Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 95

Thread: Will I still get my consealed pistol lisence?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    Here is alittle about my week this week:
    I went down to the county building in tacoma and applied for my concealed weapons permit on dec. 15th 09.. it was my birthday. The lady behind the counter gave me a 3 dollar discount because of it. Basically it paid for the lamination for the card. I thought it was cool. I'm 26 years old now. I did state that being 21 with a concealed pistol permit was to young. She agreed with me. I had my son there with me also. Anyway that was alittle about me this week.

    Well I decided to join this forum finally. I have been a long time reader. This is my first post.

    I wanted to share my story about bb guns. Awhile back when I was 15. I got myself into a little trouble also. What happen was this:

    I was with a neighbor of mine and we went out to the woods by our house. He was 16 and had a car. So, I jumped in the car and we went around to the school on the other side of the woods. We parked in the parking lot and my neighbor grabbed his air rifle and I grabbed my air pistol. We walked across the 4 lane road into the woods.

    We were shooting at everything in the woods you name it, it probably got shot that evening. We decided to leave and went out to his car again and he put his rifle away in the trunk. I got in the passenger seat. Well for some reason I can't remember why but he was taking a long ass time to put his air rifle away. I was drinking a coke and it was empty so i still had the car door open at this time. I put the coke on the curb and started shooting at it from the passenger seat sitting down. The coke was maybe two to three feet away.

    Well he asked what i was shooting at and I said my coke can. Then he went back to the trunk and grabbed his air rifle. He laid the air rifle on the roof of the car and started shooting at the coke can. Well, from the 4 lane road someone seen his air rifle and called the police. But they didn't come right away. We didn't know.. So, we shot this can up and we put everything away and we left and we went to a park kinda took a drive around town.

    We were bored. Didn't have anything to do. It was summer time. Well I guess these people that called the cops followed us to the park. When the cops came to the park there were 5 patrol cars with 2 cops in each car. Every one of them got out of there cars and pointed there guns at us and When I got out of the car I noticed there were 2 more patrol cars behind us. With them pointing guns at us.

    They pulled us out of the car and we were in handcuffs for about 2 hours... Then they told us to show up at court at such and such date. I did see one officer play around with my pistol because he couldn't get all the bb's out of it. When I went to court they handed me the same pistol with the bb's still in it with the air cartridge still in it also. They handed me a "LOADED FIREARM" in court according to the way the law is written. I started to chuckle alittle in court. I couldn't believe it. The judge asked if it was my air pistol. I said yes.

    My friend told them I was shooting a coke can at the school in the parking lot. I told him not to say anything to them but his dumb *** did.. Basically long story short I got screwed over and now have 2 misdemeanors on my record that state :

    Possession of a Dangerous Weapon on School Grounds
    Discharging firearm on School Grounds

    With these charges will i still get my permit in the mail? I read that it takes 30 days to get a response...

  2. #2
    Regular Member swatspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    573

    Post imported post

    I did state that being 21 with a concealed pistol permit was to young.
    I think this statement doesn't match many of the members on this board. A lot of us are trying to advocate not having any governmental regulation on any form of carry and at any age. Your parents are the ones who should determine when you should own and carry a firearm. Not the government.

    Just saying...

    But other than that, I don't believe you will be denied your CPL.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    The statement of being 21 is just my personal feeling.... Mostly because of when your 12 thru 24 you dont know who you really are yet. There are to many influences between 12 and 24 that can take you down the wrong road with the law.

  4. #4
    Regular Member swatspyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    573

    Post imported post

    Crypto wrote:
    The statement of being 21 is just my personal feeling.... Mostly because of when your 12 thru 24 you dont know who you really are yet.
    Ditto on my comment. No worries.

    Welcome to the forum!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    I haven't bought a gun yet. But I'm thinking about a Glock 30 for a concealed carry. I'm just not sure where to go to buy one here in puyallup yet.

  6. #6
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    Crypto wrote:
    The statement of being 21 is just my personal feeling.... Mostly because of when your 12 thru 24 you dont know who you really are yet. There are to many influences between 12 and 24 that can take you down the wrong road with the law.
    Just because I don't know who I am yet, doesn't mean I am not growing into the man I will be for the rest of my life and therefore should not be able to protect myself with a handgun. Am I less of a person? Maybe to you, but I still have basic rights. Even then, the state still doesn't let me carry a handgun until I am 21......


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    Poosharker wrote:
    Just because I don't know who I am yet, doesn't mean I am not growing into the man I will be for the rest of my life and therefore should not be able to protect myself with a handgun. Am I less of a person?
    I just think a 21 year old doesn't have the right type of mind set to carry a gun and shouldn't be allowed to. I even think my own age of 26 is to young. I think the law should state you should carry at 32. At this age you know who you are and where your life is at. I was in the military watching 18 year olds kill each other and 21 year olds. Crying that there getting shot at and wont shot back at the enemy. I will probably regret saying that. These guys carried assualt rifles. But that is what I seen. The state of the human mind needs to develop more before carrying is all.

  8. #8
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    Crypto wrote:
    Poosharker wrote:
    I even think my own age of 26 is to young. I think the law should state you should carry at 32. At this age you know who you are and where your life is at.
    I beg to differ. A couple years ago, I attended a sort of UW post graduationish thing for a bunch of older people (at least 25-40ish) because my godfather, who is older than 40 and is still in school. I watched several people come up to the front to talk about where they were going blah blah, etc. MANY of the folks coming up to talk admitted they did not know what they were going to do. I remember one guy said he was just going to move to another country and open up a bookstore.....and his degree I don't recall exactly, but I remember my godfather explaining the degree had nothing to do with selling books.

    To tell you the truth I don't even know if I will live to the age of 32, I already fought death at the age of 17. I might not be correct, but maybe you just haven't been around the right people (yourself included) and maybe it is just the way you were raised. But I have my own body, my family, a girlfriend, people I want to be able to protect, and the best way is with brains and a sidearm.

    There is a reason I have "Trust" tattooed on me....because it means a lot to me.

    Apparently you don't have much of it.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    I was shot at by 4 people downtown puyallup by the fair when I was 17. I was driving my dads car that day and today it still has holes in it. So, I understand that everyone has people to protect and wants to protect themselves. The only reason I am here today. Is because I didn't stay and shoot it out. It is because I left the scene by driving away backwards. Which the engine block stopped most of the bullets.

    I was tee'ed at the intersection behind kfc and the doughnut shop downtown puyallup by 4 gangbangers. They were mexican. I seen the passenger throw his hand out with a silver pistol of somesort. I knew right then to put my car in reverse and throw my seat back and I backed up the one way street all the way down to the next intersection where i turned the wheel to the right and then slammed the wheel to the left and broke a motor mount and stomped on the gas.

    When I was backing up the one way street it had cars to the right and a curb to the left as I was backing up. I probably did about 45 mph backward that night. Anyway...

    I ran every light downtown on meridian st and came up the hill to south hill. I was doing about 80 when I went over the railroad tracks down there. I flew over them heard the car scratch as the shocks compressed. I was trying to get pulled over. But no cops that night were in that area. I had 2 other women in the car that night. One crouched down under the glove box and the other somehow got in the little pocket for your feet in the back seat...

    I found out later the whole reason all that happened is because of the young girl in the back flipped the gangbangers off when they past my dads car. To this day I wish I never picked that girl up.

    I called the cops when I got home and told them the whole situation and you know what they said. Here is a case number call us if anything else happens.. I couldn't believe it that night... They did write up a report and take pictures of my dads totaled car pretty much.. My dad was more pissed off at the fact I ruined his car. I almost got in a fight with him that night about that. I wanted him to do something. Maybe care alittle.... but no he just cared about the damn car..

    So, to answer the above question.. yes it has to do with how I grew up..

    Then to top it off, I had a heart attack at the age of 24. Because of the work environment I was in as a construction worker. I had a bad infection take over my body because of 150 year old dust and dirt and grime and rat droppings... As I was taking out horizontal dampers for a heating system that went up a shaft 50 feet in seattle.

    I have a few more stories from the military but I will save them for another time ...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    Registration date of yesterday, implying that carry age should be raised to 30something... trolling?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  11. #11
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    Registration date of yesterday, implying that carry age should be raised to 30something... trolling?
    i know! in his own mind, he is not old or mature enough to carry a gun! maybe hes trying to tell himslf that this isnt a good idea.

    nobody should take on such responsabily untill they are sure!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Uber troll--can the moderators please delete this entire thread?

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Crypto wrote:
    Poosharker wrote:
    Just because I don't know who I am yet, doesn't mean I am not growing into the man I will be for the rest of my life and therefore should not be able to protect myself with a handgun. Am I less of a person?
    I just think a 21 year old doesn't have the right type of mind set to carry a gun and shouldn't be allowed to. I even think my own age of 26 is to young. I think the law should state you should carry at 32. At this age you know who you are and where your life is at. I was in the military watching 18 year olds kill each other and 21 year olds. Crying that there getting shot at and wont shot back at the enemy. I will probably regret saying that. These guys carried assualt rifles. But that is what I seen. The state of the human mind needs to develop more before carrying is all.
    Yet you can pick a president at 18? Join the military even younger than that with the right circumstances? Get married? ( talk about something that should have an age limit on it) Move out, drive a car, etc.? Your argument don't matter.

    Gang bangers don't count, they are law breakers and age had nothing to do with it.

    Maybe you should wait until you are 60 to get your CPL. Because life keeps changing and you will keep evolving as a person your whole life.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA, ,
    Posts
    886

    Post imported post

    Welcome to the board. A G30 is a great carry piece. I find myself going to my G29SF (same gun in 10mm) alot lately.

    I know plenty of 21 year olds that I would not volunteer to have next to me while armed. Simply because they still ACT like they're 13. However, I do know that many people on this board and that I know personally would be ready at 18 or even younger, and do just as well as, or better than,the average30 year old.

    I do disagree with the statement that a 21 year old should not have the option, simply because I did get my CPL when I was 21, and within a year I had two separate situations where my firearm was *this* close to being drawn under what was about to turn into mugging situations. Had I not had my gun with me, I do not know if I would be here today.

    I'm 26, and just renewed my CPL. Hard to believe it's been 5 years, but I'm glad I'm able to go armed just about everywhere. I feel naked without a firearm.

    I am not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that you're prior transgressions will not have any bearing on your being issued your CPL.

    To the Troll-Patrol: Ease up. Its almost as if every single new person that asks a question must be a troll, huh? Why don't we answer the question, and see if the person wants to stick around and come to an OC meeting, instead of ostracizing them with our "gotta be a troll" comments?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Sorry, G20, but when someone opens with 2 completely unbelievable stories, combined with "No CC until you're 32", what else are we supposed to think?

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Posts
    753

    Post imported post

    By state law, BB guns are NOT firearms.

    RCW 9.41.010 Terms Defined
    (7) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

    They really aren't even "dangerous weapons" according to RCW 9.41.250, but there is an interesting contradiction of those two RCW's in RCW 9.41.280 "Possessing dangerous weapons on school grounds"

    (1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:

    ...
    (e) Any air gun, including any air pistol or air rifle, designed to propel a BB, pellet, or other projectile by the discharge of compressed air, carbon dioxide, or other gas; or...

    (2) Any such person violating subsection (1) of this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1)(a) of this section, the person shall have his or her concealed pistol license, if any revoked for a period of three years. Anyone convicted under this subsection is prohibited from applying for a concealed pistol license for a period of three years. The court shall send notice of the revocation to the department of licensing, and the city, town, or county which issued the license.


    The very law you were convicted of has the answer to your question. If you have a CPL it is revoked for three years. If you don't, you can't apply for three years.


    I couldn't find any seperate RCW about discharge on school grounds as a separate offense, but it may be in another area or a local ordinance.


    I'm gonna call BS on they gave you a "discount" since it was your birthday. There is no provision in the law for any discount and the CPL fee is set by statute.

    Now they may have laminated it for free, but that is a local service they offer that isn't necessary or required. If they charge $3 they are making a good profit, you can get it done at Staple's for $1.

    As to the idea of a different age for carry or license, there are 30, 40, 50 year olds etc. that aren't mature enough or shouldn't be carrying even though they are legal. There are also 16 and 17 year olds I know who are absolutely mature enough and have the skills and training to carry. Age is just a number and the way are system works is by setting an age for certain things.

    Someone may not be mature enough, intelligent enough, or skilled enough to exercise a right but the fact that it is a RIGHT means you don't have to prove yourself. Now if you abuse that right, you may be held responsible and might find it restricted in the future, but it is yours to exercise (or not) until such time as you prove you can't be trusted with it.




  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    911Boss wrote:
    I'm gonna call BS on they gave you a "discount" since it was your birthday. There is no provision in the law for any discount and the CPL fee is set by statute.

    Now they may have laminated it for free, but that is a local service they offer that isn't necessary or required. If they charge $3 they are making a good profit, you can get it done at Staple's for $1.

    Yes, She took off the 3 dollar lamination fee. She was really nice.

    Tawnos wrote:
    kparker wrote:
    Trolling or troll
    No, I am not a troll. What a nice welcome to the board. I would love to come out to a open carry and meet a few of you guys. I will post evidence of my experiences and charges as pictures from the court forms and reports as soon as I can.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Crypto wrote:
    I did state that being 21 with a concealed pistol permit was to young.
    Darnit, I guess I just don't know who I am and I shouldn't be able to protect myself. Bummer, I was enjoying the peace of mind and I really like having protection in the backcountry. I guess I could just hope that I don't happen across one of the many mountain lions and bears in the area.

    Wait, you're not the Constitution of the United States of America! Imposter!

    /making fun of your arbitrarily chosen age of enough-responsibility-to-carry-a-pistol
    _____________

    Just because you weren't responsible enough to handle carry doesn't mean that anyone else isn't. We all come from different places and there are those who learn the responsibility involved in firearm ownership at rather young ages. "Knowing who you are" is just a BS phrase and doesn't relate to the topic at all; we are constantly changing as we age.


    Constitutionally, we should have the right (to choose) to bear arms at 18, it is an outrage that one has to be 21 to get a CPL in WA. It is up to us to decide if we are ready for that responsibility, something I weighed heavily before choosing to never, ever be without my sidearm. Apparently you've realised that you're still not ready? It's hard to decipher what you mean about wanting the carry age to be 32? It's laughable.

    Read the following carefully and slowly:
    War is different than carrying a pistol for self-defense. However, that should have been self-evident so I probably wasted my time typing that.

    You've already ignored the other posters who have had great things to say. I'm sure they would like a response, but again, we're probably wasting our time.

    Have a good day, Mr. Brady. And welcome to OCDO.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    When I stated:
    I did state that being 21 with a concealed pistol permit was to young.
    Its just my own opinion once again. That is all. It is nice to read all your responses about the subject though.

    To all the people that think I will not be a frequent user of the boards. I'm sorry to say that I will be here from now on stating and giving advice. This is a great board. I've learned alot from it in the past. I'm glad it is here. Very informational site.

    kito109654 wrote:
    You've already ignored the other posters who have had great things to say. I'm sure they would like a response, but again, we're probably wasting our time. Have a good day, Mr. Brady. And welcome to OCDO.
    Sorry I stayed up late last night as you can tell from the threads original post time. I just got up. lol I will try and respond to everyone.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    I guess I see an opinion as different than an unsubstantiated opinion. What you have stated is a prejudice (unsubstantiated), not an opinion. An opinion would usually have some sort of resoning behind it. But that's my opinion.

    EDIT: Up late, yes that computes! I'm running on very little myself. Hope you don't mind all of the poking fun and sarcasm.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    kito109654 wrote:
    Hope you don't mind all of the poking fun and sarcasm.
    Its kinda like being a new job. Everyone that has been there awhile is sizing you up. lol

    kparker wrote:
    Sorry, G20, but when someone opens with 2 completely unbelievable stories, combined with "No CC until you're 32", what else are we supposed to think?
    Also, wanted to say to kparker. How can I make up all the details in those stories. They are for sure true stories. I'm sure you could go thru police records for the shooting. Also for my heart attack well that is all medical and for my bb gun story. I have been fighting with that for years. An apartment complex downtown puyallup wouldn't let me rent from them because of it. I'm in the process of sealing it now. I'm scrounging around the house trying to find the seal packet with my charges on it. I wanted to take a picture of the charges and post it.
    I'm still looking. I filed my seal packet about 2 months ago. So, its buried in papers among papers. Went thru one box already. lol

    My wife moves to much crap around... I'm sure all the married guys know that one.. lmao

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    Lot'sof people cry troll rather often. It's kind of paranoid if you ask me, but we do get trolls on a regular basis. Don't take offense to it. A link to a news story, if you could dig one up, would be enough for them.

  23. #23
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    kito109654 wrote:
    Lot'sof people cry troll rather often. It's kind of paranoid if you ask me, but we do get trolls on a regular basis. Don't take offense to it. A link to a news story, if you could dig one up, would be enough for them.
    seattleguns, a couple members there brutally accused me and then banned me when I never even broke a single rule or said ANYTHING close to offensive to anyone...even the admin PMed me with his paranoid @#$%. Look at me now, troll am I?

    Totally goes with why I got pissed at that washington ceasefire press conference. Young person breaks the stereotype about teenagers not listening, and nobody wants to listen. But then again, they were politicians.....




    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington, USA
    Posts
    156

    Post imported post

    Wooooooooot, I found my criminal case records.. Here are the charges:

    1st One: Aiming or Discharging Firearms, Dangerous Weapons.
    2nd one: Possessing Dangerous Weapons on School Facilities
    I want to post of picture of the case records though. I need to find my camera now I'm going to post a pic of my receipt from the county building for my cpl also.

    Might be later tonight when I post it. I think my wife has the camera in her purse lol..

  25. #25
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    Crypto wrote:
    Wooooooooot, I found my criminal case records.. Here are the charges:

    1st One: Aiming or Discharging Firearms, Dangerous Weapons.

    2nd one: Possessing Dangerous Weapons on School Facilities
    Upload scan? Censor out what you want, but leave enough that it is believable to be yours.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •