• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

cpgrad08

A new waitress at Bur's was asking me to cover up my Weapon and I should leave since they have a sign at their bar section. ( I wasn't at the bar) after talking with her a while I was finally able to convinced what the law is. She did make some comments about mass shooting and have I ever shoot anyone. I'm thinking about making a complaint to the owner.

tombrewster421

OC'd to the Fourth of July parade in my new home town of Oakville today with the kids. No one warned me I should bring bags for the kids to get all the candy that was thrown home.

Schlepnier

Well you never know when it happens-just about 30 minutes ago standing in line at the walmart in Yelm, the woman behind me asked me what my profession was (probably thought I was a cop) since i had a gun. we had a nice little conversation and I gave her a pamphlet.

Schlepnier

Well it isn't exactly "south" but I went up to Seattle today with the wife and spent a good amount of time in the Uwajimya shopping center(and kinokuniya bookstore) then we went to dinner at the former kabuki restaurant (the new name escapes me at the moment, the owner died and his wife sold it to his sushi chef) off 38th in Tacoma (next to guitar center), the menu has changed a bit but the fresh made sushi is still fantastic and there are lots of new dishes I need to try now. OC the entire time and not a word said by anybody....as it should be.

Bill45

I ran in to a OCer when I walked into my barbershop in So Tacoma yesterday. I asked him if he was aware of OCDO, he was not, so I told him about this forum. Perhaps he will chime in some day.
Today I was in Safeway on 72nd St. and Petsmart on Union. All in Tacoma. Later I ate at Sheri's at Bonny Lake and lastly at Dairy Queen at Bonny Lake. All with out comment or as far as I could tell anyone even noticing my OC. Except for a pan handler in Sheri's parking lot who asked for a "couple of bucks for gas" and then asked me "what type of gun I was wearing?".

So basically a no event normal day.

Last edited:

decklin

Haven't posted in here for awhile.
Picked up a new holster for my P226 Combat at the Sportco tent sale a couple weeks ago. It's got the 1913 picatinny rail instead of the rail on the P226r. Makes it difficult to find a holster that fits.
Found a Galco 3 slot labeled for the MK25. It was the last one so I was pretty excited as the MK25 uses the same rail as the Combat. Fits like a dream and looks way better than the SERPA I've been using.

On Wednesday I oc'd into the South Hill Mall in search of a new Patriots hat. Not long after I got there a security guard walked by me. He looked me in the eye, down at the gun, then back to my eye. Then he tipped his hat and said, "Good afternoon, sir."
I nodded and smiled, "You too, sir!"
He just kept on walking. Didn't expect him to do that.

About a month ago I was at the Fred Meyer in Auburn going through the self checkout when an older woman makes a big show of walking around to my strong side and looking at my hip. She did this with a lot of dramatic movements attempting to garner attention, I assume.
Then she walks towards the exit while repeatedly turning around to stare at me. Finally she gets the attention of some nearby people and starts speaking to them and pointing at me.
They made my day when they looked at me, looked back at her with, "So what?" expressions, shook their heads and walked away. At that point she just stood there looking shocked that nobody else cared I had a gun. Finally she left.

Alsherry

Went to the Puyallup Little Caesar's last night to pick up a heart attack :p for me and some friends. Walk in and wait for someone to come up to the register. There's only standing room, so there's no where to sit. Down on the other side of the counter, I see a little kid, wide-eyed as a goldfish, tugging on his mom's shirt and "whispering", (although I guess we wasn't very good at it, cause everyone could hear him) "Mommy, mommy, mommy, that man's gotta gun!". Said it like 6 times before she noticed what he was talking about. It's always the kids, right? Anyways, I could kinda tell that he was a bit nervous, so I turned to him and said, insert very kind voice, "Yup, that's my gun. *Smiling Proudly* Would you like to see it? You can come and look at it but don't touch it." He went from nervous to excited and intrigued so fast, I think it even suprised his mom. He asked me what kind it was and I told him a Glock. Got my pizza, said bye, and walked out. Felt pretty good about that encounter, turn it from possibly hostile to a friendly interaction pretty smoothly.

Freedom1Man

Went to the Puyallup Little Caesar's last night to pick up a heart attack :p for me and some friends. Walk in and wait for someone to come up to the register. There's only standing room, so there's no where to sit. Down on the other side of the counter, I see a little kid, wide-eyed as a goldfish, tugging on his mom's shirt and "whispering", (although I guess we wasn't very good at it, cause everyone could hear him) "Mommy, mommy, mommy, that man's gotta gun!". Said it like 6 times before she noticed what he was talking about. It's always the kids, right? Anyways, I could kinda tell that he was a bit nervous, so I turned to him and said, insert very kind voice, "Yup, that's my gun. *Smiling Proudly* Would you like to see it? You can come and look at it but don't touch it." He went from nervous to excited and intrigued so fast, I think it even suprised his mom. He asked me what kind it was and I told him a Glock. Got my pizza, said bye, and walked out. Felt pretty good about that encounter, turn it from possibly hostile to a friendly interaction pretty smoothly.

Nice job.

Lovenox

Little Ceasars on College St. No issues and the girl behind the counter didn't bat an eyelash. Went to the parking lot and a mother was disciplining her boy by making him sit in the back and she turns to me and says, "He has been a pain in the butt all day and wonders why he is going in the back." She look at my gun and smiled and said, "Your daughter is so cute..." lol My daughter breaks up the conversation by saying "Dad I am hungry lets go." lol!

briehl12

I walked into target today on the Kent East Hill. Nobody asked me to leave nobody freaked out and of course I was open carry. My next stop will be Sam's Club in Auburn.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Went to a city of Auburn tour of a restoration site along the green river called the fenster project (phase 2). They are 'restoring' 600 feet of river edge to it's historical flood plain.... Basically they took out the old road dike and buried logs and rocks and created and area the river can flood for $1.3 million dollars.

Anyways, there was the city council, mayor, an Auburn LEO and other city employees and some members of the public in attendance. We toured the property and learned about the project as we have an adjacent piece of property.

No one said a word about my Sig 239

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Went to a city of Auburn tour of a restoration site along the green river called the fenster project (phase 2). They are 'restoring' 600 feet of river edge to it's historical flood plain.... Basically they took out the old road dike and buried logs and rocks and created and area the river can flood for $1.3 million dollars.

Anyways, there was the city council, mayor, an Auburn LEO and other city employees and some members of the public in attendance. We toured the property and learned about the project as we have an adjacent piece of property.

No one said a word about my Sig 239

If it was a Hi-Point they may not have said anything either, but they might have taken up a collection for you. :)

badkarma

Barnes and Nobles in Lakehood Town Center this evening. Probly there for 3 hours. Security guard was more worried about the homeless mental patients than me.

cpgrad08

Very nice. I'm always unsure how to handle kids when it comes to OC.