• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

detained in a TN State Park for 2.5 hours nearly arrested because cops don't know definition pistol

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Actually, I am just a regular person carrying a firearm. Cops come to me,I do not go to them. They are the ones seeking the confrontation. When they confront me, hopefully they check my permit and let me go on my way.

I'm just a regular person OCing a handgun, too. In all the times I've crossed paths with county, state, and occassionally NMPD LEO, not once has one of them approached me and asked to see my HCP.

I dress in jeans, boots and work shirts all the time. Pretty much look like the average country redneck. When I start dressing in cammo, crapp will have already hit the fan (unless I take up hunting).

USAF Retired

imported post

"To everything there is a season, a time, and a purpose....." Ecc. 3 ;)Task Force 16 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Actually, I am just a regular person carrying a firearm. Cops come to me,I do not go to them. They are the ones seeking the confrontation. When they confront me, hopefully they check my permit and let me go on my way.

I'm just a regular person OCing a handgun, too. In all the times I've crossed paths with county, state, and occassionally NMPD LEO, not once has one of them approached me and asked to see my HCP.

I dress in jeans, boots and work shirts all the time. Pretty much look like the average country redneck. When I start dressing in cammo, crapp will have already hit the fan (unless I take up hunting).

USAF Retired

imported post

On Appearances

Let's say you see a member of our Armed Forces walking down the street in uniform:

We expect him/her to wear that uniform proudly. We expect his/her boots to be polished and a nice starched crease in his/her sleeves and pant legs. We expect his/her hair to be within regulation and him/her to be clean shaven. That's the "appearance" we expect and demand of our Armed Forces members.

On the other hand, what if we see someone "out of uniform" wearing half of the insignia or walking along with his/her shir tail untucked? What if he/she has the radical "hippie look" and is unshaven in uniform? What if his/her boots look as if they just got off a 4-wheeler a week ago? What kind of image does that convey?

A member of the Armed Forces, even retirees have the right to wear that uniform with pride. He/She should do so when appropriate, and where appropriate.

There's nothing (in my opinion) than to see a fellow vet (and I respect all vets) wearing a partial uniform or wearing the uniform uncared for and his/her hair and beard all out of place. That is a dis-service to the uniform and to our country.

The same applies to those of us with a CCP or even those without a CCP who display our weaponry. There is a time, a place, and a manner wherein it is appropriate.

This young man evidently does not understand that concept. He has "disgraced" the 2nd Amendment, and he has disgraced the concealed carry permit laws of Tennessee.

Were he in the military, I'd seek to have him receive a "dishonorable discharge" for disgracing the uniform.

Were there some way to accomplish it, I'd seek to have a "dishonorable discharge and revocation" of his CCP.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USAF Retired wrote:
Landric wrote:
I suppose we really our wasting our time folks, after all, you can't make an idiot feel stupid.
I wonder is this nut case is really on some kool-aid served by the Brady Bunch?:D

I have to agree with both of these statements.

The anti-gun groups and their followers seem to meet the criterium of ignorance and stupidity. Their propaganda lies are failing them miserably. I would not put it past these scoundrelsto send operatives into the field to pretend to be 2A supporters and thencarry outasinine activities that make gun owners/carriers look bad in the eyes of the public.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
Leonard, look around you. Read what people are posting. There is not a lot of support for your actions. These are the same people who rallied to support many open carry advocates in the past. They are telling you what you are doing is not wise and the outcome of your actions may be devastating.

Understand that you've made your point with law enforcement. On other forums they acknowledge you are carrying a firearm designated a pistol. They know you have a Tennessee carry permit. They know and understand the law governing carry in parks allows you to do so. An Officer Safety ALERT was issued yesterday about you to LE agencies in your region.

YOU WON THAT BATTLE! You have educated them.

Law enforcement agencies also know about your posts here and the other forums about your plans to open carry in other venues. You areknown to them as being legal. They are not going to give you all the attention any more. It is over.

You need to accept victory and move on.

Keep in mind though that right now the media is using you. Have you noticed that no one in the media portrayed the Rangers or Metro officers as the bad guys? You are the bad guy in the public mind. The public will call the police and the police will respond to a man with a gun. You have made it clear that you are expecting, which could be interpreted as meaning you are seeking, confrontations with law enforcement. True or not, that is the perception. And it could end badly for you.

You really need to let this go for a while.

I do hope Santa brings you a great big box of common sense tonight. You definitely need some.

What will you do, Leonard, when they do not confront you?

RussP

imported post

USAF Retired wrote:
On Appearances

Let's say you see a member of our Armed Forces walking down the street in uniform:

We expect him/her to wear that uniform proudly. We expect his/her boots to be polished and a nice starched crease in his/her sleeves and pant legs. We expect his/her hair to be within regulation and him/her to be clean shaven. That's the "appearance" we expect and demand of our Armed Forces members.

On the other hand, what if we see someone "out of uniform" wearing half of the insignia or walking along with his/her shir tail untucked? What if he/she has the radical "hippie look" and is unshaven in uniform? What if his/her boots look as if they just got off a 4-wheeler a week ago? What kind of image does that convey?

A member of the Armed Forces, even retirees have the right to wear that uniform with pride. He/She should do so when appropriate, and where appropriate.

There's nothing (in my opinion) than to see a fellow vet (and I respect all vets) wearing a partial uniform or wearing the uniform uncared for and his/her hair and beard all out of place. That is a dis-service to the uniform and to our country.

The same applies to those of us with a CCP or even those without a CCP who display our weaponry. There is a time, a place, and a manner wherein it is appropriate.

This young man evidently does not understand that concept. He has "disgraced" the 2nd Amendment, and he has disgraced the concealed carry permit laws of Tennessee.

Were he in the military, I'd seek to have him receive a "dishonorable discharge" for disgracing the uniform.

Were there some way to accomplish it, I'd seek to have a "dishonorable discharge and revocation" of his CCP.
Well said, very well said, and Leonard says he has served in the Army, so he should be able to relate.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
USAF Retired wrote:
Landric wrote:
I suppose we really our wasting our time folks, after all, you can't make an idiot feel stupid.
I wonder is this nut case is really on some kool-aid served by the Brady Bunch?:D

I have to agree with both of these statements.

The anti-gun groups and their followers seem to meet the criterium of ignorance and stupidity. Their propaganda lies are failing them miserably. I would not put it past these scoundrelsto send operatives into the field to pretend to be 2A supporters and thencarry outasinine activities that make gun owners/carriers look bad in the eyes of the public.

OK, I see you are paranoid.

But are you paranoid enough?

WCrawford

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
WCrawford wrote:
kwikrnu, I think you need to get an "adventure buddy". Alone you seem to be an idiot magnet.

Did you have your recorder with you for this? I'd love to hear the audio if available.
I guarantee that when I carry in Bicentennial Mall I will be stopped. You're more than welcome to come and watch or video.
Time and date. I'll be there is it is within my power. I wish I had an AK style pistol, but I just have a Glock... That will have to do.

I'll dig up my voice recorder so there will be a backup.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

USAF Retired wrote:
On Appearances

I'm a disgrace to the Second Amendment? I'm not the one who is advocating infringement.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

RussP wrote:
Well said, very well said, and Leonard says he has served in the Army, so he should be able to relate.
Military are paid to dress the way they dress. I have no obligation to shave, comb my hair, dress neatly, or even smell good.

PT111

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:
Military are paid to dress the way they dress. I have no obligation to shave, comb my hair, dress neatly, or even smell good.
When you find yourself at the bottom of a hole quit digging.

USAF Retired

imported post

If this cat served in the U.S. Army, I'm sure he probably has a "Dishonorable Discharge" to hang on his wall.

Maybe they let him out as a mental case.

Nonetheless, he evidently has little respect for the uniform, and a lack of understand relative to "reason" and "common sense".

And for the record, I am not advocating "infringement" but "responsible gun ownership and possession" which this individual evidently doesn't comprehend.

kwikrnu wrote:
RussP wrote:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

USAF Retired wrote:
If this cat served in the U.S. Army, I'm sure he probably has a "Dishonorable Discharge" to hang on his wall.

Nonetheless, he evidently has little respect for the uniform, and a lack of understand relative to "reason" and "common sense".

And for the record, I am not advocating "infringement" but "responsible gun ownership and possession" which this individual evidently doesn't comprehend.
How do you know he has a dishonorable discharge, USAFR?

Heyyyy......did you join OCDO just to slag this fellow???????

[align=right]Showing posts 1-5 of 5

Tennessee > detained in a TN State Park for 2.5 hours nearly arrested because cops don't know definition pistol (134 replies - 4825 views)

If this cat served in the U.S. Army, I'm sure he probably has a "Dishonorable Discharge" to hang on his wall. Maybe they let him ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 09:11 pm[/align]

Tennessee > detained in a TN State Park for 2.5 hours nearly arrested because cops don't know definition pistol (134 replies - 4825 views)

On Appearances Let's say you see a member of our Armed Forces walking down the street in uniform: We expect him/her to wear that uniform proudly. We ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 06:50 pm

"To everything there is a season, a time, and a purpose....." Ecc. 3 ;)Task Force 16 wrote: kwikrnu wrote: Actually, I am just a regular ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 06:33 pm

Landric wrote: I suppose we really our wasting our time folks, after all, you can't make an idiot feel stupid. I wonder is this nut case ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 06:00 pm

:X I've been following your "story" here in Nashville. You're a real "nut job" and you are a diservice to those of us who champion ... T

USAF Retired

imported post

No, I didn't join this site to "slag" this guy, but to comment on the ramifications of his childish actions are.

I note from several sites that he has been ridiculed by many in the CCP and Pro 2nd Amendment community, which is as it should be.

This isn't about the 2nd Amendment rights of all of us as a whole, it's about a sick individual seeking attention.

