• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns vs. snowballs

Ranchero

imported post

WTH? Did you hear what I hear? The police dept. denied an officer pulled out a gun and they are investigating. They need more evidence, the videos and 100's of witnesses is not enough. But if You or I pull out a gun, all they need is a person to point a finger and that's enough evidence.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

LEO from ANOTHER jurisdiction drawing down at a snowball fight.
The reason I think that this issue is black and white despicable, is the simple litmus test of mortal danger. Did the LEO fear for his life?
The only excuse to draw a firearm, in a public place, is for defense, drawing a firearm indicates a willingness to use it, which is unacceptable for the circumstances of the snowball fight. The LEO brandished his firearm, and should be punished the same as any "common man" that brandished their firearm in the same manner.

You know...that whole "Boston Massacre" thing...that evolved into bloodshed out of a few thrown snowballs.

SmokeaCigShootaSig

imported post

I sincerely hope that BOTH! Him and his Dept are Sued ... I also would love to see him lose his job and his freedom to bear arms...

Lord Knows, if any one of Us pulled a pistol out for someone throwing snow-balls... We'd lose our Right to own a firearm, would more than likely pay a hefty fine, and do some jail time (even if it is a matter of hours)...

In any event, justice must be served... and to Think, DC's crime rate is so High... I wonder if the caliber of LEO's have anythign to do with it ? 'Detective' I L-o-L-! at that.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SmokeaCigShootaSig wrote:
Lord Knows, if any one of Us pulled a pistol out for someone throwing snow-balls... We'd lose our Right to own a firearm, would more than likely pay a hefty fine, and do some jail time (even if it is a matter of hours)...
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you:)shock:), that you would even think it a remote possibility ....that one of us would even........possibly do something like this!

I sincerely hope that BOTH! Him and his Dept are Sued ... I also would love to see him lose his job and his freedom to bear arms...
Wow, that's pretty strict. Would you have the same view if it had been a non-LEO? (Not one of us, of course, but someone else who could legally carry a gun.)

Rusty

imported post

My real problem with this is the sense of entitlement that SOME police officers feel they have. On the whole, I respect the job that police do, it is a dangerous job where you have to deal with a lot of jerks and scumbags. I wonder if this makes some police officers feel like everyone they deal with is a jerk or a scumbag.

If in fact, this snowball fight was causing a traffic nuisance, which it well could have been, the appropriate action would have been for him to either call it in and have some uniformed officers come deal with it as that. If he felt a need to get out and deal with it himself, he could have pulled out his badge, and tried to disperse it that way.

I always hear this argument that goes along with self defense shootings. It generally goes something like "Why didn't you shoot him in the leg or something"

I think this argument misses the point. If you are in a situation where you need to pull your firearm out, then you need to be prepared to use lethal force. You don't pull it out to scare people, or to warn them, or to identify yourself as a police officer. You pull it out to kill someone. If you are not in a situation where you think lethal force is going to be necessary, then you should not have pulled it out in the first place.

There was absolutely no threat to this guy, short of a sore face from getting beaned with a snowball. Totally unprofessional, and dangerous to the public.

Gundude

imported post

HankT wrote:
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you :)shock:), that you would even think it a remote possibility ....that one of us would even........possibly do something like this!

Wow, that's pretty strict. Would you have the same view if it had been a non-LEO? (Not one of us, of course, but someone else who could legally carry a gun.)

ANYONE who pulls a gun during a snowball fight should be prosecuted.They also should not be allowed to carry a gun.

He will prolly get off, saying that he thought he saw someone putting a hand grenade in a snowball.

p.s. Don't take a snowball to a gunfight.

Rusty

imported post

So far we have learned:

1. You don't take a gun to a snowball fight
2. You don't take a snowball to a gun fight

You know what would be fun. A nice little OC event (maybe at a park) and we could all have a snowball fight, or even a pillow fight.

Of course that might violate rule #1 above.

tonyoverthere

imported post

At least they got a slow-motion shot of someone pelting him in the face with another snow ball.....classic.

SmokeaCigShootaSig

imported post

HankT wrote:

I dont think so, because you know had it been you or I, we would still be in our cell unable to phone anyone since we are a terrorist.

Thank You RUSTY for the Support!.!. You know the book wouldve been thrown at us if one of us did it.

Eye for an Eye... LEO's are NOT above the Law, they are Citizens just like us

SmokeaCigShootaSig

imported post

Ranchero wrote:
WTH? Did you hear what I hear? The police dept. denied an officer pulled out a gun and they are investigating. They need more evidence, the videos and 100's of witnesses is not enough. But if You or I pull out a gun, all they need is a person to point a finger and that's enough evidence.

YES!!!!! Can you believe that?!???? HA! Its in plain sight... Pathetic.

I hope the public doesnt let this one slip by! :p

woody510

imported post

did any one miss when he walked up and shoved that kid and told him to get on the curb i would have loved to see that kid sue for assault hope that D*ck head loses his job over that!