Thread: North Kitsap OC Christmas shopping report

Post imported post

Out as normal today, but had to go to a couple of stores that are not on my usual route spent 4 hours in crowed stores with insane parking. Carrying a stainless Rugar Vaquaro (old style) in 45 Long with "ivory" grips - it doesn't get missed much.

Poulsbo Walmart - always very good, and easy carry here. Was stopped by one guy who was very enthusiastic about OC and wanted to talk holsters, specifically looking for a custom shoulder holster. (Hope I see you here at OCDO!).

Poulsbo NAPA - Again a easy OC store.

Best Buy Silverdale - wasn't sure what reaction I would get here as Best Buy Bellevue is on the watch list, and I do not generally frequent Best Buy anyway. Walked in was greeted by the "security" clerk at the door, shopped, was assisted by a nice store employee who never looked twice, made my purchase with 2 clerks at the register who did take an obvious look, and then went about taking my money. No issues at Silverdale Best Buy.
    :celebrate

F.Y.E. Silverdale - Never been here before, and like all good American capitalists they were well and truly focused on making commercial transactions. Interacted with 3 employees without issue. Another easy carry.

Barnes and Noble Kitsap Mall - The mall has a no weapons policy, and is on the Do Not Patronize list, but Barnes and Noble is on the pro guns list so I used their exterior entrance. Only issue was one poor girl entering the store who managed to twist her neck clear around to keep both eyes focused on my gun and completely missed the fact she was walking into a closed door....Oops...:shock: Made sure she was ok, opened the door for her and proceeded to shop without any issues other than a few looks of curiosity. (glad she wasn't injured....would that have counted as an "injury caused by a gun"?????)

Post imported post

Lante wrote:
    (glad she wasn't injured....would that have counted as an "injury caused by a gun"?????)
    Made me laugh at the end. Good story...

Post imported post

Awesome

- Thank you for the good report, always makes my day to hear of positive events.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

I'm not sure about the Best Buy in Bellevue, perhaps it should be taken off the watch list. I've been there many times while OC, spent thousands (literally, bought my TV, PS3 games, movie library, etc there), and have never had a problem.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    I'm not sure about the Best Buy in Bellevue, perhaps it should be taken off the watch list. I've been there many times while OC, spent thousands (literally, bought my TV, PS3 games, movie library, etc there), and have never had a problem.
    Just read a letter in another states forum Best Buy follows laws of the state. I have never had a problem at Best Buy in Bellingham.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

What type of holster do you have for your 45LC? I own several 45LCs and am always looking for good holsters for them.

Post imported post

P.S. Good to have a fellow Vaquero slinger out there. Thats my usual OC carry when weather permits. Is your New or Old model ?

Mine is Old model, Case/Blued, 4 5/8 barrel in .45 Colt

right now i just got a a-typical holster and straight-loop belt, but plan to get a nicer drop-loop this spring.
    Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Didn't know B&N followed State Law. I usually shop there but leave my gun because I assumed they had to follow Mall rules.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I carry at Barnes and Nobles all the time.

The security guy came up to me one time and told me you cant do that in here.

I just calmly stated "Yes I can". He walked away called someone on his "talkie" and has never bothered me again.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I carry at Barnes and Nobles all the time.

The security guy came up to me one time and told me you cant do that in here.

I just calmly stated "Yes I can". He walked away called someone on his "talkie" and has never bothered me again.
    Yeah, but the B&N in Silverdale is now attached to the Silverdale mall. Most I've seen are separate stores. I "assumed" that because this store was attached to a facility that had rules against firearms then they would also have to abide by those rules.

Honestly, most people don't even notice when I'm carrying my weapon because it's black and I generally wear dark clothing.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

To reply to several of the posts...

Nice to know there are some Vaquero fans out there! Mine is old style 4 5/8th barrel. BatousaiiI am in the same boat, just a typical belt holster but am looking at a couple of different ones to upgrade to....I mean it is Christmas and all right???

GSX138 - Generally speaking if a mall store has it's own exterior entrance under most lease agreements it is free to conduct business as it pleases, as long as it meets the minimum requirements of the mall. For instance they can be open longer hours but not fewer hours than the mall. The mall controls the interior mall entrance hours and common areas.

Barnes and Noble follows state laws per the following letter

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:42 PM
    Subject: Barnes & Noble
    Thank you for your email.
    While we are unable to discuss customer situations with an uninvolved
    third part, to answer your question, Barnes & Noble complies with the
    law and, except where prohibited by law, does not prohibit its customers
    from carrying handguns or other firearms in a Barnes & Noble store in
    accordance with the laws of the state in which a store is located.
    Sincerely,
    Mary Ausman
    Supervisor, Customer Retention
    Barnes & Noble, Inc.
    122 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10011
    tel: (800) 422-7717
    fax: (212)352.3660
    mjausman@bn.com
    www.barnesandnobleinc.com

Post imported post

Good to hear you had a problemless day. Well, I guess walking in to a door was that other person's problem, but it sounds like all was well. Thats good especially with the heightened foot traffic everywhere.