• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA OCDO range trip & dinner

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Seeing as how Christmas is coming up, some of us may be getting new toys that we'll be just itching to play with, or some cash to buy food for our existing toys. With that, I'd love to have a post Christmas get together for a range trip and dinner afterward.

One possibility for where to go would be The Marksman in Puyallup, and Shari's afterward since they're right next to each other. I'm open to any suggestions for other places, whether it's an indoor range, outdoor range, or just some pit people go to shoot.

Also, what dates would work for everyone here? Toss some dates out that are a couple weeks out (after the new year) so we have time to coordinate something. I only work a couple days a week, and I'll just have a couple day classes weekdays starting early january, so on days I don't work any time after I'm done with class works for me. I'm thinking we start mid afternoon and get to dinner around 7 or 7:30.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Going to a pit, would be awesome, if people don't mind the cooler weather. Fridays are no-nos for me most of the time. Weekends are always free.

Just throwing that out for you so you can coordinate everyones schedule. Most likely, if we want to have a good gathering, some are going to have to sacrifice something.

Aryk45XD

imported post

The gun show in Puyallup is the first weekend of Jan. Whatever else seems fine. Can we shoot rifles and shotguns at that gun range? I do agree with Shark... Outside does sound like fun. I'm in!

kito109654

imported post

There are tentative plans for a January 10 meet in the Everett area if you wanna join, guess I should post a thread soon. I am not down to drive to Puyallup but that's just me. It's almost 2 hours away. :?

amzbrady

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
The gun show in Puyallup is the first weekend of Jan. Whatever else seems fine. Can we shoot rifles and shotguns at that gun range? I do agree with Shark... Outside does sound like fun. I'm in!
I think the only rifle you can shoot at Marksman is a 22.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I'm up for this as I know my kid will want to do some shooting before heading back to New York (spit).......

Waddell creek pit outside of Oly.

waddell-creek-pit.jpg

Pit Directions:
Exit I-5 at exit 95, go past the Farm Boy Restaurant (Bright Red on right side), keep going west for approx 8.5 miles till you come to a stop sign (Little Rock). The road does a "S" at this point, keep going straight, keep the Chevron station on your right side as well as the bar/tavern. (these are your last chance for food & water unless you bring it). From the stop sign keep going for one mile to the T intersection (Waddell Creek Road) turn right and follow for four miles to the parking area on your right side.

You will enter the Capitol Forest Recreational Area with camping and ATV parks on your left at approx the 3 mile point. There will be ATV trails along the road the closer you get to the parking area.

If you hit the stop sign (the Horse trailer parking area on the right) you are about 300 yards too far. Be prepared to carry all your gear to the shooting area, no vehicles past the gate. I suggest folding tables and chairs. Nothing is supplied out here. No porta-potties available either except in the summer at the horse trailer parking area.

Range 15 at Ft. Lewis (Sat/Sun only) - No shotguns.

If you enter thru the front gate of Ft Lewis you will need to get a pass unless you have post access. - ALL WEAPONS MUST BE UNLOADED AND CASED - I suggest driving around and going thru the East gate. Follow the road till you come to Range 15.

Directions:
I-5 to Highway 512, head East till Pacific Ave (Hwy 7). Head South (Spanaway)and bear right at the "Roy Y." The East gate is marked and is the ONLY paved road on the right after the Roy Y, there will be a turn lane. Follow the road till you come to Range 15 on your right.

Aryk45XD

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
Can we shoot rifles and shotguns at that gun range? I do agree with Shark... Outside does sound like fun. I'm in!
I think the only rifle you can shoot at Marksman is a 22

M1Gunr wrote:
I'm up for this as I know my kid will want to do some shooting before heading back to New York (spit).......
Range 15 at Ft. Lewis (Sat/Sun only) - No shotguns.
Well, my mother still hasn't shipped my rifles from Texas, but I've really been needing to shoot my shotgun. I've almost had it a year and it's never been fired. :cry: I'm still in.

Metalhead47

imported post

Anyone thrown a date around yet?

Also, how about the Reiter pit area out by sultan? Might be more centrally located if enuf folks are interested, but I hear it's become somewhat of a dump.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

how about the Reiter pit area out by sultan?
You mean the Sultan pit? If so it actually has a couple of retired guys who watch over and maintain it. The Deputies and Fish and Game patrol the area quite a bit.

amzbrady

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
You mean the Sultan pit? If so it actually has a couple of retired guys who watch over and maintain it. The Deputies and Fish and Game patrol the area quite a bit.
Reiter pit is in Goldbar on the back side of Gold Bar nature trails. I used to shoot there. You shoot athuge wall of rocks and listen to ricochet's. I thought it was mostly for motorcycles there now anyway? Used to freak us out, there would be like 20 of us out there shooting, and a motorcycle would come down off that hill. But that was like 17 years ago. There was a big open field in sultan we used to go to, too. Cant remeber where, My brother in law, took me there and we shot up what was left of a car.

Metalhead47

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Hmm ok sounds like there's more out there than I thought. Haven't spent much time in the area since I moved back up here from PHX & discovered the :cuss: treehuggers closed all my favorite trails up there.:banghead:

But I digress. Sounds like you're familiar with the Sultan pit, which sounds better than Reiter pit (wasn't a shooter at the time so never paid much attention to the composition of the wall :uhoh:). Something that's unofficially officially legit like can only make things easier. And I do think that area is gonna be easier for more people than way north or way south (way east... we'll ALL have to drive to BFE that way! :lol:)