Thread: Alamogordo County, NM Commissioners consider allowing employees to open carry

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

I like this Commissioner Ronny Rardin fellow already!

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_14029992

SNIP

County workers carrying guns?
    Rardin proposes changes to Otero County's personnel policy to include open carry at work
    Alamogordo Daily News
    By Laura London, Staff Writer
    Posted:12/19/2009 12:00:00 AM MST

Otero County Commission chairman Ronny Rardin is proposing changes to the county's personnel policy that would allow county employees to open carry a weapon to work.

The commission conducted a public hearing about possible amendments during its regular meeting Thursday night, and discussion focused on the part of the policy that says employees cannot bring firearms to work.
    Rardin said the policy currently states employees can be fired if they're found to have a gun in their car if it's parked on county property, which he said is illegal search and seizure and unconstitutional.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

A step in the right direction. The whole too far right and trying to be in the middle of left and right bugs me. The left/right is a false premise of where we want to ideally be.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Dam if that happens I might have to talk the wife into moving there LOL
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

Policy is not 'Law'. These various 'policies' run counter to the NM Constitution. I'm sure that incident with the Alamogordo PD in the theatre woke people up. Dunno what's happened in NM... 'cause 'used to be people were commonly heeled (openly) as a matter of course.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Policy is not 'Law'. These various 'policies' run counter to the NM Constitution. I'm sure that incident with the Alamogordo PD in the theatre woke people up. Dunno what's happened in NM... 'cause 'used to be people were commonly heeled (openly) as a matter of course.
    Probably, too many liberals moving into the state.

McX

Post imported post

good smiling news. dancing monkey

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    A step in the right direction. The whole too far right and trying to be in the middle of left and right bugs me. The left/right is a false premise of where we want to ideally be.
    +1

I find his statements about right/left to be disturbing too. It says more about him than the issue at hand. That kind of talk does not help anything it just politicizes things that don't need to be and distracts from what's important. Looks like a way to fight the freedom - "Ooooh! If the rightys want it then I'm against it!". Instead of discussing it on it's own merit.

Plenty of libs I know have gunsyet they shoot themselves in the foot with the candidates they support. I really don't get that.

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Aye, halfway in between two monumental stupidities cannot possibly equate to anything more than a bastardized mixed breed of those two monumental stupidities; which is even worse than the pure bred because it's harder to identify.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.