• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alamogordo County, NM Commissioners consider allowing employees to open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I like this Commissioner Ronny Rardin fellow already! :cool:

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_14029992

SNIP

County workers carrying guns?
Rardin proposes changes to Otero County's personnel policy to include open carry at work
Alamogordo Daily News
By Laura London, Staff Writer
Posted:12/19/2009 12:00:00 AM MST

Otero County Commission chairman Ronny Rardin is proposing changes to the county's personnel policy that would allow county employees to open carry a weapon to work.

The commission conducted a public hearing about possible amendments during its regular meeting Thursday night, and discussion focused on the part of the policy that says employees cannot bring firearms to work.
Rardin said the policy currently states employees can be fired if they're found to have a gun in their car if it's parked on county property, which he said is illegal search and seizure and unconstitutional.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

A step in the right direction. The whole too far right and trying to be in the middle of left and right bugs me. The left/right is a false premise of where we want to ideally be.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Policy is not 'Law'. These various 'policies' run counter to the NM Constitution. I'm sure that incident with the Alamogordo PD in the theatre woke people up. Dunno what's happened in NM... 'cause 'used to be people were commonly heeled (openly) as a matter of course.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Policy is not 'Law'. These various 'policies' run counter to the NM Constitution. I'm sure that incident with the Alamogordo PD in the theatre woke people up. Dunno what's happened in NM... 'cause 'used to be people were commonly heeled (openly) as a matter of course.
Probably, too many liberals moving into the state.

CommonMan101

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
A step in the right direction. The whole too far right and trying to be in the middle of left and right bugs me. The left/right is a false premise of where we want to ideally be.

+1

I find his statements about right/left to be disturbing too. It says more about him than the issue at hand. That kind of talk does not help anything it just politicizes things that don't need to be and distracts from what's important. Looks like a way to fight the freedom - "Ooooh! If the rightys want it then I'm against it!". Instead of discussing it on it's own merit.

Plenty of libs I know have gunsyet they shoot themselves in the foot with the candidates they support. :banghead: I really don't get that.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Aye, halfway in between two monumental stupidities cannot possibly equate to anything more than a bastardized mixed breed of those two monumental stupidities; which is even worse than the pure bred because it's harder to identify.