• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

January 3rd , New Years ammo Dump @ Shiocton, WI Range

protias

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
protias wrote:
I don't think I'll be able to go as my job situation is up in the air at the moment. I'm trying to save my pennies before I get laid off.
very sorry to hear about that, sucks. we will waste some ammo for you.:)
I told you before, you are only wasting ammo if you don't hit the target. ;)
lol, or if the target don't move:uhoh:
Targets don't move if you hit them. :p

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
protias wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
protias wrote:
I don't think I'll be able to go as my job situation is up in the air at the moment. I'm trying to save my pennies before I get laid off.
very sorry to hear about that, sucks. we will waste some ammo for you.:)
I told you before, you are only wasting ammo if you don't hit the target. ;)
lol, or if the target don't move:uhoh:
Targets don't move if you hit them. :p
sure they do, they fall down, lol:lol:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Messerschmitt wrote:
Still on for the the 3rd? Im new to this forum and a somewhat recent fan of the Shiocton range. Wouldnt mind wasting some shells with you guys. Name the time.
Messerschmitt:

WELCOME to the forum! This should be a lot of fun, and it is always good to meet fellow OC supporter.

The OP mentioned 11:00AM - 1:00PM or so.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Messerschmitt wrote:
Still on for the the 3rd? Im new to this forum and a somewhat recent fan of the Shiocton range. Wouldnt mind wasting some shells with you guys. Name the time.
Messerschmitt:

WELCOME to the forum! This should be a lot of fun, and it is always good to meet fellow OC supporter.

The OP mentioned 11:00AM - 1:00PM or so.
yes, welcome !!! it's still on...just read the original post on page 1.

protias

imported post

I will definitely not be able to go. I'll be unemployed on January 15. :(

gbu28

imported post

protias wrote:
I will definitely not be able to go.  I'll be unemployed on January 15. :(

Ah, that really bites. I've been there myself, right after the holidays too.

Is it permanent, or a temp layoff?

protias

imported post

gbu28 wrote:
protias wrote:

Permanent as of right now. They said they'll try to do all my work without me for 4-6 weeks. If they can't they may call me back, but as of right now, I'm not counting on it. I don't really want to work here either. Too much garbage in the management and they don't see the dead weight here.

gbu28

imported post

protias wrote:
gbu28 wrote:
protias wrote:
I will definitely not be able to go.  I'll be unemployed on January 15. :(

Permanent as of right now.  They said they'll try to do all my work without me for 4-6 weeks.  If they can't they may call me back, but as of right now, I'm not counting on it.  I don't really want to work here either.  Too much garbage in the management and they don't see the dead weight here.

I have no doubt you'll be the stronger for it for sure. But I had a flashback of being laid off. For me, the worst feeling in the world to not have a job. But that's not meant to get you down or anything. You'll carry on, I'm sure. Good luck :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gbu28 wrote:
protias wrote:
gbu28 wrote:
protias wrote:

Permanent as of right now. They said they'll try to do all my work without me for 4-6 weeks. If they can't they may call me back, but as of right now, I'm not counting on it. I don't really want to work here either. Too much garbage in the management and they don't see the dead weight here.

I have no doubt you'll be the stronger for it for sure. But I had a flashback of being laid off. For me, the worst feeling in the world to not have a job. But that's not meant to get you down or anything. You'll carry on, I'm sure. Good luck :)
I am really sorry to hear this !! I was in your shoes 6 years ago, I went to work on a monday morning, their was a big meeting , the 3 rd shift was told to hang out, so they could speak with both shifts, we were all told that in 30 days we would all be out of a job. They had sold the company to a competitor.:cry: That sucked. But with the sizable severance package & 6 months of full unemployment I took a long vacation...then took the DJ thang full time.:) I want to tell you it will get better, but I won't...dammm economy

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

protias wrote:

It is unfortunate that you will now be in the same boat as me. I got the news on November 3, 2009.

Still looking.....

I plan on making the trip anyway, because this will be a chance to have another face-to-face.

protias

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
protias wrote:

It is unfortunate that you will now be in the same boat as me. I got the news on November 3, 2009.

Still looking.....

I plan on making the trip anyway, because this will be a chance to have another face-to-face.
I unfortunately will have no savings after I pay for my car license renewal, insurance, school, and books. I would love to go and show off my PS90.

thelongone13

imported post

I probably won't make it. My grandmother passed on today. Packing Heat for the Hungry is still on for sure, but Sunday, I will probably be at a funeral. Damn, dude, this year has sucked for me AND my wife.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
I probably won't make it. My grandmother passed on today. Packing Heat for the Hungry is still on for sure, but Sunday, I will probably be at a funeral. Damn, dude, this year has sucked for me AND my wife.
my condolences, very sorry about your Grandmother.

Carcharodon

imported post

could someone give me directions coming from Appleton? Thanks! Ok I just looked at Shiocton in google maps and found it. Some guys at work had given me directions but they made it sound pretty hard to find(like turn left by the big tractor next to a barn lol)

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

No address that I can see.

Take the first right after Dick & Jeanni's Restaurant, that's Park Ave.

Past Cynthia Lane on the right and Martin Street on the right, take the next right, Lake Park Street (or Park View Street) that's a loop. Take the right hand branch (almost straight). In 0.16 miles the 'street' will turn to the left, go straight on the dirt road. In about 4/10 mile, including a left and a gentle right and another left, you should come to what is a parking lot for a pistol range.

All this is done with a map and a satellite photo so be skeptical.