• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video footage of fight last night

Streetbikerr6

imported post

So me and my friend useph get done with the bars around 3 am and go to adanbertons, a mexican food restaurant open 24/7. This guy starts talking crap to this other guy in a blue shirt for no reason telling him to "stare at your food bitch.. blah blah". The guy talking crap in the white shirt didnt seem drunk but was definitely looking for a fight. He keeps talking crap so I start my video camera. The blue shirt guy gets swung on, blue shirt guy pushes him to the wall and gets some serious shots to his face in on the white shirt guy. I was amused but then it got to the point where it had to be stopped so I jump in but then see a massive amount of blood and screw h.i.v. so I stepped back and useph jumped right in, bear hugged the white shirt guy and basically suplexed him onto the ground twice which was pretty fuking legit. The white shirt guy leaves to his car and I am assuming he is getting a knife or a gun and I don't want to stick around to find out, especially since I have a gun in my car so I bounce the fuk out but the white shirt guy is literally walking up to useph in my truck and thats when useph is telling me to get my gun and to stop the car. At that point I am not an idiot, if I stop my car I am obviously now the aggressor and if a gun is involved I could get sent to jail. We come back later and show all the cops the video and the blue shirt guy, exchange emails and get a good laugh out of it. Met like 5 folsom PD's, good night haha. Discussed open carry with a few of the, none were supportive and I have never OC'ed yet in my life and don't know if I will in folsom. One LEO and I chatted about his AR-15 collection, nice guy. Link to the video below..

Im the guy that sounds calm and collected holding the video camera. My friend is the guy that bear hugs and picks up the white shirt guy. He literally suplexed him into the ground, picked him up and had to do it again haha I couldn't believe it haha. I was too worried about H.I.V. at the time to even get near both of them. I know I handled the situation correctly. This is merely for entertainment and obviously could have turned out bad if the guy had a gun.. bad for him :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2Jxc52RQ4

1245A Defender

imported post

great going keeping your head dude!!!! vidio was great,

you did just right gettin in the truck and leaving! dont listen to to your bud and get your gun out, just drive outa there!! comin back later to make your report was a reasoned move, for the police reporting thing. +100 good job!!

i wonder tho, since you wernt carrrying, what is your age?

chewy352

imported post

Wow good job not getting your gun out when your friend was pushing for it. It sounds like your friend needs some education on CA self defense laws.

As for the LEO swaying you to not UOC in Folsom for what its worth don't let them change your mind. I think of it like this; LEO are out there doing a job just like anyone else and they don't want anything to make it more difficult or dangerous.

Just my opinion and it does not include all LEOs.

Chrisc411

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

you did just right gettin in the truck and leaving! dont listen to to your bud and get your gun out, just drive outa there!! comin back later to make your report was a reasoned move, for the police reporting thing. +100 good job!!

Agreed very good to keep your head like that, bringing a firearm into the mix would have made things worse especially on your end. seems your frined got a little caught up in the moment and thankfully he wasn't carrying nor had one in his possession. Good point to watch out for your owwn personal health with stopping at seeing that blood.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

yah the only reason we came back was because my buddy forgot his keys, and our food. By that time I knew the cops were there because we saw like 3 fly by us on my way home.

Yah I still want to OC, I am just not sure in Folsom. I get pulled over a lottt and get out of a lot of tickets and I don't want to be known as the OC'er and always given a ticket with no leniency haha. But yah thanks everyone for the comments. Was an interesting night for sure.

Edit: oh and I did attempt to give my friend a lecture on CA gun laws. Funny thing he kept telling me he was against guns and they only cause more crime (which is odd since he kept telling me to get out my gun, I think he wanted to scare the dude back into his car)... I then lectured him hard on how logical owning a gun is, especially if that night had turned out into a nightmare. He said "it would be better if no one in the united states owned a gun, no murders" I said "that's a fairytale and look how well it worked when they made drugs illegal". I always thought of him as logical and he came around to my views after a little information.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Sionadi wrote:
Ive OCed in Folsom a few times and never had a problem. I even ran into a few LEOs and they seemed pretty happy that i was OCing :celebrate
where at in folsom if I may ask? There are like nine k-12 schools here.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:

oh I'm 22. Never have OC'ed yet. The LEO suggested I apply for a CCW instead of open carrying.. I just laughed lol.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
I think of it like this; LEO are out there doing a job just like anyone else and they don't want anything to make it more difficult or dangerous.
Yep, because UOCing will pretty much always scare criminals away from you and the cops doing their mandatory optional (e) check, and then dispatch will interrupt their Constitutional violation party, to send them to ACTUAL crimes in progress.

Sionadi

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Sionadi wrote:
Ive OCed in Folsom a few times and never had a problem. I even ran into a few LEOs and they seemed pretty happy that i was OCing :celebrate
I went for a walk along the American River, popped out at Folsom blvd. Got into my truck, locked up my pistol, drove down E. Natoma past the prison, got out when i was in the clear parked and walked down E. Natoma, went up by the lake for a bit, then walked to lunch at a pizzia place by Ralphs and then walked back to my truck.

Just take some time and study google earth, theres guite a few areas that you can carry without being in a GFSZ

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Sionadi wrote:
Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Sionadi wrote:
I went for a walk along the American River, popped out at Folsom blvd. Got into my truck, locked up my pistol, drove down E. Natoma past the prison, got out when i was in the clear parked and walked down E. Natoma, went up by the lake for a bit, then walked to lunch at a pizzia place by Ralphs and then walked back to my truck.

Just take some time and study google earth, theres guite a few areas that you can carry without being in a GFSZ
Yah I have every school mapped already haha, just in case I ever feel the need. Good stuff.

Tomahawk

imported post

You seem to have a cool enough head, but your buddy needs to mature a little. I believe it's a good idea not to stick your hand in someone else's dog fight unless you've got a really good reason.

And the strange contrast between Useph's opinion on guns and his willingness to use one in a fit of anger sounds so very much like the antis I've met at rallies and protests. They get very emotional and they seem to think that because they are prone to losing their temper and using a gun, everyone else must be, too. It comes across to me as a sort of immaturity.

I'm not trying to put him down or anything, I've had a few friends like that, too, especially when I was in the military and college. Idealistic and a little hot-headed.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
You seem to have a cool enough head, but your buddy needs to mature a little. I believe it's a good idea not to stick your hand in someone else's dog fight unless you've got a really good reason.

And the strange contrast between Useph's opinion on guns and his willingness to use one in a fit of anger sounds so very much like the antis I've met at rallies and protests. They get very emotional and they seem to think that because they are prone to losing their temper and using a gun, everyone else must be, too. It comes across to me as a sort of immaturity.

I'm not trying to put him down or anything, I've had a few friends like that, too, especially when I was in the military and college. Idealistic and a little hot-headed.
Yah the only reason I ran up was because the guy was getting his head bashed in bad lol. You are right about that gun mentality. Everyone I speak to that are anti-guns are the types of people who thing if a gun is present then it must be used.. which isnt the truth. It is very immature as you say. It is the cool-tempered people that should own a gun, which is why cool-tempered guys usually make good cops.

Though in his partial defense, he was asking me to get my gun cause the guy was walking up to my car throwing his hands in the air, this was after he walked to his car and he could have grabbed anything from it... so I stepped on the gas when my friend was trying to get out of the car which kept him in the car haha.

Livermoron

imported post

Great job getting out of there in a timely manner and not getting caught up in the heat of the moment. It is far better to exit a situation such as this prior to, and not causing, escalation.

Not sure if Folsom is in a CCW friendly county or not? I think El Dorado County is cool with it?

Best Regards,

Livermoron :cool:

CREWDAD

imported post

Well, actually video quality was horrible, and I don't know if hanging out with Useph in public is such a great idea when he's been drinking either? Ready to use a gun while under the influence?:shock: Not a good combo my friend.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

lol this was on an jailbroken iphone video application. Phone's don't have production quality yet. Useph wasn't drunk, but he did just take down a guy onto the ground to break up a fight and calm him down, and this same guy went to his car to grab something and was walking up to useph, could have easily had a gun. So put yourself in his situation. It is easy to comment on his behavior sitting on a computer when you have no adrenaline in you.

There are the people that let this stuff happen and just watch and there are others that try to stop it for the safety of drunk guys like him. No one will ever sway me in trying to help someone else. They guy was getting his head bashed in, any longer and the guy could have had serious brain damage from that cement wall. He started the fight and got his ass kicked while luckily being rescued from further harm, I bet he won't ever be doing that again.

inbox485

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
So me and my friend useph get done with the bars around 3 am and go to adanbertons, a mexican food restaurant open 24/7. This guy starts talking @#$% to this other guy in a blue shirt for no reason telling him to "stare at your food bitch.. blah blah". The guy talking @#$% in the white shirt didnt seem drunk but was definitely looking for a fight. He keeps talking @#$% so I start my video camera. The blue shirt guy gets swung on, blue shirt guy pushes him to the wall and gets some serious shots to his face in on the white shirt guy. I was amused but then it got to the point where it had to be stopped so I jump in but then see a massive amount of blood and **** h.i.v. so I stepped back and useph jumped right in, bear hugged the white shirt guy and basically suplexed him onto the ground twice which was pretty fuking legit. The white shirt guy leaves to his car and I am assuming he is getting a knife or a gun and I don't want to stick around to find out, especially since I have a gun in my car so I bounce the fuk out but the white shirt guy is literally walking up to useph in my truck and thats when useph is telling me to get my gun and to stop the car. At that point I am not an idiot, if I stop my car I am obviously now the aggressor and if a gun is involved I could get sent to jail. We come back later and show all the cops the video and the blue shirt guy, exchange emails and get a good laugh out of it. Met like 5 folsom PD's, good night haha. Discussed open carry with a few of the, none were supportive and I have never OC'ed yet in my life and don't know if I will in folsom. One LEO and I chatted about his AR-15 collection, nice guy. Link to the video below..

Im the guy that sounds calm and collected holding the video camera. My friend is the guy that bear hugs and picks up the white shirt guy. He literally suplexed him into the ground, picked him up and had to do it again haha I couldn't believe it haha. I was too worried about H.I.V. at the time to even get near both of them. I know I handled the situation correctly. This is merely for entertainment and obviously could have turned out bad if the guy had a gun.. bad for him :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2Jxc52RQ4

I have to admit, I had a good laugh listening to your friend:

1 - blurt out in front of several other people that he wanted to get your gun out of the truck (I think that's what he said)
2 - keep telling you to get your gun out cause your food is back there

I know that isn't really funny, and certainly put you in a position that could have escalated and gotten really ugly really fast.

An old friend of mine got me into a similar situation years back. Six guys with pipe wrenches attacked two guys outside a convenience store. In the split seconds when it started I was debating if I was in a position to help, but before I knew it, a friend of mine that was working at the store called out to me to help and jumped into the middle of it. To say that he was in over his head would be a gross understatement. It started ugly. Then got uglier. Then to say the proverbial fecal matter hit the fan would be an understatement. There was blood splattered on everything within a 20 foot radius of the front entrance to the store (none of it was mine or my friend's - I spend over an hour in latex gloves with bleach and paper towels cleaning the mess), but we had gotten both guys into the store alive (neither of them had been hit with a clean shot from the wrenches, but they both had severe gashes from glancing blows) and I got the distinct honor of holding the door until officers arrived. So with nothing but my sorry rear end between six guys with pipe wrenches and the two guys they wanted to kill I held the door for what felt like an eternity. I had a pocket knife in hand held out of view behind my hip. I don't know if they thought is was something more and didn't want to find out or if they had just read from my body language that I was ready to kill the first person that came close enough, but they all kept a distance of about six feet and just screamed at the two taunting them to come out until a pair of patrol cars pulled up. I've been kicking myself ever since for not trying to get a copy of the security cameras.

inbox485

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
lol this was on an jailbroken iphone video application. Phone's don't have production quality yet. Useph wasn't drunk, but he did just take down a guy onto the ground to break up a fight and calm him down, and this same guy went to his car to grab something and was walking up to useph, could have easily had a gun. So put yourself in his situation. It is easy to comment on his behavior sitting on a computer when you have no adrenaline in you.

There are the people that let this stuff happen and just watch and there are others that try to stop it for the safety of drunk guys like him. No one will ever sway me in trying to help someone else. They guy was getting his head bashed in, any longer and the guy could have had serious brain damage from that cement wall. He started the fight and got his ass kicked while luckily being rescued from further harm, I bet he won't ever be doing that again.
I don't know if this was the first time your friend has experienced a full blown adrenaline dump, but I'm guessing by his behavior that this was a first of this caliber. For anybody who hasn't been there done that and come home with the bloody t-shirt, keep in mind that adrenaline is a drug. It speeds up the mind to sharpen the senses and speed up reaction time, while shutting off higher reasoning. Any decisions regarding escalating or deescalating a situation not made in advance will default to instinctive tendencies for that individual. Some tend toward flight while others fight. But unless the person has given considerable thought to when is good to flee and when is good to stand and fight, the decisions made during an adrenaline dump (especially if it was a new experience for them) will not be of a rational nature.

So yeah, your friend could have toned down the mouth a bit, and wanting to get the gun out was not very rational, but given the circumstances, your friend did a great job of preventing serious bodily harm and you did a great job of deescalating and getting the heck out of there (and getting it on video - shaky as it was, nothing compares to video for a witness who's memory doesn't change as the adrenaline fades).

1245A Defender

imported post

i had to do some rereading, rewatching, and rethinking about these two guys!!

now im really starting to think that since white shirt guy started the whole thing, that blue shirt guy was well within his rights and his responsibility to defend his self against the attack, and he was doing just that!!

allowing the fist fight to play out untill the attacker lost, and he was loosing, then stopping the blue shirt guy, if he started to go beyond justsubduing his attacker, then you wouldnt have hadto get involved.