Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Cop brings a gun to a snowball fight!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Proof that all the training in the world doesn't matter.


    Video Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...&#34508201

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    I got $20.00 that says the clown-shoe in the H2 had a Glock .40 in his hand.

  3. #3
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    He ought to be fired and charged.

    Not sure why this has much with "all the training" in the world. More like "all the screening in the world" to me.

    Don't like Glock .40's Nutczak?
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    No gun zone, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    OK, I agree that the off duty detective did not handle the situation the greatest, but...

    1 snowball can do some serious bodily harm. Are you going to say that 200 can't? Not to mention the people should not have been throwing snowballs at cars in the first place.

    If I were the detective, I would have driven about a block down, radioed for backup, and let them know the situation. He should have immediately IDed himself as an off duty LEO and definitely should not have given challenges to throw more snowballs.

    Again, it goes back to the fact that there are many great LEOs out there, but we never hear about them.

    Funny how this made the WI OCDO, but the Tosa cop that got ambushed didn't...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    No gun zone, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    Video with more afterwards...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo

    I thought the officer responding to the "man with a gun" call handled it well...

    Has the gun drawn (pointing down), recognizes MWAG as a plainclothed detective, holsters, tries to sort things out.

    I imagine the guy that was dragged away was arrested for something along the lines of disorderly conduct (OK, I'll admit, I usually take the cop's side in things like this, but the detective should probably also be cited based on the videos provided).

    The detective is rightfully assigned to desk duty. Again, I think the responding officers handled it well.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    Shotgun wrote:
    He ought to be fired and charged.

    Not sure why this has much with "all the training" in the world. More like "all the screening in the world" to me.

    Don't like Glock .40's Nutczak?
    I agree fully, that cop should be fired and chargedwith a plethora of differentcharges.

    I have nothing against Glock .40's, just as I have nothing against Cadillac Escalades and H2's. I guess I was just wrongly perpetuating known stereotypes and I would apoloogize if I felt badly about it.

  7. #7
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    There's a stereotype associated with .40 caliber Glocks?
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    631

    Post imported post

    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Repeat after me: "We'd all be better off with NO government at all."
    black guy driving an H2 (overpriced soccer mom mobile) and holding a gun. he was CLEARLY the one starting the fight.

    JUST KIDDING. relax. it's a joke.


    I don't believe that the crowd was throwing at vehicles directly. i believe a poorly thrown snowball or one that missed it's intended target maybe have hit his vehicle, to which he responded WAY OUT OF LINE. he could have kept driving. or he could have just pulled over and radio'd for backup (seriously......backup because of a snowball??? didn't we ALL GROW UP WITH SNOWBALL FIGHTS???). or he could have just CALMLY asked what was going on and perhaps informed the event coordinator (if there was one) to check it so as not to hit traffic.

    but stopping in traffic and running at the crowd with a gun was EXTREMELY STUPID.
    what if somebody would have felt threatened thinking it was another whack job like the fort hood shooting or so many others, and decided to defend/protect the crowd??? would he have been in the right for thinking his life was in danger??? after all there was a crazy man with a gun running at them screaming.

    i think that video should be used to show how a very innocent situation could turn horribly wrong. i personally say it's lucky for the officer that somebody didn't take his thread seriously and attempt to defend themselves.

    but that's just my opinion.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    scorpio_vette wrote:
    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Repeat after me: "We'd all be better off with NO government at all."
    black guy driving an H2 (overpriced soccer mom mobile) and holding a gun. he was CLEARLY the one starting the fight.

    JUST KIDDING. relax. it's a joke.


    I don't believe that the crowd was throwing at vehicles directly. i believe a poorly thrown snowball or one that missed it's intended target maybe have hit his vehicle, to which he responded WAY OUT OF LINE. he could have kept driving. or he could have just pulled over and radio'd for backup (seriously......backup because of a snowball??? didn't we ALL GROW UP WITH SNOWBALL FIGHTS???). or he could have just CALMLY asked what was going on and perhaps informed the event coordinator (if there was one) to check it so as not to hit traffic.

    but stopping in traffic and running at the crowd with a gun was EXTREMELY STUPID.
    what if somebody would have felt threatened thinking it was another whack job like the fort hood shooting or so many others, and decided to defend/protect the crowd??? would he have been in the right for thinking his life was in danger??? after all there was a crazy man with a gun running at them screaming.

    i think that video should be used to show how a very innocent situation could turn horribly wrong. i personally say it's lucky for the officer that somebody didn't take his thread seriously and attempt to defend themselves.

    but that's just my opinion.
    Loud mouthed, Black guy driving a red H2 ?? I would have taken him for a drug dealer & and defended myself the second the pistol came out... Your honor, my client saw the gun in what he thought to be the hands of a drug dealing, criminal & he defended himself & the unarmed, helpless people close to him from what he deemed to be life threatening situation.. Any lawyer worth his salt would beat it & you would be found innocent.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  10. #10
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:
    mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Repeat after me: "We'd all be better off with NO government at all."
    black guy driving an H2 (overpriced soccer mom mobile) and holding a gun. he was CLEARLY the one starting the fight.

    JUST KIDDING. relax. it's a joke.


