• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Idaho?

FlyerAce128

imported post

In WA I cannot OC since I am not yet 21. That magical age is only a few months away and I can't wait! However, I live very close to Idaho and was wondering if I were to be in Idaho, can I openly carry since I am eligible under Idaho law to openly carry? I don't want to run into a crapstorm of trouble if I carry openly in Idaho while being a resident of Washington.

aadvark

imported post

Are you kidding us? Idaho has ALWAYS been an Open Carry State!

Vandal

imported post

Dude, you'll be fine in OCing in across the border. I don't know about the legalities of getting into a car, I have always had a CPL and been covered for both ID and WA.

Edited for correction in following post from NavyLT. Thanks for the cite!

PS, Idaho has been an open carry state since 1903 in the case of State v. Brickley.

Vandal

imported post

I stand corrected. I could have sworn that had been discussed previously in the WA side and a different answer reached. I should probably spend more time doing more research. Time to bookmark the 9.41.xxx page again. You guys need to get that law repealed, you can fight for your country and be stationed in WA but not be able to OC for your own defense.

FlyerAce, hurry up and hit 21.

And educational links for all, including myself.
WA: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

IDhttp://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html