• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

detained in a TN State Park for 2.5 hours nearly arrested because cops don't know definition pistol

Ironbar

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Actually, we have a God given right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment recognizes the right. The Tennessee Constitution doesn't and saysmy God givenright may be regulated by the Legislature. Basically the Legislature took away my God given right and granted me a limited privilege in its place.
It'sa shame God didn't give you any brains to go along with your right to carry arms.

slowfiveoh

imported post

You guys still don't get it. For all of your "vast intellect" (claimed by hawkflyer), you sure aren't firing on all cylinders. Let me elaborate as to why your, and other commentary, is flat out disgusting hypocrisy in action:

For USAF:

YES, you can run up to a group of black people and yell the N word. That is YOUR RIGHT, and a EXERCISING OF YOUR 1st Amendment! What you, and Barrack Obama can't seem to grasp is it is NOT illegal for you to do so! It is the RESPONSE YOU PROVOKE that is illegal! It's called "responsibility of action". Same goes with yelling "fire" in a movie theater. You may exercise your right to free speech however you want. Don't even try to say the action itself is illegal, because you would be WRONG. It is the response it provokes in both cases, that is illegal!

If you want to draw a parrallel, simply having a mouth without a muzzle on it, is quite like our right to keep and bear arms. Unlawful discharge, could be likened to yelling fire in a movie theater. Society will state you have consequences to pay, and in either case none of your rights were infringed upon.

Have any of you taken college courses, and if so, why are you incapable of using the "critical thinking" process?

A large portion of you can't even quantify your own argument. You are substantiating the argument of the antis, and if you can't see that,I recommend for all your self purported "wisdom" and "advanced reasoning skills", that you grab a cuppa joe, and literally sit and think about this.

You can sit here and argue what is "ok" or the "right thing to do" until you are blue in the face. This guy didn't do anything wrong yet, and regardless of his motives, you are condemning him for activities the majority of you do every other day.

Here. I have sent the following email to the Brady Foundation:

"To Whom It May Concern,

Recently, members of the Open Carry community, on a variety of forums, have begun a full out assault on an individual who opted to practice what they have claimed on a number of threads, is a simple exercise of our rightsas granted via the 2nd Amendment of the US Consitution.

The purpose for this assault on this individuals character, who was actually operating full-well within his rights, is based on several factors, which may interest you.

It is my understanding that many of your colleagues have a desire to remove what they classify as "assault weapons", and have asserted that these weapons are indeed "dangerous" for public possession, and therefore should not be granted any kind of immunity via the 2nd Amendment.

The debates that have occured between you, and the Pro-Gun community, regarding these weapons, have included lots of commentary from the "Pro Gun" proponents wherein they describe the weapons as "Normal", or "Just as able to inflict damage as a normal handgun".

What you see from the "Pro Open Carry" community, is interesting though. When this man who walked through Radnor Park with an AK47 Pistol was detained, he was ultimately released because he was found to be violating no laws. However, let's take a look at commentary from some of the most staunch supporters of Open Carry rights, and the 2nd Amendment:

Mike Stollenwerk (Co-Founder of OpenCarry.org):
**“Many people in the open carry community are not very happy with this fellow's apparent stunt to carry a ‘handgun’ that looked like a long gun slung over his shoulder, and capped with an orange tip to make it disguised as a toy — no wonder the police took an interest and investigated the guy. Had they seen a person wearing a normal handgun in a proper holster on a walk, they probably would have just said ‘hello.’”**

The following was clipped directly from opencarry.org:

**John Pierce is a co-founder of OpenCarry.org, a group that seeks to normalize the open carry of "properly holstered handguns" as people go about their lives.

"On a fundamental level, I don't think he did anything wrong," Pierce said of Embody, "but politically that might not be best thing to do and it's not something we're advocating for."

Pierce said wearing camouflage also perpetuates an unhelpful stereotype.

Pierce said he lived in Bristol, Va., for years, right on Tennessee border. He said he has openly carried a holstered, normal-sized handgun in Tennessee numerous times and never had anyone complain about it.**

What is interesting to note, is this:

Apparently, even in the firearms community, amongst individuals who are very adept with firearms and ballistics, the AK47 is cause for alarm, as clearly indicated above.

Apparently, wearing and using camouflage, even in the firearms community, in conjunction with firearms, is cause for alarm.

Apparently, and most interestingly , firearms proponents for open carry, are lobbying only for "Holstered, normal-sized handguns".

Previously, it was believed that these individuals would fight for the "rights" of people to carry any firearm they wished, so long as it complied with local, state, and federal law. This is apparently NOT the case, as you can plainly see now, with a quick perusing of the majority of open carry or firearms forums.

A large portion of those there, who professed to be supporters of open carry, are stating that carying an AK47 pistol in a rural state park, is not a wise (or normal?) thing to do, irregardless of its legality.

Respectfully,

My Name Here"

Keep up the hypocrisy, hypocrites! I will update the anti-gun proponents and eliminate the legwork for them!

"Right thing to do". WOW, some of you are seriously devoid of any critical thinking skills.

Cheers!

WCrawford

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
You just do not get what a LOT of people are trying to tell you. You do live in America. But America is a lot more than a line on a map, or a body of laws. It is a society with a culture and expectations of behavior for its citizens, and how they interact with one another. It is about more than just YOUR rights, because we ALL have rights. Just as I have the right NOT to support every extremist nut case that comes along.
These are the words of the looters and the moochers they feed. Which are you?

RussP

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
You guys still don't get it. ...
"Right thing to do". WOW, some of you are seriously devoid of any critical thinking skills.

Cheers!

Actually, many do get the big picture. Critical thinking? How long have you followed kwikrnu's posts in the four, five, six different gun forums? Some followed kwikrnu's posts for months seeing his anger against those challenging his actions and motives expressed in other venues. He even cussed me out in one post where that sort of language is allowed.

Did you know he admits in a few posts that he open carried his .44 magnum in Tennessee parks. He admits he was challenged briefly on a few occasions. Then he said he needed to find a way to get more reaction from law enforcement.

He himself admits his current actions are influenced by the events in AZ with the teenager arrested for carrying an airsoft AR replica in a public park. Only he chose to disguise a real firearm as an airsoft in order to keep police from shooting him. Problem with that is every law enforcement agency now knows it is a real AK. Any furtive movement on kwikrnu's part could have disastrous results.

On to a question for you. In your alleged email to the Brady group, you forgot to mention armor piercing ammo, personal body armor for himself and the silencer. Were those omissions accidental?

slowfiveoh, are you theslowfiveoh on YouTube interested in illegal street racing? Your profile here says your interests include cars, bikes and firearms. Do you and kwikrnu know each other from 5.0 Mustang forums?

Choose to dismiss some of the facts in kwikrnu's real story if you want. Usually, though, critical thinking benefits from full and complete facts.