• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anybody going to the waukesha gun show this weekend???

scorpio_vette

imported post

was wondering if anybody from here is going to the gun show this weekend.

the wife and me are heading there tomorrow (saturday) and i just thought that perhaps that would be another way to meet some new people from here.

also..............anybody else find it odd that the gun show does not allow open carry, or is there a reason for it???

i'm actually not open carrying yet, because i'm still working on familiarizing myself with whatever knowledge i need, but i noticed last weekend that there was a sign that said "all guns must be checked here", and then the guy would put a plastic zip tie looking piece through the barrel to prevent it from being used.

can somebody explain that to me???

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
was wondering if anybody from here is going to the gun show this weekend.

the wife and me are heading there tomorrow (saturday) and i just thought that perhaps that would be another way to meet some new people from here.

also..............anybody else find it odd that the gun show does not allow open carry, or is there a reason for it???

i'm actually not open carrying yet, because i'm still working on familiarizing myself with whatever knowledge i need, but i noticed last weekend that there was a sign that said "all guns must be checked here", and then the guy would put a plastic zip tie looking piece through the barrel to prevent it from being used.

can somebody explain that to me???
First, as Doug stated issurance can be an issue, so to get the insurance you have to have no loaded firearms.

Second, In La Crosse, the gun shows are held in Government Buildings, so we cannot OC there anyway.

Third, the ZIP tie is placed on the firearm in such a way as to keep the action either always open, or always closed. Either way, you cannot load it and thus cannot use it.

It would take me about three(3) hours to get there from La Crosse, but I am more than willing to come, if for no other reason thanto help "familiarizing you with whatever knowledgeyou need."

icepik

imported post

Would love to meet some people from this forum there, but alas, some of the family decided to get together tomorrow to celebrate x-mas. The joys of having many homes to go to for the holidays, everyone has to plan it on different days.

Enjoy the show! Hopefully it's one of the better ones. I've been to a few shows already, and a couple have been complete flops...not worth the $5 to get in the door.

scorpio_vette

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
It would take me about three(3) hours to get there from La Crosse, but I am more than willing to come, if for no other reason than to help "familiarizing you with whatever knowledge you need."

no need for that. but we should keep in touch, as i'll probably be out that way with the motorcycle this summer. nice riding up towards the lacrosse area, and i have friends there.

comp45acp

imported post

I just got home from the Waukesha gun show at the Expo Center. I was there for almost 2 hours-carried of course. No issues. A couple people asked me if I wanted to sell the pistol.

Wanted to add that the show was very well attended-almost wall to wall people.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
I just got home from the Waukesha gun show at the Expo Center. I was there for almost 2 hours-carried of course. No issues. A couple people asked me if I wanted to sell the pistol.

Isn't the Expo Center a government building?

comp45acp

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
comp45acp wrote:

Not sure of legal ownership-however if they can have a gunshow there it must be OK to have a loaded gun there also. Myself and others from the Wisconsin Patriots have carried there several times while renting a table. We have been observed by uniformed officers without incident. I saw a couple dealers carrying as well.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:
comp45acp wrote:

Not sure of legal ownership-however if they can have a gunshow there it must be OK to have a loaded gun there also. Myself and others from the Wisconsin Patriots have carried there several times while renting a table. We have been observed by uniformed officers without incident. I saw a couple dealers carrying as well.
Well then, it must be legal.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I would like to, but I fear I would find something I want. I have NO money so to avoid that dilemma I will simply not go.