• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Men charged after gun battle with Toronto police

buster81

imported post

I must have read this wrong. It's not possible right.I mean, you can't have guns in Canada.

If thesecriminals had lego guns, the nosey neighbor would have beenJohnny on the Spot to call the police and prevent this heinous crime.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/12/18/men-charged-after-gun-battle-with-toronto-police.aspx

Men charged after gun battle with Toronto police

By Philippa Croome, National Post[/b]

Two Toronto men allegedly involved in a gun battle with a plainclothes cop this month have been arrested, while police say they are closing in on the third.

“We've got very good leads on number three, we expect a further arrest shortly,” Detective Sergeant Ed Dzingala said today.

The plainclothes officer was conducting a break-and-enter investigation in the Victoria Park Avenue and Finch Avenue East area at 2:30 a.m. on Dec.5 when three men allegedly approached him and suddenly opened fire, despite the officer identifying himself as such.

The officer returned fire, and the three men fled the scene. No one was injured, said Det. Sgt. Dzingala.

On Wednesday, police charged Joshawa Dehond, 22, and Andrew Gardner, 24.

Their charges include attempted murder while using certain firearm, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, and possession of stolen property. The men were not involved in the breaking and entering investigation, said Det. Sgt. Dzingala. The third man will face the same charges as those laid against Mr. Dehond and Mr. Gardner, police said.

“It's the same kind of thing as a bank robbery and somebody gets murdered – they're all part and parcel of it,” Det. Sgt. Dzingala said. “If that person wants to turn himself in.. that would make things easier for him.”

Mr. Dehond and Mr. Gardner appeared in court this morning.

JohnAlexander

imported post

It is legal to have guns in canada once you undergo a huge licensing process. It would be interesting to know what kind of guns they use, which would determine if they were illegal or not.

The firearms act of 1998 sure screwed Canadians over, big time.

buster81

imported post

JohnAlexander wrote:
It is legal to have guns in canada once you undergo a huge licensing process. It would be interesting to know what kind of guns they use, which would determine if they were illegal or not.

The firearms act of 1998 sure screwed Canadians over, big time.
I was being fecetious.

buster81

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
“If that person wants to turn himself in.. that would make things easier for him.”
Now the good officer has let the cat out of the bag. We ought to do that here in this country to reduce crime. Think it'll work here, or is it just a Canadian thing?
It's an empire thing. You do what the police say, or else.