• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

WinchesterModel12

Fred Meyer, 72nd and Pacific ave in Tacoma.....no issues.

7-11, 48th and Oaks st...... no issues. A few strange looks from some of the other people. One gentleman stopped me on the way out and asked the usual questions, handed him a pamphlet. A positive experience.

jt59

In the 'hood

Went for an hour walk in my neighborhood with the wife...had another walker come up from behind and asked what I was carrying....1911 Kimber..."nice" he said, as he passed.

A little further along, a guy pulled into his driveway with a tricked out classic Model - T that was very nice. We passed as he got out and I commented on his car....as we looped around the corner, he was standing on his front porch eyballing us hard until we passed out of sight. Half expected a drive by, but it never happened. Continued for half mile on Alameda until we got back home.....nothing else.

Safeway/Wells Fargo on 72nd...

Starbucks on 56th and S. Tac Way

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
A little further along, a guy pulled into his driveway with a tricked out classic Model - T that was very nice. We passed as he got out and I commented on his car....as we looped around the corner, he was standing on his front porch eyballing us hard until we passed out of sight.

Half expected a drive by, but it never happened.

You have to watch the guys in the Model T's.......When they did a drive by in the prohibition era they tended to use Thompson sub machine guns..............

Ruby

Birthday with a Bang! (Actually many of them!)

Today is my birthday and I took the day off from my job at Lowe's and went shooting at Champion in Kent. Took a newbie from work with me. She hadn't so much as even held a gun. Yes, I was OC, but had to cover when in the rain. We stopped at Ben's Loan in Renton first and she got to look at some guns and actually hold one. I have been teaching her gun safety and she has read Dave Workman's book WA State Gun Rights and Responsibilities. She is 21, lives with her parents, and they support her in learning about shooting from an experienced female shooter. Her family's home was broken into and they were robbed a little while ago (they were not home at the time), and this has made her want to learn to protect herself as she is home by herself frequently.

We then went to Champion and she got some more good instruction. Very good student, she pays attention and practices good gun safety. She rented a .22, which I suggested as her first gun and she did well. Only caught her with her finger in the trigger guard a couple of times. All her hits were on the paper. I told her not to worry too much about placement right now, just wanted her to concentrate on safety and getting comfortable with handling and firing a firearm. She enjoyed it and wants to go back. The guys down there were supportive and willing to help her anytime. It brought back memories of when I was just learning in 2009. We had a good time. I hadn't been shooting since December of 2010; no car and no money to spare. I shot my 3 guns, a 9, a .38 special, and of course my .45 (1911). Good to see that I have not lost my touch; still shoot very well.

I would have said hi Nick, but they said you weren't in when we were there (11ish). It gave me a thrill to be the one to start another woman down the road to being able to protect herself. Yes!! Women shooters rock!! No more being helpless and defenseless! All in all, a great day,

Ruby

Thanks guys for all the good wishes, they are much appreciated! Nick and M1Gunner, hopefully I will get down there again soon and see you guys. Had a great time.

decklin

On sunday my wife and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo for her birthday and for a project I'm working on for Anthropology. I had intended to OC but it was raining so I CC'd.
Afterwards we went to REI Seattle for new hiking boots. It was really hot inside so I took off my jacket. I had never OC'd in REI and I always got a hippy feel to it so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's the only sporting goods store I can think of that doesn't sell firearms.
The only person that said anything was the young man helping me find the right boots. He looked at my hip and said, "Nice gun!"
I said thanks and that was it. I got a couple of glances and one double take but even that guy didn't really seem to care. It really was a good experience.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Spent about an hour getting a new bank account at Chase (the one inside QFC Yelm/College), no issues.
Lacey WINCO, Wendy's, and propane at the tow hitch welding shop on Martin. If you need propane go there quick, it's on sale this week for $1.50/gallon.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
At the Twin Lakes Fred Meyer last week buying camping groceries with Bernie (aka Deros) a cashier asked about our guns. Both Jim and I sensed a bit of fear in her eyes and she related that she heard that another cashier saw us and told her supervisor that she refused to check us out. After a brief discussion on OC being legal, the fact that I have OC'd in this particular FM weekly for 2 1/2 years and some simple facts the cashier turned from her fearful body language to a more curious body language and discussion. In the end we handed her a pamphlet and left her with more information than she had before.

DCKilla

The family and I spent the day at Point Defiance Zoo. It was a good day without one word spoken to me. My wife over heard some guy say, "Look open carry!" I was much more prepared than most days OCing. It was new territory for me. After that, we went to the Taco Bell on Canyon Rd to feed the kids.

Trigger Dr

I had a 3 day yard sale last weekend. Half way through the second day, 2 rough looking guys about early 20's stopped by. the only thing they seemed to be interested ion was the way my house and yard are laid out. Then, one of them commented on my watch, which is rather expensive looking, but in reality quite cheap. I heard ont of them say, "Hey check out the watch" I turned strong side to them and said Yeah, I got it to match my gun. They lost interest and left but I did get plate number and descriptions. We shall see what transpires.

Last edited: