Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign to Close the Gun Show Loophole

Post imported post

http://www.facebook.com/ClosetheGunShowLoophole?ref=nf

If you belong to Facebook, here is a group you might be interested in.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I know it will be a big topic os discussion with the upcoming Virginia General Assembly.

Post imported post

There is no "gun show loophole" but there is a concerted effort to make sure each and every legal gun is registered so a record can be referred to when it is time to confiscate the honest citizen's guns.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    There is no "gun show loophole" but there is a concerted effort to make sure each and every legal gun is registered so a record can be referred to when it is time to confiscate the honest citizen's guns.
    Bikenut,

I think you are preaching to the choir here. You need to take the discussion to the Facebook site. They are the ones who need the help.

Post imported post

There needs to be a facebook group called "Close the Brady Loophole".

How is it that a hate group like the Bradies are tax exempt? I say we need to close their "tax exempt loophole".
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

2700+ fans ... 2700+ sheeple
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    There needs to be a facebook group called "Close the Brady Loophole".

How is it that a hate group like the Bradies are tax exempt? I say we need to close their "tax exempt loophole".
    You mean "Close the Brady lying piehole."
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

In North Carolina, I appreciate the fact that I can buy any gun in a private deal, at a Gunshow or else where. For handguns, all you need is a purchase permit or a CCW and long guns, well, it's like selling a baseball card. That's my my right and I don't want to let it go.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    In North Carolina, I appreciate the fact that I can buy any gun in a private deal, at a Gunshow or else where. For handguns, all you need is a purchase permit or a CCW and long guns, well, it's like selling a baseball card. That's my my right and I don't want to let it go.
    You might want to consider the requirement of "purchase permit" as an infringement on your RKBA.

How is this enforced at a private sale? What are the requirements to get one?
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    tekshogun wrote:
    You might want to consider the requirement of "purchase permit" as an infringement on your RKBA.

How is this enforced at a private sale? What are the requirements to get one?

I do agree with you. I am just pointing out how it is done in NC.

As far as how it is enforced:

First off, in North Carolina, if you have a concealed carry permit, you do not need a handgun purchase permit for any handgun purchases in North Carolina, so as long you have your permit to present. Otherwise, you have to get the $5 purchase permits which involve a criminal background check (normally 5 days). Once received, any handgun you buy from a dealer or through a private means, must be presented to the seller. The seller must retain the purchase permit forever. Failure of a buyer to present a valid purchase permit OR the failure of the seller to take and retain a permit could mean being charged with a misdemeanor.

Here is a link for my county Sheriff's Office information: http://www.guilfordsheriff.com/content/view/75/194/

Or

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/...un+Permits.htm

You'll also see that we can apply for permits to purchase crossbows and machine guns.

Post imported post

All that is required for a private sale in Nv. is for the seller to have the gun, and for the buyer to be eligible to possess a firearm, be aNv. resident,and be able to reach a deal with the seller.

You hand them the money, they hand you the gun. Easy.:celebrate

Post imported post

How about about a1000 of us join and just do one post per week each, that would be fun. I do not think we would actually get anywhere with people that think along the lines of if we just pass one more law things will get better.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

If you have a pro-gun message, like there is not a loop hole, your post will get deleted. I was one of the folks that just joined that group. I also can no longer "post" comments there, lol.

Post imported post

Just another fraud blog spreading their lies. 2200 members? Hardly major players.

The politicians are getting broiled over this socialized medicine issue. I doubt if even the likes of chucky schumer are tuning in to this facebook blog.

Has anyone heard of blog called "Gun Guys"? This clubhouse for stooges can't even be honest regarding their namesake. They hope to attract the firearm owners community then spread their anti-gun routine to the duped audience.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    If you have a pro-gun message, like there is not a loop hole, your post will get deleted. I was one of the folks that just joined that group. I also can no longer "post" comments there, lol.
    If enough people report the group it can be delated for being politically incorrect.

Post imported post

How do we report it?
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

Orphan wrote:
    How do we report it?
    Each page has a report feature near the left bottom of the page. Should you exchange emails and one gets nasty you can report the email as well.

You just can't report something for nothing.

Post imported post

I took a look at that group. Their isn't a lot of activity there.
    I made a post too. I wonder if it will stay up.

Edit to add@ 9:40 PM
    Well that didnt take long, the post I made have been removed.
    I'm not surprised, I just wanted to see how long it would stay up.

Post imported post

I tried to make a reasonable remark relating to the unintended consequences of allowing the gov't to affect private sales for the first time in the history of the U.S. I was too long and couldn't be posted, so I changed it to just "**** YOU"

It took 2.5seconds to be removed.
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    I tried to make a reasonable remark relating to the unintended consequences of allowing the gov't to affect private sales for the first time in the history of the U.S. I was too long and couldn't be posted, so I changed it to just "@#$% YOU"

It took 2.5seconds to be removed.
    HA!! mine stayed up a little longer than yours.

I posted a question,"What is an assault weapon?"
    LOL, I guess that was judged offensive too.

Post imported post

Facebook is for twits.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Facebook is for twits.
    For some reason this made me laught, when I thought about all the "twitters".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Facebook is for twits.
    For some reason this made me laught, when I thought about all the "twitters".
    You two have made me doubly laugh. LMFAO

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Facebook is for twits.
    + infinity! Lets spend all day on Facebook chatting about someone elses facebook page and the pictures they posted of their kid pucking!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Facebook is for twits.
    + infinity! Lets spend all day on Facebook chatting about someone elses facebook page and the pictures they posted of their kid pucking!
    Yep why do that when you can chat all day here :celebrate
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    Facebook is for twits.
    http://www.facebook.com/#/simmons.joe?ref=name

I'll friend you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast