• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I know there is no real reason to post this but...

Scooter

imported post

Congrats! I live in Washtenaw county also, took about the same amount of time to get mine.

Having a CPL sure makes OC alot easier, enjoy!:celebrate

choover

imported post

Thanks, It was weird, I told my brother I could not wait for it to come and had been checking the mail religiously for the last couple weeks and 10 minutes later the mail ran and it was there :p

OCing everywhere starting Monday :cool:

Scooter

imported post

It's funny, I had been waiting about two months to getthe notificationin the mail, so I decided to call the county clerk and get an update. I called and they checked for my name, "We just got it in today, we have not sent out the notification yet but you can come pick it up" So I headed down there right then! That day they had over 400 CPL's come in!:what: They said it was a new record for them!

I went to my car, holstered my gun and have been OCing ever since.

My wife was leary about the whole "OC thing" at first,in fact, she was against it! After careful study she warmed up to it and the first time I was OCing with her and the kids at the store, she didn't even notice! She now fully supports me and it has become as basic as taking my wallet with me when I leave the house, no big deal...as it should be!:cool:

choover

imported post

Our state and the constitution offer us rights, we have to just keep a eye on the police trying to take them away when they disagree with the law in some select cases and try to make their own.

G

imported post

Now you can OC without the needless/hazardous firearm handling that is necessitated by not having a CPL.

And now you can OC in a lot of places that were previously unlawful without a CPL.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Congrats, guys. Now you officially have permission to go to Meijers to buy that gallon of milk while armed. Strange, isn't it, that even if you don't use alcohol, you still need to get permission from the state to go armed in certain places?springerdave.