• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this poll re repealing Calif. school zone gun carry ban!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://forums.mercurynews.com/poll/should-californians-be-able-to-carry-unloaded-gun-near-a-school

Should Californians be able to carry an unloaded gun near a school?

icon_document.gif
Posted on Thursday, 12/17/2009 - 10:32 p.m. PST —

Yes

79% (187 votes)
No

21% (50 votes)
Total votes: 237

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Mike wrote:
http://forums.mercurynews.com/poll/should-californians-be-able-to-carry-unloaded-gun-near-a-school

Should Californians be able to carry an unloaded gun near a school?

icon_document.gif
Posted on Thursday, 12/17/2009 - 10:32 p.m. PST —

Yes

79% (187 votes)
No

21% (50 votes)
Total votes: 237
Hey Mike,
In my read of your question-- if your results of your poll were made the law then "CALIFORINIANS COULD CARRY AN UNLOADED GUN NEAR ANY SCHOOL IN ANY STATE!

Everyone but UTAH would benefit here....

Just what do you have against UTAH where with a CFP anyone can open/concealed and/or loaded/unloaded carry IN/NEAR ANY UTAH PUBLIC SCHOOL/COLLEGE?

Just ribbing you... keep up the good work!

protias

imported post

Was tempted to say no as I think everyone should be armed (ammo in the gun) and carry where and when they please. I voted yes as I know CA is an OC unloaded only state.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

protias wrote:
I voted yes as I know CA is an OC unloaded only state.
Not in the whole state - only public placesin incorporated areas, and, public laces in unincorporated aras where the county has banned shooting - that's probably less than 505 of the land mass of Calif. - the tricky part is figuring out where you are and what local shooting bans might exist!

simmonsjoe

imported post

Mike wrote:
protias wrote:
Not in the whole state - only public placesin incorporated areas, and, public laces in unincorporated aras where the county has banned shooting - that's probably less than 505 of the land mass of Calif. - the tricky part is figuring out where you are and what local shooting bans might exist!
Anywhere the Black Panthers ever marched, as that was the whole reason CA went to an unloaded carry state was because Black Panthers would carry loaded shotguns at their rallies.

protias

imported post

Mike wrote:
protias wrote:
Ah, that's right. I had forgotten that. Thanks for clearing that up.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Mike wrote:
protias wrote:
Not in the whole state - only public places in incorporated areas, and, public laces in unincorporated aras where the county has banned shooting - that's probably less than 505 of the land mass of Calif. - the tricky part is figuring out where you are and what local shooting bans might exist!
Anywhere the Black Panthers ever marched, as that was the whole reason CA went to an unloaded carry state was because Black Panthers would carry loaded shotguns at their rallies.

Oh yes, the Black Panther Party. An obscure California law allowed them at the time to carry loaded weapons as long as they were visible and pointed at no person. Obviously, not all black people did or do agree with all of the BPP's views but they must be commended for exercising their rights under California state and Federal law. Some of them were unsavory characters which led to violence and their eventual downfall but their original ideology of encouraging members to arm themselves against violence was certainly good, and many did this.