• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Kitsap OC Christmas shopping report

Lante

imported post

Out as normal today, but had to go to a couple of stores that are not on my usual route spent 4 hours in crowed stores with insane parking. Carrying a stainless Rugar Vaquaro (old style) in 45 Long with "ivory" grips - it doesn't get missed much.

Poulsbo Walmart - always very good, and easy carry here. Was stopped by one guy who was very enthusiastic about OC and wanted to talk holsters, specifically looking for a custom shoulder holster. (Hope I see you here at OCDO!).

Poulsbo NAPA - Again a easy OC store.

Best Buy Silverdale - wasn't sure what reaction I would get here as Best Buy Bellevue is on the watch list, and I do not generally frequent Best Buy anyway. Walked in was greeted by the "security" clerk at the door, shopped, was assisted by a nice store employee who never looked twice, made my purchase with 2 clerks at the register who did take an obvious look, and then went about taking my money. No issues at Silverdale Best Buy.
:celebrate

F.Y.E. Silverdale - Never been here before, and like all good American capitalists they were well and truly focused on making commercial transactions. Interacted with 3 employees without issue. Another easy carry.

Barnes and Noble Kitsap Mall - The mall has a no weapons policy, and is on the Do Not Patronize list, but Barnes and Noble is on the pro guns list so I used their exterior entrance. Only issue was one poor girl entering the store who managed to twist her neck clear around to keep both eyes focused on my gun and completely missed the fact she was walking into a closed door....Oops...:shock: Made sure she was ok, opened the door for her and proceeded to shop without any issues other than a few looks of curiosity. (glad she wasn't injured....would that have counted as an "injury caused by a gun"?????)

Tawnos

imported post

I'm not sure about the Best Buy in Bellevue, perhaps it should be taken off the watch list. I've been there many times while OC, spent thousands (literally, bought my TV, PS3 games, movie library, etc there), and have never had a problem.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
I'm not sure about the Best Buy in Bellevue, perhaps it should be taken off the watch list. I've been there many times while OC, spent thousands (literally, bought my TV, PS3 games, movie library, etc there), and have never had a problem.
Just read a letter in another states forum Best Buy follows laws of the state. I have never had a problem at Best Buy in Bellingham.

Batousaii

imported post

P.S. Good to have a fellow Vaquero slinger out there. Thats my usual OC carry when weather permits. Is your New or Old model ?

Mine is Old model, Case/Blued, 4 5/8 barrel in .45 Colt

right now i just got a a-typical holster and straight-loop belt, but plan to get a nicer drop-loop this spring.
:cool:Bat

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I carry at Barnes and Nobles all the time.

The security guy came up to me one time and told me you cant do that in here.

I just calmly stated "Yes I can". He walked away called someone on his "talkie" and has never bothered me again.

gsx1138

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I carry at Barnes and Nobles all the time.

The security guy came up to me one time and told me you cant do that in here.

I just calmly stated "Yes I can". He walked away called someone on his "talkie" and has never bothered me again.
Yeah, but the B&N in Silverdale is now attached to the Silverdale mall. Most I've seen are separate stores. I "assumed" that because this store was attached to a facility that had rules against firearms then they would also have to abide by those rules.

Honestly, most people don't even notice when I'm carrying my weapon because it's black and I generally wear dark clothing.

Lante

imported post

To reply to several of the posts...

Nice to know there are some Vaquero fans out there! Mine is old style 4 5/8th barrel. Batousaii I am in the same boat, just a typical belt holster but am looking at a couple of different ones to upgrade to....I mean it is Christmas and all right???

GSX138 - Generally speaking if a mall store has it's own exterior entrance under most lease agreements it is free to conduct business as it pleases, as long as it meets the minimum requirements of the mall. For instance they can be open longer hours but not fewer hours than the mall. The mall controls the interior mall entrance hours and common areas.

Barnes and Noble follows state laws per the following letter

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: Barnes & Noble
Thank you for your email.
While we are unable to discuss customer situations with an uninvolved
third part, to answer your question, Barnes & Noble complies with the
law and, except where prohibited by law, does not prohibit its customers
from carrying handguns or other firearms in a Barnes & Noble store in
accordance with the laws of the state in which a store is located.
Sincerely,
Mary Ausman
Supervisor, Customer Retention
Barnes & Noble, Inc.
122 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
tel: (800) 422-7717
fax: (212)352.3660
mjausman@bn.com
www.barnesandnobleinc.com

Iron_Colonel

imported post

Good to hear you had a problemless day. Well, I guess walking in to a door was that other person's problem, but it sounds like all was well. Thats good especially with the heightened foot traffic everywhere.