• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop brings a gun to a snowball fight!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
HankT wrote:
AaronS wrote:
If I saw any person do what he did, I would have to agree about the response. I would have had to brandish. And if this mad manwould have even started to point his gun at anyone, I would have had to stop him, as best I can...

Exactly.....the wrong thing to do.....

</shake head off>
and you prefer to be shot ? :?
The first thing you do is create distance, also known as retreat.

In court you need to be able to articulate the following:

1. I was a reluctant participant.
2. I was reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm.
3. No lesser force would do.
4. Retreat wasn't practical.

These four things that anyone that wants to say out of jail had better memorize, along with what to say after an incident!!! I know that training isn't required in WI, but I do think that anyone that is serious about protecting themselves and their family (being able to support them after an incident is part of this) should take some type of class that explains shot/no shot situations...
1. I was a reluctant participant.
Your honor I was just standing there on the street watching this big snow ball fight then this guy gets out of his car & pulls a pistol, then he started yelling at us , I thought he was high on crack so i defended myself.

Did he Identify himself as a police officer, NO your honor he did not.

2. I was reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm.
Like i said your honor this guy that looked to me like a drug dealer pulled out a pistol & it appeared he was going to start killing all of us.

3. No lesser force would do.
Like I previously stated your honor, He had a gun & appeared bent on executing us & I started thinking about Virginia Tech & all those people that got killed, I was so frightened.

4. Retreat wasn't practical.
NO, he had a gun & would have shot me in the back,I was so scared, WE HAVE THE ENTIRE INCIDENT on Video your honor:D

Your honor, we the people of the jury find the defendant, Not Guilty.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Whoooee!  This thread ought to get some real attention, now that the National News and Political Alerts' snow ball fight thread has been locked.  I wonder why it was?
hanktroll's fault

apjonas

imported post

This incident took place in Washington, D.C., which to my knowledge has not been annexed by Wisconsin. So the question is why is this thread here? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of having all these lovely categories if we place threads haphazardly? This is not a shot at the OP but rather an observation and a plea to be more diligent. It might also cut down on having three or four threads on the same subject.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Who cares if it took place in DC? The fact is, this video depicts an LEO who is supposed to be trained in the methods of serving and protecting the public. A DC officer is no different then a Milwaukee Officer or a Madison Officer. the training is the same. The job is the same. The facts are the facts.

If you don't like this thread you are welcome to go to the thread where all the bantering and bickering is going on.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Who cares if it took place in DC? The fact is, this video depicts an LEO who is supposed to be trained in the methods of serving and protecting the public. A DC officer is no different then a Milwaukee Officer or a Madison Officer. the training is the same. The job is the same. The facts are the facts.

If you don't like this thread you are welcome to go to the thread where all the bantering and bickering is going on.
you mean the thread I just signed off on, it's over at least for me it is.:) oh, yeah..Merry Christmas.:celebrate

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX wrote:
perhapse it would bring more interest and controversy if the headlines read: Gun brings cop to snowball fight?
good point, they the anti gun types are always saying how it's the guns fault & not the persons .

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

If it was in the UK, the UK govt.would try to modify the snow so it could not be packed into a ball to be used as a weapon or try something else just as ridiculous to stop snowballs from being made.
They have already mandated that pub glasses be made from plastic, or a treated glass that shatters into tiny pices that cannot be used a weapon, and all kitchen knives must have round blunt tips on them so people will not use those as stabbing weapons.
When did they collect all the guns? That is why they continue to mandate such stupid laws! No armed resistance is able to stop the idiocracy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
If it was in the UK, the UK govt.would try to modify the snow so it could not be packed into a ball to be used as a weapon or try something else just as ridiculous to stop snowballs from being made.
They have already mandated that pub glasses be made from plastic, or a treated glass that shatters into tiny pices that cannot be used a weapon, and all kitchen knives must have round blunt tips on them so people will not use those as stabbing weapons.
When did they collect all the guns? That is why they continue to mandate such stupid laws! No armed resistance is able to stop the idiocracy.
:lol:, lol this is so true. good one

whatfor

imported post

So Nutz ,are we to take from your comments that this was expected behavior from a Black man carrying a .40 glock,driving an suv.And that according to other posters makes him a DRUG DEALER.I can understand why you don't feel bad.Clean your glass bellybutton

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

whatfor wrote:
So Nutz ,are we to take from your comments that this was expected behavior from a Black man carrying a .40 glock,driving an suv.And that according to other posters makes him a DRUG DEALER.I can understand why you don't feel bad.Clean your glass bellybutton
I think you missed my post in this discusion , I am the PC incorrect one here & unfortunately if the racial shoe fits one must wear it. Statistically the one minority demographic that does deals drugs, is also the one that buys expensive getto cruisers , Hummers, Escalade's, Lexus's, etc.. kinda like they want to get caught ? Go figure most never graduated High school yet they make 500k a year & don't file tax returns.......da I forgot being a scum bag thug, drug dealer, pimp is now socially acceptable , all thanks to the death of free speech & Political correctness.

whatfor

imported post

No I didn't miss your post , your merely articulated what he had previously implied.My comments has nothing to do with glorifying scum or scum lifestyles.I just question stereotyping especially by folk who value our constitutional rights.As it turned out the villain who "fit the profile of scum" was in fact an officer of the law.There are "teaching moments" in everything.God forbid you happened upon the scene of an off-duty officer like this misguided fellow in a confrontation with someone who doesn't fit your stereotype of a criminal.Could you maybe choose the wrong side.Carrying a Gun requires more than the ability to shoot straight.The ideals or the second amendment requires a greater sense of self and those around you.Otherwise we are just fearful men with guns...very dangerous.that said keep your powder dry.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

whatfor wrote:
No I didn't miss your post , your merely articulated what he had previously implied.My comments has nothing to do with glorifying scum or scum lifestyles.I just question stereotyping especially by folk who value our constitutional rights.As it turned out the villain who "fit the profile of scum" was in fact an officer of the law.There are "teaching moments" in everything.God forbid you happened upon the scene of an off-duty officer like this misguided fellow in a confrontation with someone who doesn't fit your stereotype of a criminal.Could you maybe choose the wrong side.Carrying a Gun requires more than the ability to shoot straight.The ideals or the second amendment requires a greater sense of self and those around you.Otherwise we are just fearful men with guns...very dangerous.that said keep your powder dry.
Well, it sure wasn't a "White guy" that came around the front of that Hummer brandishing a firearm.

I think "Nutz" was simply calling it as he seen it.