• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stolen rifle

uncoolperson

imported post

I've seen posts like this, and people browsing gun show's with a list of sn's helpin folks that were similarly screwed. figured i'd try.

someone broke into my mom's house sunday and took her rossi model 62, sn G180410 (along with perscription, purse, laptop, camera).

I'm mean really? who breaks into an obviously poor, disabled ladies single wide the sunday morning before christmas? (while she wassleeping)

Thanks

David.Car

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
I'm mean really? who breaks into an obviously poor, disabled ladies single wide the sunday morning before christmas? (while she wassleeping)
So she was home when the incident occured? If that is the case then you should be very thankful she wasn't harmed.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sorry man.

As for who would do this? Scum. This is why laws make no sense these guys don't follow them.

How is your mom doing? Hope she isn't too shaken up.

uncoolperson

imported post

David.Car wrote:
uncoolperson wrote:
So she was home when the incident occured? If that is the case then you should be very thankful she wasn't harmed.

I am, that's the part that really has me messed up, someone up to no good with her loaded rifle running around in her house with her right there.

Seems to be (her neighbor heard someone about 6:30am, and my mom gave up on shooting at the possums harassing her cats about 5am) it happened just as she had gone to sleep... she was maybe 20 feet away, though with all the pills she's on for her medical issues from a car accident she could sleep through most things.

on a plus, when my mom said "dang, we don't registered guns in this state" the cop explained to her how although it would make his job easier, registration is a bad thing.

Thanks for all the info on the stolen gun lists, I'll be getting to that shortly.

uncoolperson

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
normally her pistol stays on the nightstand, but now it's staying in whatever room she's in. she's still pretty shaken, though she did send me home, didn't want me to have to wake up earlier than I needed to to get to work.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
normally her pistol stays on the nightstand, but now it's staying in whatever room she's in. she's still pretty shaken, though she did send me home, didn't want me to have to wake up earlier than I needed to to get to work.
Sounds like someone local to me did they bring out the K9?

uncoolperson

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
Sounds like someone local to me did they bring out the K9?
nope, she's in birchbay.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

...and the Deputies decided it wasn't worth it.....:banghead:

But I get arrested because I didn't realize my license was suspended.

Let me guess was it Strobel or Bundy that came out.

uncoolperson

imported post

...and the Deputies decided it wasn't worth it.....:banghead:

But I get arrested because I didn't realize my license was suspended.

Let me guess was it Strobel or Bundy that came out.

offhand, I don't remember. It's on the card.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I feel real bad for your mom. I just can't stand how our LEO's have prioritized crime.

I strongly feel this is someone local, I have done work up there and have had employees that lived in a lot of those areas and some are havens for scum.

uncoolperson

imported post

I feel real bad for your mom. I just can't stand how our LEO's have prioritized crime.

I strongly feel this is someone local, I have done work up there and have had employees that lived in a lot of those areas and some are havens for scum.

she lives in one of the havens that way.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:

she lives in one of the havens that way.
My guess it's someone in the same park then. Dog would have led the Sherrif right to them.