• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

January Everett Meet

kito109654

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Well shoot, obviously we can't all make it and whatever time we choose will leave some out. So far, I'm thinking 3, or maybe 3:30, that way fire suppressor would have time to drive back to Kitsap and 911Boss could maybe join us a bit late.

Let's wait a few more days for everyone to weigh in but so far I'm thinking

3:30PM Sunday January 17.

The one weekend that month I am not available. :(

Any other Sunday would do for me, Saturday too, but Sundays are best.
I've had at least 3 say that the 10th is no good for them. I'm gonna try to do this is Feb too so don't get too down.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kito109654 wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Well shoot, obviously we can't all make it and whatever time we choose will leave some out. So far, I'm thinking 3, or maybe 3:30, that way fire suppressor would have time to drive back to Kitsap and 911Boss could maybe join us a bit late.

Let's wait a few more days for everyone to weigh in but so far I'm thinking

3:30PM Sunday January 17.

The one weekend that month I am not available. :(

Any other Sunday would do for me, Saturday too, but Sundays are best.
I've had at least 3 say that the 10th is no good for them. I'm gonna try to do this is Feb too so don't get too down.
Sundays don't usually work for me, so if you can consider a Saturday for the next one I'll catch you all then.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Just stick to your date if you change it too many times you will have less folks show up. Good idea to have one in Feb too for those of us that might not make it.

kito109654

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Just stick to your date if you change it too many times you will have less folks show up. Good idea to have one in Feb too for those of us that might not make it.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, thanks for your input on this.

FMCDH

imported post

Another good idea that has worked in the past is to use the voting function.

Include about 4-8 options for people to choose from and stick with the option that the most people pick for that month.

It also makes it easier for people to keep tabs on the "eventual" date then to force people to have to scan through the posts looking for it.

Aryk45XD

imported post

I like that idea. Just a slight twist... Perhaps PM everyone who is trying to go just so they know a vote is going on. I'm going no matter what, but just to be fair to those who mentioned and don't have a chance to keep tabs.:celebrate

Edit: I jumped the gun... What's the voting function? :banghead: NOOB

kito109654

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
I like that idea. Just a slight twist... Perhaps PM everyone who is trying to go just so they know a vote is going on. I'm going no matter what, but just to be fair to those who mentioned and don't have a chance to keep tabs.:celebrate

I actually did send a PM to everyone in the area who said they would be interested in a local meet. :)

FMCDH

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
When creating a new thread you have the option to add the voting function (a check box at the bottom) and customize it a bit with what you want people to vote on and such.

You can test it out by starting a new thread and looking at the page, just remember NOT to post it. ;)

Squeak

imported post

Don't make it complicated; post a place, time, and date. The rest will fall into place. No disrespect, but if you drag it out people loose track and forget. We've had a few here on the west side and when we post a definate p,t,d, we get pretty good results. I'll participate, but iffin ya drag it out, I'll get 'em to come over this way!!:lol: Good luck and count me in.

DEROS72

imported post

As I said I would love to attend but would need a ride from Seatac...Thanks

5jeffro7

imported post

1) is boston's OC friendly?

2) has anyone actually eaten their pizza? I have, and I can tell you unequivocally that it is the only pizza, with the exception of pizza hut that gives me heartburn for 2 days after eating it....and rather pricy, as well

at least that's MY opinion

J

sudden valley gunner

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:

2) has anyone actually eaten their pizza? I have, and I can tell you unequivocally that it is the only pizza, with the exception of pizza hut that gives me heartburn for 2 days after eating it....and rather pricy, as well

J

Too late the place ischoosen come and order a salad or something else, I myself not a huge fan of thier pizza but they have other items on the menu.

I don't think they are going to turn away a dozen or more hungry, bill paying customers. They didn't up here did they Kito?:lol:

kito109654

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:

J

1. Does it matter? We simply relocate if they ask us to leave. The bigger group the better if that happens. I will let them know that we have agroupshowingup at that time. (Edit, exactly what SVG said! and no, they did not turn us away.)

2. I haven't had their pizza, you can get pizza anywhere. They have tons of other great choices for food. If you get heartburn, choose friendlier foods. I've never had heartburn so I can't comment much on it. You had tons of time to chime in before the final decision was made.

5jeffro7

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
If you get heartburn, choose friendlier foods.
thanks, but I'm not in need of medical advice, I have my own physician
I've never had heartburn so I can't comment much on it.
then, by all means, please don't
You had tons of time to chime in before the final decision was made.
actually, it is for this very type of garbage that I rarely log on any more..everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do or how to run their life....

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Wow. You complain about the place choosen, which hints thatyou want the venue changed. And then whine about being someone telling you "how to live your life" which I can't see at all in the responses you were given.Don,t go if you don't like it that's the bottom line the place is choosen.

kito109654

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
If you get heartburn, choose friendlier foods.
thanks, but I'm not in need of medical advice, I have my own physician
I've never had heartburn so I can't comment much on it.
then, by all means, please don't
You had tons of time to chime in before the final decision was made.
actually, it is for this very type of garbage that I rarely log on any more..everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do or how to run their life....

Hmmm, double standard much? I made every effort to get people to speak up on location preferences; you failed, not I. Also, I was not telling you how to live your life, I made a suggestion because you seemed to be complaining about your own food choices, something I have a hard time understanding. What would the correct response have been?

Still, I hope you can make it and have a good time with us. :) I certainly intend to have a good time and I'm looking forward to some good conversation!