• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe some cops shouldn't have guns, eh?

Dave Workman

imported post

Maybe some cops should not have guns, eh?

(Question: What would happen to a private citizen who pulled a gun in this kind of situation?)

(Another Question: What would happen to an armed citizen who, seeing a guy exit acar with a drawn gun, moving toward a crowd of snowball throwers, fired to stop what might "reasonably" appear to a "reasonable person" to be a deadly attack about to happen?)

This incident has “bad” written all over it.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d21-So-only-cops-should-have-guns-eh-Maybe-not-in-District-of-Columbia

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybzrmq9

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

"Throw another snowball, throw another snowball"

Oddly, reminds me of Samuel L Jackson, in the movie "S.W.A.T."

He isn't commanding them to get down on the ground, or anything remotely happen if a LEO were to pull a gun. Instead he is provoking and talking "smack" waving a gun around. WTF!

Another thing I hate more than a bad LEO, is one that just stands by and does nothing.

If only Sheriff Leftler were there, he would have reported his ass and testified in court to get rid of him.

Edited to change Samuel's middle initial from "J" to "I"! Whoops.

Batousaii

imported post

- I think the base premise here, is something many (especially politicians and officials) have forgotten: Simply that "POLICE ARE HUMANS" and will act, react, respond, reply, rebuke, lie, cheat and steal, or perhaps consider themselves bound by honor, love, hate, feel happy, sad, angry, get stressed and act stupid, or may keep a level head... well... about the same as ANY OF US MORTALS...
- So the moral (and lesson) of this story, in my eyes at least, is that they too should be held to the same moral and professional standard as the rest of us. SO if "We the people" would get into trouble for it, then they should too... and if they can get off easy for that level of "mistake" or outburst, then we should too. ALL MEN (women too) ARE CREATED EQUAL -- So treat them/us equal in our justifications and consequences.

- This situation is a really bad scene, and that guy, in my humble opinion, should not be a enforcing any law.

:uhoh:Batousaii

knight_308

imported post

It's one of those things that points out the complete cognitive dissonance of the following two political statements:

"Some people are bad, so we have to keep guns away from all of them."
"Some cops are bad, but they're a minority so we just have to live with it."