• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

January 3rd , New Years ammo Dump @ Shiocton, WI Range

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am planning a NEW YEARS Get together at the Shiocton Public / Police Range

Sunday, January 3rd 2010

from 10:00 am - Noonish , maybe 1:00 pm .

Bring your Guns , Pistols, Assault Rifles, Shotguns.....

Range fee.. $ 3.00 per person

Directions from Green Bay. Take Hwy 54 to Shiocton, WI , Just across from the little Airport , turn left on PARK AVE , this road will take you past some houses, the enterence to the park is your next left, you can't miss it. then drive through the parking lot ( I will post a Orange sign ) , leading you to the road that takes you around the rear of the park to the range area.

DRESS WARM.

I might bring a Grill , Buns, condiments & Hot dogs for us. HOT FOOD.

If I can't get at least 3 or more people going, I will cancel it.

So far we have .....

Glock34

Thelongone13

Geoff

Bnhcomputing

Mr. Greg

Carcharodon

Sgt_Habz + 3

Protias

Messerschmitt

protias

imported post

At $3, you are making it hard to say no. I will have to think about this some more. Anything and everything is allowed at the range?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It better be, I am bringing my M1 carbine, and the few rounds I have left. If anybody else has .30 carbine rounds, we'll use them up fast!

I also have some 9mm fmj that I can feed the glock.

If you guys want a high-power demonstration, we can get some grapefruit or melonsand send weatherby 300 magrounds down range, although it costs almost $5 a round.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
At $3, you are making it hard to say no. I will have to think about this some more. Anything and everything is allowed at the range?
Everything is allowed at the range, even legal FULL AUTO if your have it.
I will be there by 9 am ish to reserve a portion of the range.

icepik

imported post

Don't think I'll make this one. Got a party on the 2nd that will for sure be over late, or early on the 3rd...lol

Maybe I'll make it to the next one.

Have fun, and stay warm.

Jason

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I would love to join you guys, but I am unable to do sodue to the distance and time involved to get that far south.

And this has got me thinking, There is not one single indoor firearmrange anywhere near me that I know of. I can shoot my bow indoors, and even shoot interactie video targets.
I wonder if I could manage to make a few pennies by opening a range, sell several different types of ammunition, reloading supplies, and all sorts of other firearms equipment at the range. I am thinking itcould be availablefor all calibers of handguns, and .22LR rifles.
Maybe get some shootingleagues organized, and try to forward the sport up here a little bit better than trying to get people out shooting in the snow & cold we have 6-7months out the year.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I would love to join you guys, but I am unable to do sodue to the distance and time involved to get that far south.

And this has got me thinking, There is not one single indoor firearmrange anywhere near me that I know of. I can shoot my bow indoors, and even shoot interactie video targets.
I wonder if I could manage to make a few pennies by opening a range, sell several different types of ammunition, reloading supplies, and all sorts of other firearms equipment at the range. I am thinking itcould be availablefor all calibers of handguns, and .22LR rifles.
Maybe get some shootingleagues organized, and try to forward the sport up here a little bit better than trying to get people out shooting in the snow & cold we have 6-7months out the year.
we would love to have you, but I know how far away you live, so your excused:D Yes an indoor range done right would make lots of money. Merry Christmas

bigdaddy1

imported post

The 2 indoor ranges near me do allow all caliber pistols and most riffles (including shotguns). They dont allow AK's because too many people were trying to sneak armor piercing ammo in. Stuff would go through the back stop and cause damage to the wall. The ranges are kinda short though, I think an indoor range that had some decent distance to it would be popular.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
The 2 indoor ranges near me do allow all caliber pistols and most riffles (including shotguns). They dont allow AK's because too many people were trying to sneak armor piercing ammo in. Stuff would go through the back stop and cause damage to the wall. The ranges are kinda short though, I think an indoor range that had some decent distance to it would be popular.

I really do not see a need for an indoor range being longer than 40-feet. And this would be pretty useless for anyrifles other than the rimfire eaters.
I do not mind shooting longguns in the cold at all sincewe have plenty of really nice outdoor rifle, trap & skeetranges around this area. But shooting a handgun with bulky winter gloves on, and losing all yourbrass in the snow is a pain in the arse.

I would have movabletarget holders on cables with clear distance marking, different lighting scenarios for night shooting, moving targets and all sorts of other neat stuff. Maybe even a wax-projectile league? Heck i could do that anywhere, since the used brass modified to fire a 209 primer and no powder.

Too bad lead prices have dropped so much in the last 30 years, that would be another little income. Back When I was a young'n, me and a buddy used to collect lead and sell it to metal recyclers. We would get $25.00 for an automotive battery, and way more for bullets we seived out of the outdoor backstops.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:

I really do not see a need for an indoor range being longer than 40-feet. And this would be pretty useless for anyrifles other than the rimfire eaters.
I do not mind shooting longguns in the cold at all sincewe have plenty of really nice outdoor rifle, trap & skeetranges around this area. But shooting a handgun with bulky winter gloves on, and losing all yourbrass in the snow is a pain in the arse.

I would have movabletarget holders on cables with clear distance marking, different lighting scenarios for night shooting, moving targets and all sorts of other neat stuff. Maybe even a wax-projectile league? Heck i could do that anywhere, since the used brass modified to fire a 209 primer and no powder.

Too bad lead prices have dropped so much in the last 30 years, that would be another little income. Back When I was a young'n, me and a buddy used to collect lead and sell it to metal recyclers. We would get $25.00 for an automotive battery, and way more for bullets we seived out of the outdoor backstops.
Is that all they are, I thought they were in yards,?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:

most stand up gun fights happen at 20 feet or less.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:

most stand up gun fights happen at 20 feet or less.
How do yousight a riffle at 40 feet?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
How do yousight a riffle at 40 feet?
When I was a kid and an American River Touring Association guide we'd have the client with the lowest cut blouse get down and squint down the river.

When I used to work my college buddy's placer claim on the Merced River we'd just point the riffle-box down stream and worry more about where we got the mud for it.

Or did you mean rifle?