I sincerely hope this young man getsthe counseling he needs.

I've seen many of this type through my years in the service, and yes, as so many have posted herein and otherwise, this individual has done more harm than he has done in promoting the 2nd Amendment or CCP.

Most of we who are proponents of the 2nd Amendment and CCP are not "radicals" as we realize that to approach this with a "radical" attitude does little to further our cause.

I think the majority agree on that point.

I also think that as the media views these forums, which they do, they need to see that we who approach the 2nd Amendment and CCP through an approach of "common sense" do not condone, but condemn the actions of this individual.

HankT wrote:
USAF Retired wrote:

How do you know he has a dishonorable discharge, USAFR?

Heyyyy......did you join OCDO just to slag this fellow???????

[align=right]Showing posts 1-5 of 5

If this cat served in the U.S. Army, I'm sure he probably has a "Dishonorable Discharge" to hang on his wall. Maybe they let him ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 09:11 pm[/align]

On Appearances Let's say you see a member of our Armed Forces walking down the street in uniform: We expect him/her to wear that uniform proudly. We ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 06:50 pm

"To everything there is a season, a time, and a purpose....." Ecc. 3 ;)Task Force 16 wrote: kwikrnu wrote: Actually, I am just a regular ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 06:33 pm

Landric wrote: I suppose we really our wasting our time folks, after all, you can't make an idiot feel stupid. I wonder is this nut case ... Thu Dec 24th, 2009 06:00 pm

:X I've been following your "story" here in Nashville. You're a real "nut job" and you are a diservice to those of us who champion ... T

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

anhurset wrote:
snip.....
Don't get me wrong, I don't think what he did was right, but it was within the law.
Welcome to OCDO anhurset

You hit the target there.

You see that is the point. Most of us on OCDO are interested in doing both "what is right" and "within the law."

We evaluate our actions and weigh the possible, even probable, consequences of what we do.

In this case, I sincerely doubt that .1% (1/10 of a %) of us would have handled ourselves in this manner.

Yata hey

slowfiveoh

imported post

So. Several things I have learned from this thread! --

#1. Camo is NOT acceptable to wear on a daily basis and incriminates you when combined with a legal to carry firearm. Every person who open carries MUST wear business attire, to cater to societies ignorant as hell social acceptance.

#2. AK47 Pistols are not "ok". Shame on anybody who wants to wear one, but also shame on those who wear a firearm that offends anybody else. This forum is about the total freedom of the 2nd Amendment, in as much as this forum and its founder choose to regulate the legality of the 2nd Amendment.

#3. These guys according to the flyboy up there, are a discredit to their uniform, because of their long hair, or partial/incorrect wearing of said uniform:
david_cline_wolf_sm.jpg

cpl_Kokesh.jpg

These guys are vets, and apparently not "well-groomed" to standard.

I don't know how you fellas do your thing in the Air Force, but any grunt who has slagged his time through far off foreign sands can wear a pink tutu and STILL have a say for all I care.If you base your credibility off of appearance, you certainly live in a funny world.

How dare he exercise his rights in a manner that complies with the law, but doesn't coddle your ideology of what an "appropriate arm" is. How dare he wear camouflage amI right?

Attention antis! Substantiation of the "This gun is ok, but that gun is not" ideology is present on this forum! Take advantage of this while you can!

I never even heard him mention anything about "lawsuits" or anything. I have been visiting other forums, and his commentary has been pretty regular, with the only irregularities being the news attempting to say his weapon specifically is a "sawed off rifle", or has been "modified to meet the requirements to be a pistol". Spin away, and while you're at it, here are some "Pro Open Carry" supporters waving the banner for you.

Yeah, a right unexercised is a right lost. You just have to follow our specific regimen of what is "ok" in pursuit of said right, otherwise, be prepared to feel bus tirestest their suspension travel.

Renegade

imported post

Is this a sick joke or something?

A law-abiding veteran lawfully carries a firearm and police attack him and point a loaded damn shotgun at him...and most of you are not supporting him? Are you kidding me?!?

Suck it up, set aside the trivial and irrelevant facts that antis are so damn focused on, and support this man.

My God, what has this country become? A post above includes a picture of a minuteman. Guys that wore whatever they had available and carried the best arms they had at the time. Some were smoothbore and some were rifled - some were hunting rifle and guess what...some were military grade!!! Hello, is anyone listening?

And I bet not a single damn one of you that has criticized this man has a problem with your local fat-assed, donut choking, police "spec-ops" wanna be sporting the latest military garb and carrying a fully automatic machine gun? Right??? In your narrow mind it is perfectly OK for some mid-30s, wife-beating, citizen abusing, thug of a law enforcement officer to carry a short barreled machine gun and kick in doors, hog tie citizens, etc.

Get down to the basics here people - wake the hell up.

This man did nothing wrong.

Police attacked him and threatened his life.

Now very few of you are actually standing behind him. And why??? Freckin' cosmetic features on his firearm. Now let's get behind our fellow man and continue to educate society.