Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2741

Thread: South Sound OC Report........

Discount Tire ($700+! ouch), and Albertsons in Lacey. No issues.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Nice day for a stroll at Pike Place Market with the dogs,

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Fred Meyer, 72nd and Pacific ave in Tacoma.....no issues.

7-11, 48th and Oaks st...... no issues. A few strange looks from some of the other people. One gentleman stopped me on the way out and asked the usual questions, handed him a pamphlet. A positive experience.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Dennies in soulth auburn - no issues

In the 'hood

Went for an hour walk in my neighborhood with the wife...had another walker come up from behind and asked what I was carrying....1911 Kimber..."nice" he said, as he passed.

A little further along, a guy pulled into his driveway with a tricked out classic Model - T that was very nice. We passed as he got out and I commented on his car....as we looped around the corner, he was standing on his front porch eyballing us hard until we passed out of sight. Half expected a drive by, but it never happened. Continued for half mile on Alameda until we got back home.....nothing else.

Safeway/Wells Fargo on 72nd...

Starbucks on 56th and S. Tac Way
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post

A little further along, a guy pulled into his driveway with a tricked out classic Model - T that was very nice. We passed as he got out and I commented on his car....as we looped around the corner, he was standing on his front porch eyballing us hard until we passed out of sight.

Half expected a drive by, but it never happened.
    You have to watch the guys in the Model T's.......When they did a drive by in the prohibition era they tended to use Thompson sub machine guns..............
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by OlGutshotWilly View Post
    You have to watch the guys in the Model T's.......When they did a drive by in the prohibition era they tended to use Thompson sub machine guns..............
    No, they used Cadillacs and Lincolns.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Birthday with a Bang! (Actually many of them!)

Today is my birthday and I took the day off from my job at Lowe's and went shooting at Champion in Kent. Took a newbie from work with me. She hadn't so much as even held a gun. Yes, I was OC, but had to cover when in the rain. We stopped at Ben's Loan in Renton first and she got to look at some guns and actually hold one. I have been teaching her gun safety and she has read Dave Workman's book WA State Gun Rights and Responsibilities. She is 21, lives with her parents, and they support her in learning about shooting from an experienced female shooter. Her family's home was broken into and they were robbed a little while ago (they were not home at the time), and this has made her want to learn to protect herself as she is home by herself frequently.

We then went to Champion and she got some more good instruction. Very good student, she pays attention and practices good gun safety. She rented a .22, which I suggested as her first gun and she did well. Only caught her with her finger in the trigger guard a couple of times. All her hits were on the paper. I told her not to worry too much about placement right now, just wanted her to concentrate on safety and getting comfortable with handling and firing a firearm. She enjoyed it and wants to go back. The guys down there were supportive and willing to help her anytime. It brought back memories of when I was just learning in 2009. We had a good time. I hadn't been shooting since December of 2010; no car and no money to spare. I shot my 3 guns, a 9, a .38 special, and of course my .45 (1911). Good to see that I have not lost my touch; still shoot very well.

I would have said hi Nick, but they said you weren't in when we were there (11ish). It gave me a thrill to be the one to start another woman down the road to being able to protect herself. Yes!! Women shooters rock!! No more being helpless and defenseless! All in all, a great day,
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Ruby, you are as always a class act!
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Happy Birthday, Ruby!
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Happy Birthday Ruby! sorry I missed you, I was on my bank run....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Happy Birthday Ruby! sorry I missed you, I was on my bank run....
    I wonder where I was at the time...??

/Edit - never mind, didn't arrive today till 2pm
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 05-22-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Do you want to get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License? Sheriff Dickerson of Columbia County Oregon will be at theTacoma Dome Show in April 2015. Everything you need to get your Oregon CHL is linked through the website or you can use the information from the website and make an appointment and apply at his office in St Helens, Oregon.
    http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ccso

Thanks guys for all the good wishes, they are much appreciated! Nick and M1Gunner, hopefully I will get down there again soon and see you guys. Had a great time.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Thanks guys for all the good wishes, they are much appreciated! Nick and M1Gunner, hopefully I will get down there again soon and see you guys. Had a great time.
    +1 on the B'day wishes Ruby....take care.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

