• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Campaign to Close the Gun Show Loophole

B

Bikenut

imported post

There is no "gun show loophole" but there is a concerted effort to make sure each and every legal gun is registered so a record can be referred to when it is time to confiscate the honest citizen's guns.

kenny

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
There is no "gun show loophole" but there is a concerted effort to make sure each and every legal gun is registered so a record can be referred to when it is time to confiscate the honest citizen's guns.

Bikenut,

I think you are preaching to the choir here. You need to take the discussion to the Facebook site. They are the ones who need the help.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There needs to be a facebook group called "Close the Brady Loophole".

How is it that a hate group like the Bradies are tax exempt? I say we need to close their "tax exempt loophole".

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In North Carolina, I appreciate the fact that I can buy any gun in a private deal, at a Gunshow or else where. For handguns, all you need is a purchase permit or a CCW and long guns, well, it's like selling a baseball card. That's my my right and I don't want to let it go.

2a4all

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
In North Carolina, I appreciate the fact that I can buy any gun in a private deal, at a Gunshow or else where. For handguns, all you need is a purchase permit or a CCW and long guns, well, it's like selling a baseball card. That's my my right and I don't want to let it go.

You might want to consider the requirement of "purchase permit" as an infringement on your RKBA.

How is this enforced at a private sale? What are the requirements to get one?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

2a4all wrote:
tekshogun wrote:

You might want to consider the requirement of "purchase permit" as an infringement on your RKBA.

How is this enforced at a private sale? What are the requirements to get one?

I do agree with you. I am just pointing out how it is done in NC.

As far as how it is enforced:

First off, in North Carolina, if you have a concealed carry permit, you do not need a handgun purchase permit for any handgun purchases in North Carolina, so as long you have your permit to present. Otherwise, you have to get the $5 purchase permits which involve a criminal background check (normally 5 days). Once received, any handgun you buy from a dealer or through a private means, must be presented to the seller. The seller must retain the purchase permit forever. Failure of a buyer to present a valid purchase permit OR the failure of the seller to take and retain a permit could mean being charged with a misdemeanor.

Here is a link for my county Sheriff's Office information: http://www.guilfordsheriff.com/content/view/75/194/

Or

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/MCSO/Community+Services/Gun+Permits.htm

You'll also see that we can apply for permits to purchase crossbows and machine guns.

Gordie

imported post

All that is required for a private sale in Nv. is for the seller to have the gun, and for the buyer to be eligible to possess a firearm, be aNv. resident,and be able to reach a deal with the seller.

You hand them the money, they hand you the gun. Easy.:celebrate

Jeff Hayes

imported post

How about about a1000 of us join and just do one post per week each, that would be fun. I do not think we would actually get anywhere with people that think along the lines of if we just pass one more law things will get better.

bohdi

imported post

If you have a pro-gun message, like there is not a loop hole, your post will get deleted. I was one of the folks that just joined that group. I also can no longer "post" comments there, lol.

c45man

imported post

Just another fraud blog spreading their lies. 2200 members? Hardly major players.

The politicians are getting broiled over this socialized medicine issue. I doubt if even the likes of chucky schumer are tuning in to this facebook blog.

Has anyone heard of blog called "Gun Guys"? This clubhouse for stooges can't even be honest regarding their namesake. They hope to attract the firearm owners community then spread their anti-gun routine to the duped audience.

kenny

imported post

bohdi wrote:
If you have a pro-gun message, like there is not a loop hole, your post will get deleted. I was one of the folks that just joined that group. I also can no longer "post" comments there, lol.

If enough people report the group it can be delated for being politically incorrect.

oldgoat

imported post

I took a look at that group. Their isn't a lot of activity there.
I made a post too. I wonder if it will stay up.

Edit to add@ 9:40 PM
Well that didnt take long, the post I made have been removed.
I'm not surprised, I just wanted to see how long it would stay up.

simmonsjoe

imported post

I tried to make a reasonable remark relating to the unintended consequences of allowing the gov't to affect private sales for the first time in the history of the U.S. I was too long and couldn't be posted, so I changed it to just "**** YOU"

It took 2.5seconds to be removed.

oldgoat

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
I tried to make a reasonable remark relating to the unintended consequences of allowing the gov't to affect private sales for the first time in the history of the U.S. I was too long and couldn't be posted, so I changed it to just "@#$% YOU"

It took 2.5seconds to be removed.
HA!! :cool: mine stayed up a little longer than yours.

I posted a question,"What is an assault weapon?"
LOL, I guess that was judged offensive too.