• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ankle Holser

ODA 226

imported post

I would ask you to re-think your means of carry, unless it is an absolute necessity. Ankle Carry is by far the slowest means to draw your weapon and it has resulted in the death of many LEOs. I lost (and thank God) recovered by backup during a chase and swore I'd never ankle carry again.

Just my .02.

Stay Safe!

midnight61

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I would ask you to re-think your means of carry, unless it is an absolute necessity. Ankle Carry is by far the slowest means to draw your weapon and it has resulted in the death of many LEOs. I lost (and thank God) recovered by backup during a chase and swore I'd never ankle carry again.

Just my .02.

Stay Safe!
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. This not not for a primary carry but for a BUG while I'm driving.

Superlite27

imported post

I carry a titanium snubbie in a DeSantis ankle holster as a BUG.

It has a lambswool backing with elastic flaps and hook and loop (velcro) closure which allows you to adjust the tightness. It has a thumb break and holds the gun very secure. I can run in it and it stays put.

I sometimes forget it's there.