    I don't believe that the crowd was throwing at vehicles directly. i believe a poorly thrown snowball or one that missed it's intended target maybe have hit his vehicle, to which he responded WAY OUT OF LINE. he could have kept driving. or he could have just pulled over and radio'd for backup (seriously......backup because of a snowball??? didn't we ALL GROW UP WITH SNOWBALL FIGHTS???). or he could have just CALMLY asked what was going on and perhaps informed the event coordinator (if there was one) to check it so as not to hit traffic.

    but stopping in traffic and running at the crowd with a gun was EXTREMELY STUPID.
    what if somebody would have felt threatened thinking it was another whack job like the fort hood shooting or so many others, and decided to defend/protect the crowd??? would he have been in the right for thinking his life was in danger??? after all there was a crazy man with a gun running at them screaming.

    i think that video should be used to show how a very innocent situation could turn horribly wrong. i personally say it's lucky for the officer that somebody didn't take his thread seriously and attempt to defend themselves.

    but that's just my opinion.
    Loud mouthed, Black guy driving a red H2 ?? I would have taken him for a drug dealer & and defended myself the second the pistol came out... Your honor, my client saw the gun in what he thought to be the hands of a drug dealing, criminal & he defended himself & the unarmed, helpless people close to him from what he deemed to be life threatening situation.. Any lawyer worth his salt would beat it & you would be found innocent.
    I do not see the mans skin color or the car/truck he drives as an issue.

    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can. I hate to even think about the court case. I would think, the video should tell the court all that you would need. I am a bit shocked that the people did not turn tail and run. If this guy was a full on nut job, he would have hurt a lot of the sheep...

  11. #11
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...
    Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

    </shake head off>



  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Shotgun wrote:
    Not sure why this has much with "all the training" in the world.
    All LEO are trained as to when it is the proper time and conditions to draw your firearm from the holster. LEO go through constant training and repetitive use.

    It is proof positive that no matter how much training a person has there will always be situations such as this one.

    With that in mind, if an LEO acts out in this manner and he is one of the individuals we trust to serve and protect; then how can anyone shine a negative light on an individual who chooses to exercise his rights on a daily basis simply because he has no formal training? Especially when that individual never has an incident such as this one.


  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    Sorry, if my previous reply seemed a bit PC incorrect , but I called it like i saw it. I work at a "black" night club , and them Drug dealers & packers drive H2's & Cadillac escilades & if their gun comes out causing me to feel threatened mine comes out.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...
    Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

    </shake head off>

    and you prefer to be shot ? :?
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    631

    Post imported post

    oh man i should have never brought up the black thing. that was simply meant as a joke due to the complete coincidence of all 3 items in the video.

    IT WAS A DAMN JOKE. the guy could have been white and i would have said everything else i said other than the black joke.

  16. #16
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    Sorry, if my previous reply seemed a bit PC incorrect , but I called it like i saw it. I work at a "black" night club , and them Drug dealers & packers drive H2's & Cadillac escilades & if their gun comes out causing me to feel threatened mine comes out.
    So, uhm, you're under the impression that, er, the rest of us ..... also ..... work at "black" night clubs and are familiar wit dey rides and gatts....?

    Is that it?



    Glock34 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...
    Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

    </shake head off>

    and you prefer to be shot ? :?
    Easy one.

    Either/Or Fallacy:

    http://www.fallacyfiles.org/eitheror.html




  17. #17
    Regular Member Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    79

    Post imported post

    Back to the original topic... I heard this morning the detective in question is currently on desk duty pending investigation.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...
    Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

    </shake head off>

    and you prefer to be shot ? :?
    The first thing you do is create distance, also known as retreat.


    In court you need to be able to articulate the following:

    1. I was a reluctant participant.
    2. I was reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm.
    3. No lesser force would do.
    4. Retreat wasn't practical.

    These four things that anyone that wants to say out of jail had better memorize, along with what to say after an incident!!! I know that training isn't required in WI, but I do think that anyone that is serious about protecting themselves and their family (being able to support them after an incident is part of this) should take some type of class that explains shot/no shot situations...

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    908

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    Proof that all the training in the world doesn't matter.


    Video Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...&#34508201
    Unbelievable video. "Stupid is as stupid does". Forrest Gump

    Cops should not have guns (fallacious). Seriously, who is going to protect us from our protectors?

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    Mugenlude wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    AaronS wrote:
    If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...
    Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

    </shake head off>

    and you prefer to be shot ? :?
    The first thing you do is create distance, also known as retreat.


    In court you need to be able to articulate the following:

    1. I was a reluctant participant.
    2. I was reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm.
    3. No lesser force would do.
    4. Retreat wasn't practical.

    These four things that anyone that wants to say out of jail had better memorize, along with what to say after an incident!!! I know that training isn't required in WI, but I do think that anyone that is serious about protecting themselves and their family (being able to support them after an incident is part of this) should take some type of class that explains shot/no shot situations...
    1. I was a reluctant participant.
    Your honor I was just standing there on the street watching this big snow ball fight then this guy gets out of his car & pulls a pistol, then he started yelling at us , I thought he was high on crack so i defended myself.

    Did he Identify himself as a police officer, NO your honor he did not.

    2. I was reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm.
    Like i said your honor this guy that looked to me like a drug dealer pulled out a pistol & it appeared he was going to start killing all of us.

    3. No lesser force would do.
    Like I previously stated your honor, He had a gun & appeared bent on executing us & I started thinking about Virginia Tech & all those people that got killed, I was so frightened.

    4. Retreat wasn't practical.
    NO, he had a gun & would have shot me in the back,I was so scared, WE HAVE THE ENTIRE INCIDENT on Video your honor

    Your honor, we the people of the jury find the defendant, Not Guilty.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  21. #21
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post


  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    Whoooee! This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked. I wonder why it was?

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKH1URHtZwo

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    video of the incident after the uniformed cops show up, Warning vulgar language abounds, so watch the volume level if the kids are around.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Whoooee! This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked. I wonder why it was?
    Locked?

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Whoooee!* This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked.* I wonder why it was?
    hanktroll's fault

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •