• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Free Zones Worthless??

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
Ironbar, it's still against federal law, just fyi.
Nope. Go back and read the federal law. If you have a state-issued liscence you are not subject to the GFSZ.
Digging for that would be...challanging (on dial up atm), but if you have a link I'd love to read it. Does it need to be a state issued license for the state that you're in? As in, say, a Utah non-resident ccw being sufficient in CA (obviously not sufficient for state law, but just curious).
If your were to visit TN, with a carry permit from another state that isrecognized by TN, you would be subject to the gunlaws of TN while carrying here. The 1000 ft rule re schools does not apply to permit holders. You may enter a school parking lot to drop or pickup students, but you may not get out while armed orhandle your handgun while in the vehicle. You may not enter a school with a firearm or armed unless authorized by the school to do so.

canadian

imported post

Why is the CDC conducting firearms surveys in the first place? Do these shooters carry swine flu or something?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

canadian wrote:
Why is the CDC conducting firearms surveys in the first place? Do these shooters carry swine flu or something,eh?

I fixed it for you. LOL.

CDC has kept track for a while I wrote an essay and an op ed peice which my local paper won't publish. Using a lot of statistics from thier site. It basicallyblew awaythe whole thousands of kids die by guns myth. I was glad the statistics were there it helped me out a lot.

Since then only a month or so ago, they changed how to access those statistics and it's much harder to get at them now.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
Ironbar, it's still against federal law, just fyi.
Nope. Go back and read the federal law. If you have a state-issued liscence you are not subject to the GFSZ.
Digging for that would be...challanging (on dial up atm), but if you have a link I'd love to read it. Does it need to be a state issued license for the state that you're in? As in, say, a Utah non-resident ccw being sufficient in CA (obviously not sufficient for state law, but just curious).
The Federal government has absolutely NO N - O NO business getting into firearms regulation in any manner, shape or form. PERIOD. "shall not be infringed" means LAY THE EFF OFF. Any concerns the Feds have about our weapons should be dealt with via an attitude adjustment on their part. (I am not gonna hold my breath, but there it is.)
The Federal government may only do what is SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED by the Constitution. And whena thing is SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITEDand they just plow ahead using a tortured interpretation of the "Interstate Commerce Clause" what they are doing is akin to the statutory rapist who says "How was I to know she was only 13? She looked 15 to me!"
Maybe we ought to have the DemonRatz wear GPS monitors on their ankles...

buster81

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
canadian wrote:
Why is the CDC conducting firearms surveys in the first place? Do these shooters carry swine flu or something,eh?

I fixed it for you. LOL.

CDC has kept track for a while I wrote an essay and an op ed peice which my local paper won't publish. Using a lot of statistics from thier site. It basicallyblew awaythe whole thousands of kids die by guns myth. I was glad the statistics were there it helped me out a lot.

Since then only a month or so ago, they changed how to access those statistics and it's much harder to get at them now.
You could always post your essay here. I'm always up for reading good info.

leoffensive

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Strategy

Establishing policies prohibiting the possession of guns in schools and within a set distance of school buildings helps to secure schools from gun-related violence and crime.
They recommend establishing 'no weapons' policies in order to keep the children safe at school. Nice strategy. It doesnt seem to be working out too well, particularly for the victims. These public placesare notlimited access and no one is searched for weapons upon entry, and even if entry was limitedand searches were conducted, there is still no assurance that a criminal couldnt bring a gun into the area anyway. To put up signs that prohibit guns does NOTHING but disarm those who want to defend themselves.

In almost every instance of mass shooting, the incident occured in a gun free zone- an area where weapons are prohibited either by company policy, or State or Federal Statute.

Citations include, but are not limited to;

Fort Hood 2009

13 Dead 30 wounded

Weapons prohibited outside training

Northern Illnois University 2008

5 dead 18 wounded

Weapons Prohibited

Virginia Tech 2007

32 Dead

Weapons Prohibited

Westroads Mall, Omaha 2007

8 Dead

Weapons Prohibited

Columbine High School 1999

12 dead 26 wounded

Federal Gun Free School Zone

there are so many more school shootings that havent been listed. my ex girlfriends brother was one of 2 who were killed at the santana highschool shooting in santee CA where i went to high school just 2 years after.

sadly she is an anti gun person