• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man kills himself at The Firing Line in Westland?

G

imported post

This is an unconfirmed report posted on the crab-grassroots forum.

I question anything posted on that self-serving website.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

OUCH.png
:)

Ramius

imported post

Tis the season. I volly for a rescue squad/fire dept and suicides always happen more this time of year.(even in my rural area) Also Xmass day is the highest % of heart attacks of any day of the year. Or so I was told during some bs training.

Merry Christmas!

EM87

imported post

Ramius wrote:
Tis the season. I volly for a rescue squad/fire dept and suicides always happen more  this time of year.(even in my rural area)  Also Xmass day is the highest % of heart attacks of any day of the year. Or so I was told during some bs training.

Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the forum, and Merry Christmas to you too!

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Not to belittle the situation but as a mildly comical side note...

when I clicked that link, the MGO post had a Firing Line ad at the top of the page...

sevenplusone

imported post

The same thing happened at Silver Bullet in Wyoming,MI a while back. Lady shot a few magazines worth of target practive before turning the gun on herself. Very sad.

Michigander

imported post

It happens a lot. I remember being at the Scottsdale gun club in 2008 when they told me about how that had happened fairly recently.

wally1120

imported post

This is the reason why I WILL NOT go to a Public shooting range, I belong to a paying club, Everyone knows everyone. I dont trust people that just go to a gun store, And blow there brains out, I may get hit with the Bullet to, And I really like breating to much.

cabman1

imported post

It wouldnt matter paying club or not if you know the person or not it could always happen my uncle shot him self earlier this year and there was no sign that he was gonna do it and he has been out to the club you speak of wally so It could happen anywhere!!!

wally1120

imported post

Most of the Members out at my club apperciate life to much, So I dont see anyone trying to give them self, Or others domers. I just feel a little safer if I am at a private club, I am a little nervious when someone has a gun that I dont really know. Out at the club, Everone knows everyone somehow.

Haman J.T.

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

I would have seen it on the news if it were true.The media wouldn't have let that get through the cracks!

T Vance

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

I would have seen it on the news if it were true.The media wouldn't have let that get through the cracks!
I've though the same thing. But apparently some cops work there, or are close with the place and could have there ways of keeping it quite. Just saying that is a possibility.

Bronson

imported post

I think the solution to these attempted suicides with rented guns is for the ranges to only rent Glocks.If they would follow this simple rule I think the suicide rate with rented guns would drop significantlybecausethe gun renterwould only shoot himself in the leg :p

Bronson

jvanhorn

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

So, why would you think someone would lie, just because it was posted on MGO?