Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop brings a gun to a snowball fight!

Banned

Post imported post

Proof that all the training in the world doesn't matter.

Video Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...&#34508201

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I got $20.00 that says the clown-shoe in the H2 had a Glock .40 in his hand.

Post imported post

He ought to be fired and charged.

Not sure why this has much with "all the training" in the world. More like "all the screening in the world" to me.

Don't like Glock .40's Nutczak?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

OK, I agree that the off duty detective did not handle the situation the greatest, but...

1 snowball can do some serious bodily harm. Are you going to say that 200 can't? Not to mention the people should not have been throwing snowballs at cars in the first place.

If I were the detective, I would have driven about a block down, radioed for backup, and let them know the situation. He should have immediately IDed himself as an off duty LEO and definitely should not have given challenges to throw more snowballs.

Again, it goes back to the fact that there are many great LEOs out there, but we never hear about them.

Funny how this made the WI OCDO, but the Tosa cop that got ambushed didn't...

Post imported post

Video with more afterwards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo

I thought the officer responding to the "man with a gun" call handled it well...

Has the gun drawn (pointing down), recognizes MWAG as a plainclothed detective, holsters, tries to sort things out.

I imagine the guy that was dragged away was arrested for something along the lines of disorderly conduct (OK, I'll admit, I usually take the cop's side in things like this, but the detective should probably also be cited based on the videos provided).

The detective is rightfully assigned to desk duty. Again, I think the responding officers handled it well.

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    He ought to be fired and charged.

Not sure why this has much with "all the training" in the world. More like "all the screening in the world" to me.

Don't like Glock .40's Nutczak?
    I agree fully, that cop should be fired and chargedwith a plethora of differentcharges.

I have nothing against Glock .40's, just as I have nothing against Cadillac Escalades and H2's. I guess I was just wrongly perpetuating known stereotypes and I would apoloogize if I felt badly about it.

Post imported post

There's a stereotype associated with .40 caliber Glocks?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Repeat after me: "We'd all be better off with NO government at all."
    black guy driving an H2 (overpriced soccer mom mobile) and holding a gun. he was CLEARLY the one starting the fight.

JUST KIDDING. relax. it's a joke.

I don't believe that the crowd was throwing at vehicles directly. i believe a poorly thrown snowball or one that missed it's intended target maybe have hit his vehicle, to which he responded WAY OUT OF LINE. he could have kept driving. or he could have just pulled over and radio'd for backup (seriously......backup because of a snowball??? didn't we ALL GROW UP WITH SNOWBALL FIGHTS???). or he could have just CALMLY asked what was going on and perhaps informed the event coordinator (if there was one) to check it so as not to hit traffic.

but stopping in traffic and running at the crowd with a gun was EXTREMELY STUPID.
    what if somebody would have felt threatened thinking it was another whack job like the fort hood shooting or so many others, and decided to defend/protect the crowd??? would he have been in the right for thinking his life was in danger??? after all there was a crazy man with a gun running at them screaming.

i think that video should be used to show how a very innocent situation could turn horribly wrong. i personally say it's lucky for the officer that somebody didn't take his thread seriously and attempt to defend themselves.

but that's just my opinion.

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    black guy driving an H2 (overpriced soccer mom mobile) and holding a gun. he was CLEARLY the one starting the fight.

I don't believe that the crowd was throwing at vehicles directly. i believe a poorly thrown snowball or one that missed it's intended target maybe have hit his vehicle, to which he responded WAY OUT OF LINE. he could have kept driving. or he could have just pulled over and radio'd for backup (seriously......backup because of a snowball??? didn't we ALL GROW UP WITH SNOWBALL FIGHTS???). or he could have just CALMLY asked what was going on and perhaps informed the event coordinator (if there was one) to check it so as not to hit traffic.

but stopping in traffic and running at the crowd with a gun was EXTREMELY STUPID.
    what if somebody would have felt threatened thinking it was another whack job like the fort hood shooting or so many others, and decided to defend/protect the crowd??? would he have been in the right for thinking his life was in danger??? after all there was a crazy man with a gun running at them screaming.

i think that video should be used to show how a very innocent situation could turn horribly wrong. i personally say it's lucky for the officer that somebody didn't take his thread seriously and attempt to defend themselves.

Loud mouthed, Black guy driving a red H2 ?? I would have taken him for a drug dealer & and defended myself the second the pistol came out... Your honor, my client saw the gun in what he thought to be the hands of a drug dealing, criminal & he defended himself & the unarmed, helpless people close to him from what he deemed to be life threatening situation.. Any lawyer worth his salt would beat it & you would be found innocent.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:

Loud mouthed, Black guy driving a red H2 ?? I would have taken him for a drug dealer & and defended myself the second the pistol came out... Your honor, my client saw the gun in what he thought to be the hands of a drug dealing, criminal & he defended himself & the unarmed, helpless people close to him from what he deemed to be life threatening situation.. Any lawyer worth his salt would beat it & you would be found innocent.
    I do not see the mans skin color or the car/truck he drives as an issue.

If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can. I hate to even think about the court case. I would think, the video should tell the court all that you would need. I am a bit shocked that the people did not turn tail and run. If this guy was a full on nut job, he would have hurt a lot of the sheep...

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...
    Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

</shake head off>

Banned

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    Not sure why this has much with "all the training" in the world.
    All LEO are trained as to when it is the proper time and conditions to draw your firearm from the holster. LEO go through constant training and repetitive use.

It is proof positive that no matter how much training a person has there will always be situations such as this one.

With that in mind, if an LEO acts out in this manner and he is one of the individuals we trust to serve and protect; then how can anyone shine a negative light on an individual who chooses to exercise his rights on a daily basis simply because he has no formal training? Especially when that individual never has an incident such as this one.

Post imported post

Sorry, if my previous reply seemed a bit PC incorrect , but I called it like i saw it. I work at a "black" night club , and them Drug dealers & packers drive H2's & Cadillac escilades & if their gun comes out causing me to feel threatened mine comes out.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...

</shake head off>

and you prefer to be shot ? :?

Post imported post

oh man i should have never brought up the black thing. that was simply meant as a joke due to the complete coincidence of all 3 items in the video.

IT WAS A DAMN JOKE. the guy could have been white and i would have said everything else i said other than the black joke.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    Sorry, if my previous reply seemed a bit PC incorrect , but I called it like i saw it. I work at a "black" night club , and them Drug dealers & packers drive H2's & Cadillac escilades & if their gun comes out causing me to feel threatened mine comes out.
    So, uhm, you're under the impression that, er, the rest of us ..... also ..... work at "black" night clubs and are familiar wit dey rides and gatts....?

Is that it?

Glock34 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:

</shake head off>

Easy one.

Either/Or Fallacy:

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/eitheror.html

Post imported post

Back to the original topic... I heard this morning the detective in question is currently on desk duty pending investigation.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:

</shake head off>

The first thing you do is create distance, also known as retreat.

In court you need to be able to articulate the following:

1. I was a reluctant participant.
    2. I was reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm.
    3. No lesser force would do.
    4. Retreat wasn't practical.

These four things that anyone that wants to say out of jail had better memorize, along with what to say after an incident!!! I know that training isn't required in WI, but I do think that anyone that is serious about protecting themselves and their family (being able to support them after an incident is part of this) should take some type of class that explains shot/no shot situations...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Proof that all the training in the world doesn't matter.

Video Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...&#34508201
    Unbelievable video. "Stupid is as stupid does". Forrest Gump

Cops should not have guns (fallacious). Seriously, who is going to protect us from our protectors?

Post imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:

</shake head off>

The first thing you do is create distance, also known as retreat.

In court you need to be able to articulate the following:

These four things that anyone that wants to say out of jail had better memorize, along with what to say after an incident!!! I know that training isn't required in WI, but I do think that anyone that is serious about protecting themselves and their family (being able to support them after an incident is part of this) should take some type of class that explains shot/no shot situations...
    Your honor I was just standing there on the street watching this big snow ball fight then this guy gets out of his car & pulls a pistol, then he started yelling at us , I thought he was high on crack so i defended myself.

Did he Identify himself as a police officer, NO your honor he did not.

Like i said your honor this guy that looked to me like a drug dealer pulled out a pistol & it appeared he was going to start killing all of us.

Like I previously stated your honor, He had a gun & appeared bent on executing us & I started thinking about Virginia Tech & all those people that got killed, I was so frightened.

NO, he had a gun & would have shot me in the back,I was so scared, WE HAVE THE ENTIRE INCIDENT on Video your honor

Your honor, we the people of the jury find the defendant, Not Guilty.

McX

Post imported post

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Whoooee! This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked. I wonder why it was?

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKH1URHtZwo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    video of the incident after the uniformed cops show up, Warning vulgar language abounds, so watch the volume level if the kids are around.

Banned

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Whoooee! This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked. I wonder why it was?
    Locked?

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Whoooee!* This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked.* I wonder why it was?
    hanktroll's fault

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast