• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crazy Cops in DC

mikestilly

imported post

Did anyone see the footage of the police officers pulling out their pistols during a SNOWBALL FIGHT? One of reasoning I heard on the news was because a SNOWBALL hit his squad car. There was also a off duty officer who unholstered his pistol as well.

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

Pictured: The moment an American police detective pulls out a HANDGUN after he's hit with SNOWBALLS

There are pictures and a video

article-0-07ABE38B000005DC-898_634x420.jpg

DanM

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Did anyone see the footage of the police officers pulling out their pistols during a SNOWBALL FIGHT? One of reasoning I heard on the news was because a SNOWBALL hit his squad car. There was also a off duty officer who upholstered his pistol as well.

You can find the videos pretty easily. The sequence of events you mention is not what is apparent from the videos I've seen. The basicsequence of events as I've seen from the videos:

A plain-clothes officer has his weapon out, pointed down, and confronts snowball fighters with his complaints about snowballs hitting his vehicle(it's a Hummer which has no LEO markings, so it's either his personal vehicle or something other than a marked police vehicle)and himself. Shortly afterward, uniformed officers arrive. The plain-clothes guy at that time appears to have already holstered his weapon. At least one uniformed officer hashis weapon unholstered and pointed down as he approaches, but he holsters it as he gets closer.

Unless there are other facts which aren't apparent from the videos, the plain-clothes guy was completely wrong for drawing his weapon while confronting snowball fighters having nothing in their hands but snow.

An explanation I've heard from news reports about the uniformed officer(s) having their weapons drawn is that they were responding to several 911 calls reporting MWAG in hand, they were simply going in prepared in a situation they had little other information on, and they holstered as soon as they determined no threat existed requiring their guns to be out. The uniformed officers, it looks like at this point, acted appropriately.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Uh oh...now there's going to be a complete ban on snow accumulation in DC.

*Lyrics* "Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight..." LMFAO

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

I wouldn't expect an outright ban. But I can see Chuck Schmucker err Schumer proposing a 10 day waiting period.

Seriously though...
If I produced a pistol at a snowball fight, I'd be in jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $100.

This (gun + badge = god) goon gets put on desk duty pending an infernal affairs "investigation".

It's a good thing for him that the peasants can't posses weapons in DC.

Denny

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

I wouldn't expect an outright ban. But I can see Chuck Schmucker err Schumer proposing a 10 day waiting period.

Seriously though...
If I produced a pistol at a snowball fight, I'd be in jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $100.

This (gun + badge = god) goon gets put on desk duty pending an infernal affairs "investigation".

Very good point. If this happened in Michigan and some apparently very angry person got out of his vehicle and started brandishing a pistol without identifying himself as a LEO it coulda turned out very differently. The chant of "Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight" was priceless. The idiot who continued throwing snowballs at the guy even after he knew he had a gun was an idiot though.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Denny wrote:
SNIP
Very good point. If this happened in Michigan and some apparently very angry person got out of his vehicle and started brandishing a pistol without identifying himself as a LEO it coulda turned out very differently. The chant of "Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight" was priceless. The idiot who continued throwing snowballs at the guy even after he knew he had a gun was an idiot though.
Just one of the many perks for being LEO. :?

EM87

imported post

I'm at home for the holidays and my dad is here watching the news, and as soon as I closed this thread this story appeared on the news! I thought that was pretty cool, thought I'd share. :)

maahes

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I thought he personally didn't get hit but rather just his POS Hummer did.

So someone hit his car with a snowball and he got out of his vehicle and then drew his sidearm.
from watching the full video, there is a few frames where there is snow packed in his ear which then falls out. Looks like he may have taken one to the side of his head, but there is no video of it happening.

Also in the video he repeatedly says "go ahead throw another snowball!" as if a "see what happens" threat. But sounds like consent to me :lol:

Edit: yes full video at 48 seconds he is hit in the right ear with a snow ball.
and at 1:38 is where he starts the "throw another snowball" bit, would have been priceless if he got pelted with more lol.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

maahes wrote:
dougwg wrote:
I thought he personally didn't get hit but rather just his POS Hummer did.

So someone hit his car with a snowball and he got out of his vehicle and then drew his sidearm.
from watching the full video, there is a few frames where there is snow packed in his ear which then falls out. Looks like he may have taken one to the side of his head, but there is no video of it happening.

Also in the video he repeatedly says "go ahead throw another snowball!" as if a "see what happens" threat. But sounds like consent to me :lol:

Edit: yes full video at 48 seconds he is hit in the right ear with a snow ball.
and at 1:38 is where he starts the "throw another snowball" bit, would have been priceless if he got pelted with more lol.
Yea, but thats after his hummer got hit and jumped out with gun drawn.

office888

imported post

Haha.

Just emailed DC Police:

"So I just heard that brandishing a handgun was legal in the DC area, and I wouldn't be brought up on charges. Can I get some clarification on this?"

-Richard-