Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January 3rd , New Years ammo Dump @ Shiocton, WI Range

Post imported post

I am planning a NEW YEARS Get together at the Shiocton Public / Police Range

Sunday, January 3rd 2010

from 10:00 am - Noonish , maybe 1:00 pm .

Bring your Guns , Pistols, Assault Rifles, Shotguns.....

Range fee.. $ 3.00 per person

Directions from Green Bay. Take Hwy 54 to Shiocton, WI , Just across from the little Airport , turn left on PARK AVE , this road will take you past some houses, the enterence to the park is your next left, you can't miss it. then drive through the parking lot ( I will post a Orange sign ) , leading you to the road that takes you around the rear of the park to the range area.

DRESS WARM.

I might bring a Grill , Buns, condiments & Hot dogs for us. HOT FOOD.

If I can't get at least 3 or more people going, I will cancel it.

So far we have .....

Glock34

Thelongone13

Geoff

Bnhcomputing

Mr. Greg

Carcharodon

Sgt_Habz + 3

Protias

Messerschmitt
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

At $3, you are making it hard to say no. I will have to think about this some more. Anything and everything is allowed at the range?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

It better be, I am bringing my M1 carbine, and the few rounds I have left. If anybody else has .30 carbine rounds, we'll use them up fast!

I also have some 9mm fmj that I can feed the glock.

If you guys want a high-power demonstration, we can get some grapefruit or melonsand send weatherby 300 magrounds down range, although it costs almost $5 a round.

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    At $3, you are making it hard to say no. I will have to think about this some more. Anything and everything is allowed at the range?
    Everything is allowed at the range, even legal FULL AUTO if your have it.
    I will be there by 9 am ish to reserve a portion of the range.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'll be there, and I might have the girlfriend along too. Will bring some suppressors as well, for those who haven't had the fun of shooting/being around them.

Post imported post

Mr. Greg wrote:
    I'll be there, and I might have the girlfriend along too. Will bring some suppressors as well, for those who haven't had the fun of shooting/being around them.
    cans are fun.

Post imported post

Awsome! I'm going to try mt damndest to be there, Ive never actually seen a real silencer/supressor used but would like to!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

If I can I will be there.

Post imported post

At this moment I believe I can make it.

Anyone have a heater (not the gun kind) to bring?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

Don't think I'll make this one. Got a party on the 2nd that will for sure be over late, or early on the 3rd...lol

Maybe I'll make it to the next one.

Have fun, and stay warm.

Jason

Post imported post

Working that day.... Next time

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I would love to join you guys, but I am unable to do sodue to the distance and time involved to get that far south.

And this has got me thinking, There is not one single indoor firearmrange anywhere near me that I know of. I can shoot my bow indoors, and even shoot interactie video targets.
    I wonder if I could manage to make a few pennies by opening a range, sell several different types of ammunition, reloading supplies, and all sorts of other firearms equipment at the range. I am thinking itcould be availablefor all calibers of handguns, and .22LR rifles.
    Maybe get some shootingleagues organized, and try to forward the sport up here a little bit better than trying to get people out shooting in the snow & cold we have 6-7months out the year.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

You need to see the legal requirements for a range first.

I haven't looked into WI's law, but saw what my little range in Mt. Pleasant, SC (where Coastal Firearms is now) went through.

The ventilation and lead contamination control were Obaminable. He went out of business.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    I would love to join you guys, but I am unable to do sodue to the distance and time involved to get that far south.

And this has got me thinking, There is not one single indoor firearmrange anywhere near me that I know of. I can shoot my bow indoors, and even shoot interactie video targets.
    I wonder if I could manage to make a few pennies by opening a range, sell several different types of ammunition, reloading supplies, and all sorts of other firearms equipment at the range. I am thinking itcould be availablefor all calibers of handguns, and .22LR rifles.
    Maybe get some shootingleagues organized, and try to forward the sport up here a little bit better than trying to get people out shooting in the snow & cold we have 6-7months out the year.
    we would love to have you, but I know how far away you live, so your excused Yes an indoor range done right would make lots of money. Merry Christmas

Post imported post

The 2 indoor ranges near me do allow all caliber pistols and most riffles (including shotguns). They dont allow AK's because too many people were trying to sneak armor piercing ammo in. Stuff would go through the back stop and cause damage to the wall. The ranges are kinda short though, I think an indoor range that had some decent distance to it would be popular.

