• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop brings a gun to a snowball fight

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I wonder what opinions would be here if the Hummer driver cum gun had been a OCer or a CCer???

39.gif

hunter45

imported post

The punk who threw the snowball at the detective should be charged with battery on a law enforcement officer. And the others should be charged with criminal mischief.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
The punk who threw the snowball at the detective should be charged with battery on a law enforcement officer. And the others should be charged with criminal mischief.
It's a snowball for crying out loud.
We used to drop water balloons on the local cops on a regular basis.

I've been hit with snowballs dozens of times and never waved a gun around. Threw a few back...

That's one of the problem with modern Cities, too many laws, kids can't have any fun and people who should be behind bars, are cops.

hunter45

imported post

peter nap wrote:
hunter45 wrote:

I've been hit with snowballs dozens of times and never waved a gun around. Threw a few back...

That's one of the problem with modern Cities, too many laws, kids can't have any fun and people who should be behind bars, are cops.

You can still have fun without throwing snowballs at other peoples vehicles. If I was driving down the road and someone threw a snowball at my car, I would stop and hunt them down (but I wouldn't draw my gun :p).

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

peter nap wrote:

When the cops were driving by in the hood, we used to loudly vocalize the question: "What's a dirty penny made out of?"

Then we would SHOUT the answer.....and run like hell through back yards and alleys.

Pi**ed them off...

They caught by buddy once.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
peter nap wrote:
hunter45 wrote:

You can still have fun without throwing snowballs at other peoples vehicles. If I was driving down the road and someone threw a snowball at my car, I would stop and hunt them down (but I wouldn't draw my gun :p).
Could be worse. We always had an annual walnut fight with the freshmen at Bridgewater college. those little things hurt.
In those days, the freshmen had to wear beanies. One would get snatched and the war would begin.

Bridgewater had one cop...Harvey AKA Officer larda$$.:uhoh:

He'd get pelted and go find something else to do. Then tell your parents:X:X

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

HankT wrote:
peter nap wrote:

When the cops were driving by in the hood, we used to loudly vocalize the question: "What's a dirty penny made out of?"

Then we would SHOUT the answer.....and run like hell through back yards and alleys.

Pi**ed them off...

They have yards in Joisey:shock:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

hunter45 wrote:

Actually, the people throwing snowballs at the cars could be charged with a Class 4 felony (18.2-154)for throwing missles. If any of those snow & ice balls were directed at the officer, he may have felt in more danger than we can understand now after the fact.

In either case, it will be interesting to see how the investigation pans out....

ETA - watch at about :46 when he gets hit square in the face....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

peter nap wrote:
HankT wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Pi**ed them off...

Soitenly.Why not?

Hey, PN, did you ever get a bullseye on a cop's head with your water balloon bombing?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

HankT wrote:
peter nap wrote:
HankT wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Pi**ed them off...

Soitenly.Why not?

Hey, PN, did you ever get a bullseye on a cop's head with your water balloon bombing?
Not till I was in college. Got one from my balcony one night. That was during a break in my divinity studies.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IT WAS A SNOWBALL FIGHT, NOT A GUN FIGHT!!:cuss:

The LEO was off duty in a POV. He drove into a snowball fight that was already going on and his car was hit. HE then got out and went after people. His clear intent was to scare people because they hit his Hummer with a snowball.

This guy has no business possessing a firearm, as he does not have the maturity to determine when or how it is appropriate to use it. It took a second LEO drawing his sidearm to calm this guy down. What would have happened if that second LEO had not been on the scene and taken control of this idiot?

There are plenty of stable citizen available to take this guys position on the force. After the investigation he should be dismissed.

Steve B

imported post

anybody ever hear of dents or windows being broken by snow/iceballs?? I would get highly upset with someone throwing snowballs at my Hummer. They should have been charged with vandalism on the Hummer, then assault on the officer, SANS handgun, unless, of course, they resisted arrest!!!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

The LEO was off duty in a POV. He drove into a snowball fight that was already going on and his car was hit. HE then got out and went after people. His clear intent was to scare people because they hit his Hummer with a snowball.

This guy has no business possessing a firearm, as he does not have the maturity to determine when or how it is appropriate to use it. It took a second LEO drawing his sidearm to calm this guy down. What would have happened if that second LEO had not been on the scene and taken control of this idiot?

There are plenty of stable citizen available to take this guys position on the force. After the investigation he should be dismissed.

It was not just a snowball fight...

It was upwards of 100+ people committing a felony assault against him and whatever other motorists got caught in it. The group was doing one of those "flash mob" activities which by their poor choice this time involved assaulting other people. The detective was hit in the face at least once that we saw on tape. I heard someone yell "F$%^. You pig!" at least twice in the video.

LIke I said earlier, it will be interesting to see how this plays out...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

It was not just a snowball fight...

It was upwards of 100+ people committing a felony assault against him and whatever other motorists got caught in it. The group was doing one of those "flash mob" activities which by their poor choice this time involved assaulting other people. The detective was hit in the face at least once that we saw on tape. I heard someone yell "F$%^. You pig!" at least twice in the video.

LIke I said earlier, it will be interesting to see how this plays out...
Did someone say snowball fight.

jump1.jpg

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Not till I was in college. Got one from my balcony one night. That was during a break in my divinity studies.
Did you finish the degree?