• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to buy?

Crypto

imported post

I live in puyallup up on south hill. Was wondering where to go If I wanted to buy one of these guns. I heard there very popular and hard to find.

Here is what I'm looking for, although I do not know which one I want to get yet. I do however know I want a glock .40 or .45 caliber pistol.

Glock 21SF, 21 and 30 or
Glock 22SF, 22 and 27
Or is the best place to buy a pistol online?
I should also be asking if buying a pistol online is even legal in washington?

.45ACPaddy

imported post

The Marksman on Canyon Road is a great place out there. If you're willing to venture to Lakewood, Surplus Ammo and Arms on Pacific Highway (exit 124 or 125) is an awesome shop. Pacific Highway runs alongside I-5 between exits 124 and 125

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

http://www.budsgunshop.com

I found it that most FFL dealers charge very high transfer fees. Search for pawn shops that carry firearms, usually they have cheaper transfer fees.

Even with shipping and FFL transfer fee, most guns come out cheaper than locally with sales tax!

Crypto

imported post

The other question I have is I read that only LEO's or Military can buy a Glock "SF".
Is this true?
Basically I heard that there were 3 different models of the "SF"

.45ACPaddy

imported post

SF simply means short frame. The backstrap doesn't stick out as much, some people with smaller hands find it more comfortable.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I just bought a G21 SF last week. I'm not law enforcement. You could order one from your gun shop of choice. I had to order mine. It took a week for them to get it. This way is nice too, 'cause you get a brand new gun out of the box that everyone hasn't had a chance to finger F__k yet. :lol:

Also, if you happen to be military/fire/LE, or used to be any of these, you qualify for the Glock Military/LE program. This will get you a big discount on the gun plus get you a 3rd magazine. I was a volunteer firefighter way back about 20 years ago. I still have my FD ID and I qualified for the program over at Champion Arms in Kent.

Sweet deal. I knew I was getting the gun discount, but it was a pleasant surprise when I saw the 3rd magazine. That alone is a $28.00 savings if you want a 3rd magazine.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Join GSSF. It's 30$, and takes a few weeks, but you'll get a Glock at a HUGE discount...

If you want to buy outright, check cascade arms in Lacey. I bought my G21SF through them for 499$, when everyone else in the area was $550+ for the same pistol, in the midst of the gun grabs...

I also like Mary's Pistols, but have not had the opportunity to buy from them, although they have EXCELLENT customer service.