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    The 2 indoor ranges near me do allow all caliber pistols and most riffles (including shotguns). They dont allow AK's because too many people were trying to sneak armor piercing ammo in. Stuff would go through the back stop and cause damage to the wall. The ranges are kinda short though, I think an indoor range that had some decent distance to it would be popular.
    I really do not see a need for an indoor range being longer than 40-feet. And this would be pretty useless for anyrifles other than the rimfire eaters.
    I do not mind shooting longguns in the cold at all sincewe have plenty of really nice outdoor rifle, trap & skeetranges around this area. But shooting a handgun with bulky winter gloves on, and losing all yourbrass in the snow is a pain in the arse.

I would have movabletarget holders on cables with clear distance marking, different lighting scenarios for night shooting, moving targets and all sorts of other neat stuff. Maybe even a wax-projectile league? Heck i could do that anywhere, since the used brass modified to fire a 209 primer and no powder.

Too bad lead prices have dropped so much in the last 30 years, that would be another little income. Back When I was a young'n, me and a buddy used to collect lead and sell it to metal recyclers. We would get $25.00 for an automotive battery, and way more for bullets we seived out of the outdoor backstops.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I really do not see a need for an indoor range being longer than 40-feet. And this would be pretty useless for anyrifles other than the rimfire eaters.
    I do not mind shooting longguns in the cold at all sincewe have plenty of really nice outdoor rifle, trap & skeetranges around this area. But shooting a handgun with bulky winter gloves on, and losing all yourbrass in the snow is a pain in the arse.

I would have movabletarget holders on cables with clear distance marking, different lighting scenarios for night shooting, moving targets and all sorts of other neat stuff. Maybe even a wax-projectile league? Heck i could do that anywhere, since the used brass modified to fire a 209 primer and no powder.

Too bad lead prices have dropped so much in the last 30 years, that would be another little income. Back When I was a young'n, me and a buddy used to collect lead and sell it to metal recyclers. We would get $25.00 for an automotive battery, and way more for bullets we seived out of the outdoor backstops.

Is that all they are, I thought they were in yards,?

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:

most stand up gun fights happen at 20 feet or less.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:

How do yousight a riffle at 40 feet?

Banned

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    When I was a kid and an American River Touring Association guide we'd have the client with the lowest cut blouse get down and squint down the river.

When I used to work my college buddy's placer claim on the Merced River we'd just point the riffle-box down stream and worry more about where we got the mud for it.

Or did you mean rifle?

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    When I was a kid and an American River Touring Association guide we'd have the client with the lowest cut blouse get down and squint down the river.

When I used to work my college buddy's placer claim on the Merced River we'd just point the riffle-box down stream and worry more about where we got the mud for it.

Or did you mean rifle?
    Your brand of humor seems to be lost to everyone but yourself Doug.

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:

Why don't you read what I posted earlier one more time where I stated it would be useless for anything bit rimfire rifles. I have it quoted, in red, underlined, and italics in the quote box directly below this sentence.
    ^right here^

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:

Or did you mean rifle?
    Your brand of humor seems to be lost to everyone but yourself Doug.
    LOL, Hear that Dou G !!! , I am not the only one.

Banned

Post imported post

Dumb assizes, it's not humor and neither are your solipsistic solecisms.

Post imported post

Dumb assizes,
    it's not humor and neither are your
    solipsistic solecisms.

Name calling Doug? How adult.

I agree, you are not humorous

solipsistic solecisms?My view of a word blunder is the only one that matters? I suppose that may be true.

Why go that route?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast