carried by 6?
It is time to take back what is rightfully yours!

Dr. CCW

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
That means banding together and making the punk's lives miserable. That also means in order to do this, your neighbors have to drop their thoughts and fears about guns and face reality.
Neither of these things will happen. Got a lot of doormats here. Let the police deal with it is the status quo.
Most punks and young toughs are minorities.
Not here. They are all young white males between 14 and 20. The minorities pretty much behave themselves in my town. They are outnumbered.
I guarantee you that if a dozen armed neighbors showed up where these punks like to hang out, they would sing a different tune.
No arguement there. I agree.
But you may have to get past the idiot police.
The police are actually quite smart, involved, and helpful. They just can't be everywhere all the time. They are stretched quite thin.

Dr. CCW

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
And the million$$$$$$ Question;
Has any one of these dirtbags evermade you fearfulthat they may takeyour life, or cause great bodily harm?
Only once. I was unarmed when a 220# angry 17 year old came after me in my condo courtyard after he jumped the brick wall. They used to throw a ball over the wall or climb up there to case the yard and look into the homes. I stared him down when he was up on the wall, he went off on me verbally from atop the wall. I recognized he was not in his right mind and being unarmed and outmatchedI retreated around the corner and into my unit. He jumped down and pursued, but when he turned the corner was met with 5 closed doors.
If the answer is yes, Why have you not taken a shot at one of them.
That was before my LTC. The shotgun was not loaded and not easily accessible. Those failures in preparednesshave since been corrected. To be honest I was so taken by surprise by the boldness of the incident. That was my land he threatened me on.The incident hasnot been repeated on the property. I only wonder if the Castle law applies on condo common area property or if only within my unit. I don't think I would take a shot on the condo common area, but I would slowly retreat into my unit with an open door policy next time.
I think you need to make a major decision real soon, Do you prefer to be judged by 12, or carried by 6?
It is time to take back what is rightfully yours!
I'm well prepared now. It has been a process. First becoming aware. Loading the shotgun and making it accessable. Putting a bat at the front door. Then talking with neighbors and police. Figuring out who the players are. Making careful observations of activity. Training with a handgun. Getting the LTC. Buying handguns. Making it a habit to carry.