On sunday my wife and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo for her birthday and for a project I'm working on for Anthropology. I had intended to OC but it was raining so I CC'd.
    Afterwards we went to REI Seattle for new hiking boots. It was really hot inside so I took off my jacket. I had never OC'd in REI and I always got a hippy feel to it so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's the only sporting goods store I can think of that doesn't sell firearms.
    The only person that said anything was the young man helping me find the right boots. He looked at my hip and said, "Nice gun!"
    I said thanks and that was it. I got a couple of glances and one double take but even that guy didn't really seem to care. It really was a good experience.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Spent about an hour getting a new bank account at Chase (the one inside QFC Yelm/College), no issues.
    Lacey WINCO, Wendy's, and propane at the tow hitch welding shop on Martin. If you need propane go there quick, it's on sale this week for $1.50/gallon.

At the Twin Lakes Fred Meyer last week buying camping groceries with Bernie (aka Deros) a cashier asked about our guns. Both Jim and I sensed a bit of fear in her eyes and she related that she heard that another cashier saw us and told her supervisor that she refused to check us out. After a brief discussion on OC being legal, the fact that I have OC'd in this particular FM weekly for 2 1/2 years and some simple facts the cashier turned from her fearful body language to a more curious body language and discussion. In the end we handed her a pamphlet and left her with more information than she had before.
    Live Free or Die!

The family and I spent the day at Point Defiance Zoo. It was a good day without one word spoken to me. My wife over heard some guy say, "Look open carry!" I was much more prepared than most days OCing. It was new territory for me. After that, we went to the Taco Bell on Canyon Rd to feed the kids.

Tacoma to Milton-Freewater Oregon via Ellensburg, Yakima, Walla Walla and all stops in-between...... nothing to report there and back....
    Do you want to get your Oregon Concealed Handgun License? Sheriff Dickerson of Columbia County Oregon will be at theTacoma Dome Show in April 2015. Everything you need to get your Oregon CHL is linked through the website or you can use the information from the website and make an appointment and apply at his office in St Helens, Oregon.
    http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ccso

I had a 3 day yard sale last weekend. Half way through the second day, 2 rough looking guys about early 20's stopped by. the only thing they seemed to be interested ion was the way my house and yard are laid out. Then, one of them commented on my watch, which is rather expensive looking, but in reality quite cheap. I heard ont of them say, "Hey check out the watch" I turned strong side to them and said Yeah, I got it to match my gun. They lost interest and left but I did get plate number and descriptions. We shall see what transpires.
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 05-27-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Gotta love how quickly dirtbags take off at the sight of a legally carried firearm

Nicely done, Trigger Dr.

OC at the Barnes and Noble at the Lakewood Town Center. I was contacted by the personal there but I was followed the whole time there by security. Then I went to the Town Center Safeway. Had a good chat about guns with the employee at the Chinese food counter and ran into a fellow that CC's
    I carry a Para Ordance 1911 .45 ACP.

The family and I went to Puyallup Red Robin and then to the South Hill Fred Meyer. On the way to Fred Meyer we passed a crime scene which 2 men who were killed. As we were exiting our car, 2 employees were discussing the scene just down the road. Knowing no strangers, my wife jumped in to give her 2 cents. One of the employees asked "What is this world coming to?" The employees had not seen my pistol, so, I responded, "Yeah, sooner or later a lot of folks are just going to start carrying guns around." My wife started to snicker. The employee responded as I turned my strong side towards her. She said, "Yeah, that's what people will...oh!" Priceless, the look on her face was of shock, but in agreement that I carried.

To bad for those 2 gentlemen that died.
    http://www.kirotv.com/ap/ap/washingt...ty-home/nPGDD/

Went to Chase Bank (Martin/Marvin Lacey) to deposit my check since the camera App didn't work. Also to try out my new pen camcorder, the video quality is fairly impressive for $40.00 from COSTCO. The only problem is I,m going to find a way to adjust the angle since the person I'm talking to is not in the frame most of the time. Also went to Happy Teriyaki #4, and WINCO. At WINCO a guy asked if I had a "19", I kind of did my own double take and he repeated himself "is that a Glock 19? I said no it's a Taurus, which started off a friendly discussion of the state of the country today. At parting I gave him a pamphlet which he seemed to really appreciate. All in all another no issue day as always.

Pen cam: Swann Pencam w/2gb memory.

Page 70 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast