• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From out of state

Syntax Error

imported post

Sorry to post so close to time, but decision was made last minute to make the trip to Georgia to visit family. I carry open here in Louisiana, and do NOT have a permit of any flavor. Can this board give me a quick run down? I am researching as much as I can before the trip. Thanks in advance for you help.

Matt

rmodel65

imported post

you cant really carry at all..... since you have no permit you cant carry on your person and with current case law you cant glove box or OC in the car..... get a permit dude:p

Syntax Error

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
you cant really carry at all..... since you have no permit you cant carry on your person and with current case law you cant glove box or OC in the car..... get a permit dude:p

So I asume something has happened and the maps at the top are Incorrect about carry in car or in glove box. Guess I will have to go it the old fashioned way...

Thanks,

Matt

ps. A permit limits me too much in the state of LA.

rmodel65

imported post

Syntax Error wrote:
rmodel65 wrote:

So I asume something has happened and the maps at the top are Incorrect about carry in car or in glove box. Guess I will have to go it the old fashioned way...

Thanks,

Matt

get a Florida permit its good in GA :cool:

Syntax Error

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Syntax Error wrote:
rmodel65 wrote:

Thanks,

Matt

How does a permit limit you in LA?

I really do not want to open a can of worms, but in short, it subjects you to certain things. You HAVE to notify a LEO you have it. You HAVE to surrender it to them. There are myriad other reasons some personal some just not that big a deal. In LA, the vehicle is a personal extension of your home. Therefore, you rights and your person are protected a little better. I have worked as a LEO (Chief Master at arms, Naval Station Headquarters- Charleston, SC.) as well as on base. So it is not like I am wanting to "hide" the fact I have it, just the notion of being told I have to.

Thank you for you serviced sir,

Matt

EN2(SW) 85-92

rmodel65

imported post

well id just get a florida non resident and youll be gtg in GA theres not duty to inform here etc